Default Drow Acrobat Kensai

I'll probably end up rerolling as a half orc, but I want to give the build a test run. I chose drow for no reason other than I've had drow hunter's armor sitting in my bank account for months for my next rogue. lol I have a pretty decent collection of quarterstaffs in the bank also, so acrobat seemed like the way to go. I don't have any experience with rogue prestige classes or rogue feats, so feedback is definitely welcome.

I've seen people mention 13rog/7mnk builds. I let my VIP status expire recently, so monk isn't a possibility at the moment. I had also considered a paladin splash, but the prestige classes didn't look that great. I also thought about going 6 fighter and splashing something early on to get cure wands. Thanks for your feedback!

Chaotic Good Drow
    (13 Rogue / 7 Fighter)

Stats
    Str 15 +5 Level Ups
    Dex 14
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Wis 10
    Cha 10
    (Use +2 Tomes As Available)

Feats
    1 Toughness
    3 Two Handed Fighting
    3 Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning
    4 Stunning Blow
    6 Power Attack
    9 Improved Two Handed Fighting
    10 Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    12 Skill Focus: Use Magic Device
    12 ?
    15 Greater Two Handed Fighting
    16 Improved Evasion (Rogue)
    18 Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning
    19 Crippling Strike

Skills
    Level 1: Balance, Disable Device, Haggle, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device
    Rogue Levels: Balance, Disable Device, Haggle, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device
    Fighter Levels: Jump and Core Skills

Progression
    1-2 Rogue
    3-4 Fighter
    5-8 Rogue (Acrobat I)
    9-12 Fighter (Kensai I)
    13-19 Rogue (Acrobat II)
    20 Fighter

Enhancements
    Elven Dexterity I
    Elven Toughness II
    Elven Enchantment Resistance II
    Rogue Tumble II
    Rogue Balance II
    Rogue Dexterity III
    Rogue Skill Boost II
    Rogue Haste Boost IV
    Rogue Thief Acrobat II
    Rogue Faster Sneaking II
    Rogue Extra Action Boost I
    Fighter Kensai I
    Fighter Strength II
    Fighter Toughness III
    Fighter Attack Boost II
    Fighter Stunning Blow III
    Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Kensai Quarterstaff Mastery I
    Last edited by Sani_Medicor; 10-06-2010 at 09:52 AM.

This is my first character with stunning blow? Is it worth taking the fighter levels for the kensai and stunning blow enhancements? Any opinions about the build? Thanks!

Community Member

A few points. At level 4, you would get a fighter bonus feat. This also occurs at lvl 12 if i'm not mistaken.
    Also, whats the point of taking Rogue Faster Sneaking II, only tier I is required for Acrobat.
    I highly taking the Sneak Attack Training enhancements, as they add nice damage.
    Also, if you want to use Stunning Blow, going Dwarf or Warforged for their Tactics enhancement is needed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hooblaboo View Post
    A few points. At level 4, you would get a fighter bonus feat. This also occurs at lvl 12 if i'm not mistaken.
    Also, whats the point of taking Rogue Faster Sneaking II, only tier I is required for Acrobat.
    I highly taking the Sneak Attack Training enhancements, as they add nice damage.
    Also, if you want to use Stunning Blow, going Dwarf or Warforged for their Tactics enhancement is needed imo.
    Whoops! Thanks! I took stunning blow at level 4 when I rolled the character. I didn't even notice it wasn't in the build. I missed both level 12 feats! I'm seriously going to have to revisit this build! I've been working hard to level a couple other characters recently. Thanks again!

Community Member

I have a build similiar to this a 13rog/6fighter/1monk kensai acrobat with staves.

It does alright, however I would very much urge you to go half orc, or WF because of the enhancments.
    Elves just don't cut it. Also the DPS with a Rahl's Might is much, much lower compared to a pair of icy burst, metalline, pure good rapiers I was using before.

With half orcs, it should be an alright DPS toon, however currently staves are there for flavor only.

