Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by thesiuscadol View Post
    Your side steping and two steping is very impressive. You and I as well as several members of the raid heard the statement TANKS only, you chose to igore it.
    Just for the clarity's sake. Who made this statement?
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

Well been reading the whole time and I did not even get involved with this thread for the first few days it was going. Then the only reason I did get involved is I started being told about it from several people. Therefore, I could have

1. Quit playing and run away because the man was mean to me.
    2. Ignored it and let the record stand the way it was portrayed.
    3. Argue my points and show why I did what I did. (agreed passing loot is bad)[rolling on loot when rules are stated also bad] W+W!=R W+W=W+W
    Or you could have apologized for doing something that is pretty close to universally hated on every server. Even if you had reasons that you believed were valid, you could have said something like,
    "I was upset at the wizard for doing something that I thought was wrong and I did something wrong in respoinse. The fact that I had reasons for doing what I did doesn't justify what I did and I apologize. I hope that everyone can all move past this now, secure in the knowledge that I have learned from my mistake and that I will not repeat this in the future."

Not every confrontation needs to be boiled down to fight-or-flight.

The whole argument boils down to he said she said argument. I acted on what I thought to be the right course of action about the whole loot roll. He posted biased on what he thought about the whole loot roll. I would prefer not to have ever had this whole blog thing going. I did not start this thread. I certainly will not just walk away from it. As I believe you would not either if you thought you were wrongly implicated.
    Actually, I happen to think that what you did was entirely wrong based on what you said yourself. The fact that you continue to justify your actions rather than just apologizing for them indicates to me that you feel no remorse and that you are likely to engage in this kind of shenanigans again.

You may think that what the wizard did was wrong. That does not in any way justify what you did. There is no justification for what you did. There can be atonement, however.

Community Member

Interesting how you can fain your concern about what a social contract is and is not and still not address the point that you heard and ignored the TANKS only.

You pick and name call you did admit to hearing it. However you still claim no culpability in this whole situation. Interesting how you can use a dictionary and a thesaurus and even know what haiku is. But the meaning of the whole social contract escapes you. I am tartd for listening to the rules set out by the person who the shield doped for, your a god because your loot got passed the tank with the highest roll. You said is cost nothing to roll except for the fact that it was stated that the rolls were for tanks only.

Oh the whole personaly attacking of people implying the whole ******** thing is real cool as well. Try words like imature, childish.... There are a few better ones in the thesaurus, here are a few direct ones you might have choosen backward, birdbrained, defective, dim, dim-witted, dopey, dull, dumbbell, dumbo, dumdum, dummy, exceptional, feeble-minded, gorked, half-witted, held back, imbecile, lamebrained, mentally defective, moronic and numbskull. Please if your going to directly insult me at least be a little creative. The issue you have yet to address is the tanks only roll. You choose to ignore that.... Please keep skateing
    I am glad that you are looking for opportunities to be insulted, even though I never did call you ********. I actually said that my own statements were ********. Yes, those same statements were gross simplifications of similar statements you have made in this thread, which is still different from insulting you directly. Please quote me next time you want to be offended by something so you have a proper citation to support your claim.

The one thine that you keep missing in the stating and restating and re-re-re stating is there were restrictions placed on the rolls and you choose to ignore them and you your self still claim he would have noticed you were not a tank, and your complaint would have been thern these rules were not placed in the orginal raid posting, or that it is tuesday.

Your side steping and two steping is very impressive. You and I as well as several members of the raid heard the statement TANKS only, you chose to igore it.

Maybe you will see it that way or do you need it in a seperate message block?

I could do the whole color thing or even try several languages if you like.

Would you perfer Farsi or French.

Oh on the whole name issue I did use a name very close if not the same as my char in the game. To be sure if i did not believe what I did for that tank in that instance was the right thing to do I would not have said a thing. BTW in all your pride and public debasing I have yet to see your name once? Humm this poor disobliged person who people know so well and his unimpeachable character.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pride
    a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

Please support claim with me referencing myself in such a manner. I have attempted to be civil and to the point thus far.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/debasing

-to reduce in quality or value; adulterate: They debased the value of the dollar.
    -to lower in rank, dignity, or significance: He wouldn't debase himself by doing manual labor.

My interpretation of your statement is that you are saying that I have attacked your character or reputation. While it may be a side effect, thus far all my comments have been about your actions with regards to one specific event.
    with regards to the following quote by Krag:
    Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Just for the clarity's sake. Who made this statement?
    Who was the person that said the shield was for "tanks only" with inference towards rolling restrictions?
    -A few random people who were in the raid mentioned it after one initially made the suggestion that it was a Tank item.
    -None of these people was the person who pulled the shield and put it up for roll.
    -The "only for tanks" discussion also happened AFTER the shield was announced as being "for roll" by person who pulled it.
    -The ranger that pulled the shield stated "It's up for roll."

--------------

A few people said "hey look its a fancy shield, it must be for tanks only." The problem herein would be the following, which has been separated for emphasis:

The people who said
    The shield is for tanks only
    Did not pull the shield

-------------
    And if you are bored, you could read this neat thread that would have told you that very same piece of information within the first few pages: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=276755

I apologize, my manners have left me as of recently. Let me find the quotes for you.

-1st page, 1st post:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIvanovFamily View Post
    ...shield shows up and is put up for roll...
    -7th page, 9th post:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIvanovFamily View Post
    ...ranger that put the shield up for roll made 0 stipulations, he merely stated it was "up for roll."
    Vasska - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith

Community Member balforofthenis's Avatar

Rolling because someone viloates the first dibs rule. The group agreed tank item. He saw a low roll so he rolled against. I though unfair so I rolled at that point. Not because buddies.
    At the end of the day, the ranger who the shield dropped for could most likely see clearly who was a 'tank' and who wasnt. Therefore if he had stated the rules that only tanks could roll. Of which I wasn't in the raid so can't 100% confirm and before you send another similar reply saying he did, its of no relevance in the grand scheme of things as he would most likely, unless he was a total fool see that the OP wasnt a 'tank' and conform to the rules he had set out before he allowed people to roll. If no specific rules were set by the puller before rolls then everyone has a right to roll on said item who is going to use it.

You decided to take matters into your own hands by rolling, even though thinking it was the right thing to do in the end (although you have said that you know this to be wrong in the general sense). This is pretty much a close thread imo as nothing more really needs to be said or argued. The fact that I'm in the same guild of the OP before you mention it is of no importance as this comment would be exactly the same regardless.

Bottom line is it was the pullers rules to set out and pass accordingly, if he had set no rules then everyone who would use the shield would have a right to roll on it whether some in the group disapproved or not. Or as stated earlier in my post if he had set rules before the roll he would conform to them accordingly.
    Last edited by balforofthenis; 10-04-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Nazul ~ Nazath ~ Warchanter ~ Lorrad
    Nazty ~ Tiberiaz ~ Nazsinger ~ Naztee
    ~ Cannith Server ~

Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678