Default 18cleric/1fighter/1wiz>18cleric/2fighter???

My plans for a battlecleric 18cleric/2fighter WERE set in stone until out of nowhere I remembered that wiz's get a free metamagic feat at lvl 1 and 80 base sp bonus. Right now i'm sitting at lvl 7 cleric w/ this build(I wanted radiant servant before multiclassing) ready to lvl to 8.

2nd lvl of fighter would give me a 1pt +1 str, base BAB at lvl 20 of 16 instead of cleric 15, and a bonus feat.

However 1 lvl of wiz would give me a bonus feat also(metamagic, but no problem, I can move things around if necessary), enough of an sp bump w/ base increase and 1pt sp enhancement that I wouldn't be losing any compared to 19th lvl of cleric(80 base increase + 20 enhancement), and of lesser importance I would gain the jump spell +30 eventually, tumble +10, and expedious retreat.

Am I missing anything, or is this a good option?

Also keep in mind my main objective is to retain as much healing as possible with a max gain of melee ability(need those 2 feats) without too much regard for offensive casting or crowd control(I already have sor, bard, bard/fighter, and please no "build a paladin" comments, I have one of those also) What I'm looking for is a sword and board Battlecleric, but I am open to other options besides the 18/1/1 I've come up w/ if anyone has any better ideas on how to achieve my goal(isn't multiclassed yet, ready to lvl).

Thanks in advance.

You only really need 2 lvl 9 spells, so lvl 17 Clr is fine. Mixing Wiz will raise a lot of eyebrows, but play what you want. If you don't like it after a while, a LR+1 is only a DDO store away...
    Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by bccorrupt817 View Post
    However 1 lvl of wiz would give me a bonus feat also(metamagic, but no problem, I can move things around if necessary), enough of an sp bump w/ base increase and 1pt sp enhancement that I wouldn't be losing any compared to 19th lvl of cleric(80 base increase + 20 enhancement), and of lesser importance I would gain the jump spell +30 eventually, tumble +10, and expedious retreat.
    Just so we're clear:
    If you've already taken any Cleric enhancements for SP, the Wizard enhancements will be locked out. They're the same thing, just like rogue tumble and monk tumble. You can only have one.

As for your Jump spell, you'll forever be a wizard 1. That means your jump spell will only ever give you +10 and never get to 30.

I'm not sure if either of those things will change your mind about it, but I thought you should know.

Default little more digging

Ah, I should've know that, i had come across it w/ class toughness feats. Also after more digging I read that the 80sp is cleric/sor/wiz and only a 1 time thing, so it would've worked on a ranger/pal/bard, but wouldn't stack for my purposes. Looks like 18cleric/2fighter it is. Thanks for the input.

Default or

You could always do 17 Cleric / 2 Fighter / 1 Wiz,
    If you really feel you need the feats.
    AS well as still having access to 2 lvl 9 spells (mass heal and w/e else)
    AS for doing damage, perhaps a 2 hander (or better TWF) save the sword (or club) and shield for when in "heal mode"
    Last edited by thegreatneil; 09-06-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

You'll also be able to use arcane wands with a wizard splash, which at your lvl means you could start wand-whipping Stoneskin. Always handy in a fight and helps make up for not having UMD.