Also the dex bonus to sneak currently does not work correctly either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveohio View Post
    It does alright, however I would very much urge you to go half orc, or WF because of the enhancments.
    Yeah...basically just playing around with this one to get a feeling for what I want to do with a half orc build. I am going to reroll as a warforged for now though. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sani_Medicor; 10-06-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Elf brings nothing to the build. And I will assume you don't own warfoged.

That means a Half Orc for what you want to do, otherwise that stunning blow will be ineffective, you will need their enhancement lines to tactics in addition to the fighter to make stunning blow work on high end content and epic quests. look for dc 35-40 minimum. Which also means using a stunning stick.

But with your AP's being that tight means no sneak attack training, which means a lot less dps especially since your multiclassing. Forget Elven enchantment resistance, and elven dex, and sneak 2 and rogue skills 2... that outta get you back your AP's for stunning enhancements and for the first 2 tiers of S/A.

Crippling strike gives way to Opportunist feat come mod 7 so I would plan on that instead.

Be interesting to see how it works out.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    Elf brings nothing to the build. And I will assume you don't own warfoged.

That means a Half Orc for what you want to do, otherwise that stunning blow will be ineffective, you will need their enhancement lines to tactics in addition to the fighter to make stunning blow work on high end content and epic quests. look for dc 35-40 minimum. Which also means using a stunning stick.

But with your AP's being that tight means no sneak attack training, which means a lot less dps especially since your multiclassing. Forget Elven enchantment resistance, and elven dex, and sneak 2 and rogue skills 2... that outta get you back your AP's for stunning enhancements and for the first 2 tiers of S/A.

Crippling strike gives way to Opportunist feat come mod 7 so I would plan on that instead.

Be interesting to see how it works out.
    I just bought warforged (still no monk) and am basically going to do the same build and see what it plays like. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Sani_Medicor; 10-06-2010 at 03:39 PM.

I decided to grab a level of wizard early for repair wands and for extended buffs (jump, shield, exp retreat). I took cleave early and put off stunning blow until I get kensai I. The enhancements for stunning blow come at the cost of enhancements like healer's friend, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Chaotic Good Warforged
    (13 Rogue / 6 Fighter / 1 Wizard)

Stats
    Str 16 +5 Level Ups
    Dex 14
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Wis 10
    Cha 8

Progression
    1 Rogue
    2 Wizard
    3 Rogue (Evasion)
    4-5 Fighter
    6-9 Rogue (Acrobat I)
    10-13 Fighter (Kensai I)
    14-20 Rogue (Acrobat II)

Skills
    Fighter Levels - Jump
    Wizard Levels - Concentration
    Rogue Levels - Spot, Search, Disable, Open Lock, Tumble, Use Magic Device
    Extra Points - Balance, Hide, Move Silently

Feats
    1 Toughness
    2 Extend Spell
    3 Two Handed Fighting
    4 Power Attack
    5 Cleave
    6 Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning
    9 Improved Two Handed Fighting
    11 Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    12 Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning
    13 Stunning Blow
    15 Greater Two Handed Fighting
    17 Improved Evasion
    18 Skill Focus: Use Magic Device
    20 Crippling Strike

Enhancements
    Kensai I
    Acrobat II
    Kensai Quarterstaff Mastery I
    Rogue Tumble II
    Rogue Balance II
    Rogue Dexterity III
    Rogue Haste Boost IV
    Rogue Faster Sneaking I
    Fighter Strength II
    Fighter Toughness II
    Fighter Attack Boost II
    Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Fighter Strategy Stunning Blow II
    Warforged Tactics II
    Warforged Toughness IV
    Warforged Constitution II
    Last edited by Sani_Medicor; 10-06-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Community Member

IMO the 7th level of Fighter is better then getting anything else due to the enhancement Fighter Strategy(Stunning Blow)III.

