Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bard Build links up! If I forgot anything or anyone, please let me know!
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Bard Build links up! If I forgot anything or anyone, please let me know!
    I've got a 18/2 28pt Human THF Warchanter with traps whose name is Twiddler. This is his build thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=255480
    It contains also (links to) other evasive Warchanters, not necessarily with traps.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

The next section I'll be working on is the "how to play" section. If anyone has any great threads please post the links or quotes here and I'll incorporate them into the guide.

Community Member

I want to thank Irinis for making this great thread. It helped me a lot for buiding properly my Warchanter.

Keep up the good work.

Community Member

Talking Thanks!!!

Sooooo grateful that you made this thread now I can make my dream Bard ^^ If you need any help in gathering screen shots I'd be glad to help as long as it's in the realm of f2p

Arakys, Agnoli, glad you found it useful. I've learned a LOT from the great Bard builders and players here in the last year and this is the result of their awesomeness.

A N N O U N C E M E N T:
    Soundfiles for songs on Lammania need our input. Please take your Bard to Lammania and experience it for yourself if you can, then post in that thread. Or, just post in that thread.

A N N O U N C E M E N T:
    The way skills are named CHANGED in Update 7. It's no longer "Bard Skill I" but "Improved Skill I" and etc. You will need to reset your enhancements.
    A few people seem to have missed that, getting a lot of questions about Improved Concentration being "suddenly" needed for Spellsinger II. It was always needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Beefcake
    28/32pt Dwarf Warchanter
    Bard12/Fighter6/Rogue2
    Woah...my build made the list! I was surprised to run into someone playing it in game the other day.

Thumbs up Thank you!

+1

Been thinking about rolling a Bard for quite some time now, and your post has helped me in making up my mind to go through with it.

Thanks for all the info, I'll be rolling my new Bard tonight!
    Leader of Nomadic (Khyber)
    Hendrixx/Vorixx/Jinnxx/Gruxx/Noxxious/Baxxter
    ~Don't believe everything you think!~
    devilfunk on Twitter

Community Member

Hey was looking in this guide and is good.
    I found tread on build I am using now http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=265438
    posted by unbongwah. It not so new bee friendly but as get used to it it works like a charm.
    you have too tweak little on build but not much.
    Last edited by haclya; 11-28-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Very good work Irinis. +1

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Yeah, awesome stuff
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Yep, threw it in my signature. Saves answering a lot of questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member AltheaSteelrain's Avatar

bump

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJ View Post
    I've never spent more than 5 minutes in a character generator. But I've spent countless hours talking about myself, and how great I am.

The Most Gimpiest Bard Build Ever!
    Before you start a bard, please read:
    Diva's Bard Love Guide / Genghis Khan by LeslieWestGuitarGod / Rabidly Halfling by Madmatt70

Updated build links.

Thanks for the posts and PM's for how to make this better. Couldn't do it without you guys.
    Last edited by Irinis; 12-22-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Default Best Guide .... Ever!

Thanks soooooo much for posting this!!! And for all the help on the side lines too Is it ok to ask general questions here too??
    ~Seanachie - The Irish Bard - Human Bard (CC/Heal)
    ~Syllvian - Drow Rogue 2 (Utility)

Community Member AltheaSteelrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyllim View Post
    Thanks soooooo much for posting this!!! And for all the help on the side lines too Is it ok to ask general questions here too??
    sure?

@topic

Hwy Irinis, I think guards break fascinates too...

My bracers of the glaciers kept proccing when i fascinate mobs and sometimes a few or a handful suddenly goes awake even before someone starts swinging/casting at them.
    Last edited by AltheaSteelrain; 12-30-2010 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoJ View Post
    I've never spent more than 5 minutes in a character generator. But I've spent countless hours talking about myself, and how great I am.

The Most Gimpiest Bard Build Ever!
    Before you start a bard, please read:
    Diva's Bard Love Guide / Genghis Khan by LeslieWestGuitarGod / Rabidly Halfling by Madmatt70

I think this thread deserves an announcement. Be aware of what the other Bard in the party is capable of, and try not to overlap too much. It's just a smoother and happier run, although interrogating the other Bard(s) in the party on their abilities might get tiring for the non-Bards to hear.

A N N O U N C E M E N T:
    How to play nice with other Bards now that you're more likely to not be the only Bard in the party
    @Wyllim: Of course it's cool to ask questions in the thread. That way I can incorporate the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheaSteelrain View Post
    Hwy Irinis, I think guards break fascinates too...

My bracers of the glaciers kept proccing when i fascinate mobs and sometimes a few or a handful suddenly goes awake even before someone starts swinging/casting at them.
    Yeah if they're hitting at you and get hit by a guard proc it counts as a hit to break fascinate. You can also get stuck at a base in VON6 epic if your guard procs on the Djinni. I should probably add that bit into the fascinate section.
    Last edited by Irinis; 01-05-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Bards ARE subject to Arcane Spell Failure! (Despite the tip screen ingame saying none at all.) But is it a bug that Spellsingers get ASF or is it a bug that Warchanters don't?

Can we get a Virtuoso to check in Light Armor please?

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Spellsinger II wearing light armour: Reconstruct - ASF check. Fire Shield - ASF check. Teleport (last highlighted roll) - no ASF check even though Wiz/Sor spell.
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WJCBgDbxurk/TT...erII-light.jpg

Warchanter II wearing medium armour: Reconstruct - no ASF check. Fire Shield - no ASF check.
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_WJCBgDbxurk/TT...rII-medium.jpg

My virt gets ASF - when using his shield. If he puts the shield away his ASF disappears even in his light armour.

Before anyone says anything about the shield use, my virt was my first toon. He's gimped, I know he is, and I hardly play him atm. But I also wondered about the ASF, so I mucked about till I figured it out.

Unless this is a new bug you're talking about, I can't see that it can be anything else.

Edit: forget it, its a specific issues you're wanting testing, I should've followed your link to the original post first. Ignore me.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 01-19-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast