Thread: Deflect Arrows

Community Member

Default Deflect Arrows

So does anyone know if this feat is working properly? A friend mentioned he read about it being broken a while ago...

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I think it works as it is intended to but is not useful enough take since its not intended to deflect all arrows

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Concept decent. Implementation terrible. Not worth having...unfortunately.
    “No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy”

Community Member

At low levels, arrow damage can be deadly. Once you get DR 10 from reaching 20 monk, however, you can pretty much ignore archers until last.

The best way to avoid arrows is to strafe as you charge them.

I always thought there should be some kind of graphic indicator when this feat is successful in blocking an arrow or projectile. Something along the lines of the shield blocking graphic. Who knows if it's ever working or not? I agree with the previous poster: its a great concept but the implementation is poor and so the feat is not worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho View Post
    I always thought there should be some kind of graphic indicator when this feat is successful in blocking an arrow or projectile. Something along the lines of the shield blocking graphic. Who knows if it's ever working or not? I agree with the previous poster: its a great concept but the implementation is poor and so the feat is not worth getting.
    A crunch sound as you smash the arrow would be more satisfying.
    Build a man a fire and he is warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Where is the follow up where you throw the arrow back at the archer?? That might be fun just for the animation alone.
    "I don't know, I'm makin' this up as I go."

Community Member Superspeed_Hi5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan55 View Post
    Where is the follow up where you throw the arrow back at the archer?? That might be fun just for the animation alone.
    That is actually a feat with 2 feat pre reqs. First you need snatch arrows and then have to have the appropriate weapon to shoot it back. The second level is reflect arrows allowing you to reflect them back at the target. The epic levels have reflect ray and infinite deflection of course you need to be above lvl 20 for this.

Who needs Reflect Arrow?
    Monk's are so fast you can catch the arrow, run up to shooter then dagger-punch him in the head with it.
    Joke:
    A paladin joins a pug run. Once in quest a Halfling summons an Iron defender, starts spewing grease all over the paladin’s feet/Paladin falls.

Paladin says “WHAT THE F***! THAT DOES NOT HELP!!" The Halfling reply’s "Sure it does, gives me a laugh every time.”
    (this joke is mine ) want to see more? DevilButcher's DDO Jokes http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=269505

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I think it works as it is intended to but is not useful enough take since its not intended to deflect all arrows
    I don't know... I would have liked to have seen it work ONCE myself. And my monk lived with it for 18 levels.

As most say its a horrible useless feat and I agree. You can get the feat and look at your combat logs and it blocks something like one arrow every 6 seconds. Trouble is that deflect arrows is much better in PnP than in DDO. So many other feats you can take that will do much better for you.

ya considering how useless the feat is overall, and considering monks are SUPPOSED to have it for free, i vote it just gets added to the list for monks for free feats. definetally not worth spending a feat on, but adds flavor if nothing else
    chose the red pill and woke up in the real world of argonnessen

fight nice children

So this feat gets poor reviews from a monk standpoint but could it be worthwile for an arcane archer with monk splash? My archer playstyle tends to grab a lot of archer agro. I typically strafe back and forth but when arrows are coming from all directions you can still get hit a lot. So someone said it deflects an arrow about every 6 seconds. Does anyone know the actual mechanics of this feat? timer, roll? Need to be centered?

After posing my question, I wiki'd it and got some answers so nvm unless someone has something more to add.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Deflect_Arrows

I read somewhere that it deflects one arrow for 5 seconds.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    After posing my question, I wiki'd it and got some answers so nvm unless someone has something more to add.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Deflect_Arrows
    ya why isn't anyone talking about the ranger enhancement that allows you to dodge more arrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow9 View Post
    ya considering how useless the feat is overall, and considering monks are SUPPOSED to have it for free, i vote it just gets added to the list for monks for free feats. definetally not worth spending a feat on, but adds flavor if nothing else
    so in pnp they also get stances, free feats at 2,4 and 6, finishers and so? woah, i wish i had your pnp book.