Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82
  1. #61
    DDO Catalog MrCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    7,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off
    Haste provides more benefit to ranged than what it does to melee or is that a typo?


    It is not a typo. It is effectively a workaround so that Haste (in this specific case) works as-if it were a 15% bonus to ranged attacks.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

  2. #62
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    *melee bab stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    *ranged bab stuff*
    This is great info, thanks for this. May rethink not using madstone boots on my thrower.
    This may be a bit early, but I was wondering if you had any info on druid animal form attack speed and how it scales with bab?

  3. #63
    DDO Catalog MrCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    7,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder
    This may be a bit early, but I was wondering if you had any info on druid animal form attack speed and how it scales with bab?
    It follows the standard melee style, as-if Sword and Board.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

  4. #64
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post


    It is not a typo. It is effectively a workaround so that Haste (in this specific case) works as-if it were a 15% bonus to ranged attacks.
    I get it now

    Thanks for your help, I'll keep the prodder handy incase I need any more help stumbling through the somewhat uncharted territory that is ranged DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  5. #65
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Just noticed a 0.85 difference for Unarmed attack speed at BAB 20 between your and vanshilar's figures. Margin of error?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  6. #66
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    It follows the standard melee style, as-if Sword and Board.
    Thanks, good to know. Considering how the wolf animation is supposedly 30% faster then the normal animation, I was kinda expecting it to be different somehow, this makes things easier.

    That means that in the case of wolf form druids: (80 * 1.3 = 104)
    Wolf melee BAB 0: 104 * (1.014 ^ 0) = 104.00
    Wolf melee BAB 1: 104 * (1.014 ^ 1) = 105.45
    Wolf melee BAB 3: 104 * (1.014 ^ 2) = 106.93
    Wolf melee BAB 5: 104 * (1.014 ^ 3) = 108.92
    Wolf melee BAB 10: 104 * (1.014 ^ 4) = 109.94
    Wolf melee BAB 15: 104 * (1.014 ^ 5) = 111.48
    Wolf melee BAB 20: 104 * (1.014 ^ 6) = 113.04
    Wolf melee BAB 25: 104 * (1.014 ^ 7) = 114.63

    Correct?

    Side note: If haste is giving 22% to ranged attack speed, does that mean that thrown technically gets more then 15%? (22 * 0.83 = 18.26)? Not bad
    Last edited by threefeetunder; 07-16-2012 at 09:39 PM.

  7. #67
    DDO Catalog MrCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    7,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder
    Correct?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder
    Side note: If haste is giving 22% to ranged attack speed, does that mean that thrown technically gets more then 15%? (22 * 0.83 = 18.26)? Not bad
    The display for 22% ranged attack speed appears to be specifically for bows, maybe crossbows. There is a non-displayed version (or some clever math behind the scenes) that force thrown weaponry to have an actual rate of 15% under the effects of Haste.

    I was curious on that one as well, but they adjusted the math correctly for this specific case.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

  8. #68
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Yes.



    The display for 22% ranged attack speed appears to be specifically for bows, maybe crossbows. There is a non-displayed version (or some clever math behind the scenes) that force thrown weaponry to have an actual rate of 15% under the effects of Haste.

    I was curious on that one as well, but they adjusted the math correctly for this specific case.
    Darn. ah well, at least it's not less then 15%. Thanks again for the info.

  9. #69
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    You can currently achieve BAB 25 by being level 25 and using an ability or spell that increases your BAB to equal your level (Divine Power, Madstone Rage, Tenser's Transformation, Bladesworn Transformation, Past Life: Student of the Sword active effect).
    Well with madstone as broken as it is.. The only (melee class) choices are all short 1min effects.

    Meh more too short effects needed to maintain full dps/full tanking ability. bah. They should of gave every melee destiny this passively as an innate.

  10. #70
    The Hatchery Habreno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Well with madstone as broken as it is.. The only (melee class) choices are all short 1min effects.

    Meh more too short effects needed to maintain full dps/full tanking ability. bah. They should of gave every melee destiny this passively as an innate.
    Well, let me put it this way. About dang time those classes get buffed when it comes to Melee.

    Those who get it:

    Clerics, Favored Souls- who already had decent melee via Divine Power before still get decent melee with it, making up for less damage with more attacks.

    Wizards, Sorcerers- who don't get good melee at all and have a very very very very very HORRIBLE spell to get a full BAB. So they, effectively, don't really get anything from this.

    Pure Artificers with Divine Power Clickies- As they get their character level as their caster level (CL 20 IIRC) they get a 2 minute 24 second buff. They probably have it okay, since their "melee" is usually ranged via repeaters. So they're not really buffed that much by this.



    Sorry Shade, hate to say it, roll a Divine. They are the new power class. Decent AC capabilities for decent miss chance, melee, self heals, and offensive casting, all in one. Try one today!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

  11. #71
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Well with madstone as broken as it is.. The only (melee class) choices are all short 1min effects.

    Meh more too short effects needed to maintain full dps/full tanking ability. bah. They should of gave every melee destiny this passively as an innate.
    Isn't it only barbs that can't use madstone? I'm been using it on my routes just fine, just have to be on the ball as far as making sure I swap out madstone boots 2 minutes before a trap. Can still self heal fine, everyone else? Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  12. #72
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Isn't it only barbs that can't use madstone? I'm been using it on my routes just fine, just have to be on the ball as far as making sure I swap out madstone boots 2 minutes before a trap. Can still self heal fine, everyone else? Meh.
    No.
    Stalwarts and Siberys: Can't step into stance, and stance makes em completely immune to it as well. Beng BAB = PRR, it kinda sucks, lose defense and attack.
    Monks: Prevents swapping stances, and some destiny abilitiles
    Rogues: Prevents various destiny abilities.

    I haven't tried the routes class, so that one may be fine i guess.

  13. #73
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Just noticed that Connors Set gives a stacking +5% attack speed according to the character sheet, not sure if this is new but it backs up my testing and contradicts others who have claimed that it doesn't stack.

    Now just have to get Gilvaenors Set (which it won't stack with but Gilvaenors set is better).

    Mind you, testing only indicates ~2-3% in keeping with other ranged effects.
    Last edited by wax_on_wax_off; 09-12-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  14. #74
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    It follows the standard melee style, as-if Sword and Board.
    How about if you are a monk splash druid in animal form? Do you use the 1HF or Unarmed timing?
    Varz
    Wanderlust

  15. #75
    DDO Catalog MrCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Merrimack, NH
    Posts
    7,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emptysands
    How about if you are a monk splash druid in animal form? Do you use the 1HF or Unarmed timing?
    Still the sword and board attack speed.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

  16. #76
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    346

    Default

    i have a druid monk fighter toon whom i can collect some data if you want

  17. #77
    Community Member Sindarin8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default Attack Animation vs Number of Attacks

    Animations may not coincide with attacks. Just go to the portal in the Vale and set up auto attack to count the number of attacks per minute after 5 or 10 minutes of beating on the portal with a weak weapon, no Str Buffs, etc.

  18. #78
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sindarin8 View Post
    Animations may not coincide with attacks. Just go to the portal in the Vale and set up auto attack to count the number of attacks per minute after 5 or 10 minutes of beating on the portal with a weak weapon, no Str Buffs, etc.
    Were you able to get any animation vs attack counts? It may just be lags. Or it may even be a desync caused by momentary server cool downs similar to spell/special ability cool downs as explained by scoobmx.

  19. #79
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Necro!
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

  20. #80
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Still the sword and board attack speed.
    So Wolf form is not getting the advertized 30% attack speed boost? Or druids outside of wolf form are 30% slower than other classes at Sword and Board?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload