Default A question about Improved Damage Reduction

Does Improved Damage Reduction I & II make a difference at high levels? I mean it is only 2 points of damage reduction right? Or am I missing something?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    Does Improved Damage Reduction I & II make a difference at high levels? I mean it is only 2 points of damage reduction right? Or am I missing something?

Thank you
    Glancing blows mostly.

I don't think it's worth taking, but you can check some barb builds to see if it is there or not, and decide for yourself

I have them and love it. It's like having stoneskin on all the time.

In my experience one or two doesnt hurt (glancing blows). IF you gonna bother with 4-5 (though a combo of feats/enhancements), you better be able to get it to a passive stoneskin or your just waisting your time. In most situations you will need DR the caster will most likey have no issue spammin g you with stoneskin as your keeping agro off them, usually.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

Hero

The difference between DR 7/- and DR 9/- at level cap is negligible. I spent the APs elsewhere.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

its a game of tiny increments. if you want something big you have to buy it in half a dozen small pieces.

its only 1-2 points, but where else can ya get 1-2 points?

personaly id spend it elsewhere, i rarely find myself thinking 2 points would have made a difference.

but when you think of it as two points every time you get hit, and add it up that way then its a lot different. if you got hit 200 times it would save you the damage of a heal.

more likely than not you get healed for more hp than you have so often that there is already a surplus of hp more than a defficit

I played AC2, so I log in everyday expecting to see a message that the servers will be ending in 4 months. As such, every day they don't is a good day!! Play like the world will end, because it will.

Community Member

Probably turbine devs shud also add +3 PRR to improved damage reduction, aka, picking up 2-3 would not only mean dr 2/adam or dr 3/adam, but a little 5-7% reduction generally from any physical source.