Lightbulb Lowlight and Darkvision

To my knowing.

This is yet to be added to this game which is in addition to racial spot or search skills.

Low-light vision

Low-light vision extends the distance a creature can see in conditions of low light, rather than allowing vision in no light like darkvision... . In previous editions, low-light and darkvisions were known as infravision and was used to describe the ability to detect infrared signatures...

The way I understand it..this acts as a aid to spotting sneaking or hidden (but not Invisible) foes (Taking 2/3 sneak eyes of the foe and checking again like their in Daylight not Low-Light)

Darkvision

Darkvision refers to the ability to see in the dark by allowing a creature to discern forms, as in normal daylight vision, only in shades of greys. It is similar low-light vision a trait more commonly found trait amongst some races.

The way I understand it..this acts as a aid to spotting sneaking or hidden (but not Invisible) foes (All the sneak eyes of the foe and checking again like their in total daylight, not Darkness.)

This means the following races would gain from Low-Light Vision.

Elves
    Half Elves

And the Following races would gain from Darkvision.

Dwarves
    Half Orcs
    Drow
    Last edited by Damionic; 09-03-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    I'm here because your not WISHING HARD ENOUGH!!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Except we only have 1 dark dungeon its when we raised dark vision in their we were told it was magical dark, which per the rules they can't see in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Except we only have 1 dark dungeon its when we raised dark vision in their we were told it was magical dark, which per the rules they can't see in.
    If it is a "Magical" Dark..that would be easy to get around.

1. It's all Invisible
    2. We are Magically Blinded (removing in built racial traits)
    3. Its a dreamlike place.
    4. we are Very Drunk.
    I'm here because your not WISHING HARD ENOUGH!!

There's the other trick to dispelling magical darkness, well, other than dispel magic, and that's casting magical light within the boundary of magical darkness. But since we don't have access to the Light spell (forget what it's called now-a-days, Continual Flame perhaps?)

There's no need to add either of these forms of vision to the game, imo. It would limit some person's enjoyment while boosting another's immersion. If you want to be able to see things sneaking up to you, put ranks in spot or get an item.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Coyle still hates you.

hehe, would make a Quest like 'Rainbow in the dark' a cakewalk for some races

"darn, ... I totally forgot the staff at the entrance with my dwarf, now I have to run back the whole way top open the last door"

On the other side would be interesting to instead just rendering the aura of an enemy gray with enough spot, to render an enemy light red in darkness if you have this kind of vision, but probably as unimportant as the skill points in repair.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

It's literally too hard to code. One of the developers said so in their blog. They mentioned that any surface can only have 3 (or was it 6) light sources, etc. If someone could find that blog link, it would be nice.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AyumiAmakusa View Post
    It's literally too hard to code. One of the developers said so in their blog. They mentioned that any surface can only have 3 (or was it 6) light sources, etc. If someone could find that blog link, it would be nice.
    Too lazy to search, but read that entry. This was about light spells in rainbow in the dark, so darkvision and low-light vision are not effected through that, as they are not a light source but "radiant" lighting for a single person.

Personally playing a drow, I'd really like to see some dark dungeons added to the game where the party (if it contains races without dark/lowlight vision) needs someone to hold their hands for finding the way.