Quote Originally Posted by Sani_Medicor View Post
    I decided to grab a level of wizard early for repair wands and for extended buffs (jump, shield, exp retreat). I took cleave early and put off stunning blow until I get kensai I. The enhancements for stunning blow come at the cost of enhancements like healer's friend, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Chaotic Good Warforged
    (13 Rogue / 6 Fighter / 1 Wizard)

Stats
    Str 16 +5 Level Ups
    Dex 14
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Wis 10
    Cha 8

Progression
    1 Rogue
    2 Wizard
    3 Rogue (Evasion)
    4-5 Fighter
    6-9 Rogue (Acrobat I)
    10-13 Fighter (Kensai I)
    14-20 Rogue (Acrobat II)
    So how has this been working out so far ? Are you getting the results you were hoping to see ? Have you seen any reasons to make some changes/Adjustments ?

There was something I noticed a coupled days ago, just I can not remember if it was a feat or an enhancement, but it was for the Quarter Staff, and it was either barbarian or Monk could get it.

I was going to do something similar as you have going here, but now thinking of dropping the Rogue idea and going Fig/Wiz/Barb, and 4 levels into Wiz.
    4 lvls of wiz gives me 4 L1 spells and 3 L2. Only thing I would not be able to do is disable traps, but Doors and locks would not be a problem.
    But every time I play with the build on the Character Planner, I find I still want at least Rog2, and it kills the idea of having a decent Spot skill
    So I may just go back to trying out what you have here, but I don't have WF.
    I still like the idea of having a Wiz L3 though, At least I can get Bulls Strength and Fox Cunning spells, not much help except more inventory space not needing wands , So really just L1 wiz would suffice

Oh LOL, forgot the real reason for the reply,

Could you give me your reasons for the allotted attribute numbers your using ?
    was there a reason for 14 Dex ? and could you have went with just 13 dex
    Why 16 str and not 17 ?
    Stuff like that
    Last edited by XaatXuun; 10-09-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: forgot to ask my original question

Quote Originally Posted by XaatXuun View Post
    So how has this been working out so far ? Are you getting the results you were hoping to see ? Have you seen any reasons to make some changes/Adjustments ?

There was something I noticed a coupled days ago, just I can not remember if it was a feat or an enhancement, but it was for the Quarter Staff, and it was either barbarian or Monk could get it.

I was going to do something similar as you have going here, but now thinking of dropping the Rogue idea and going Fig/Wiz/Barb, and 4 levels into Wiz.
    4 lvls of wiz gives me 4 L1 spells and 3 L2. Only thing I would not be able to do is disable traps, but Doors and locks would not be a problem.
    But every time I play with the build on the Character Planner, I find I still want at least Rog2, and it kills the idea of having a decent Spot skill
    So I may just go back to trying out what you have here, but I don't have WF.
    I still like the idea of having a Wiz L3 though, At least I can get Bulls Strength and Fox Cunning spells, not much help except more inventory space not needing wands , So really just L1 wiz would suffice

Oh LOL, forgot the real reason for the reply,

Could you give me your reasons for the allotted attribute numbers your using ?
    was there a reason for 14 Dex ? and could you have went with just 13 dex
    Why 16 str and not 17 ?
    Stuff like that
    I decided to go with a 13rog/7wiz build with firewalls for fun.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=278659

The 14 dex is for a better reflex save for evasion and for the added sneak attack damage from acrobat. I actually ended up dumping cha for more con in my actual build...16 str/con and 14 dex/int. I didn't want to go any lower on wisdom for will saves.

hmmm, sounds interesting
    But I do not own WF, so would need to see what I could come up with in a Human version.

I really need to find a way to earn TP faster **, and settle down with just one character to play. ut it's so much fun'er to build new characters
    I think with the L2 Rog I was going to play with splashing Wiz into, I'm just going to play him till 100 favor then reroll.

I have often thought of going 14 dex for the saves, but always kept it at 13 and tried to keep Str at 17, but I tested a new build with a 16 str and there was not really any notable difference, there was some, I would just have to see what it's like after lvl 4.
    But going with the 7 Wiz and getting Fire wall , , , yummy , sounds fun

** to earn TP faster, other then in game favor farming but actually spending $

I have a drow acrobat kensai (currently 12/6 rogue fighter, will be 13/6/1 rogue/fighter/monk) and its pretty fun, although I will say that drow wasn't the greatest of choices. I may TR into half orc, or something else at some point.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind