Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OMG I forgot to post that I got my AWESOME RING OF AWESOME! Thanks to Captain's Crew for inviting me for that run - and I can't believe I rolled that high on something I've wanted for a while.

Ravager set now. Happy Ael.

Of course now it's boxes full of rocks for the next month and no scrolls from Chrono. Hah.

Current gear:

Trinket: HOGF
    Head: Minos
    Goggle: Tharne's
    Neck: Warchanter
    Cloak: Epic Silver Concord CHA+7 slotted with GFL
    Belt: Ravager
    Bracers: Levik's
    Gloves: Glacier/Perform15/Gauntlets of Eternity
    Boots: Greensteel Earthgrab (acid resist, 35 hp)
    Ring1: Radiant xCha+3
    Ring2: Ravager with +2 Str crafted/FF/Underwater Action/etc
    Armor: Epic Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers (with spell failure on scrolls )
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Archiving the first post as some things have changed, and I'll be laying out a more "ideal" version along with some explanations of where I departed from "ideal" and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Aelunira is a versatile Human Spellsinger capable of CC and raid healing. With strong songs and Master's Touch for THF, she can even pitch in to help with trash mob cleanup. Not your typical stuck up Diva at all!

The Diva: Human, True Neutral, 20 Bard

Revised Actual End Stats for SuperGrindy Goodness:

I got a +3 cha tome and ated it so updated stats.

STR 28 (14 +2 tome +1 Litany (+6 item +3 exceptional) +2 rage spell)
    DEX dumpstatted
    CON 28 (14 +2 tome +6 item +1 Litany +1 Human +2 exceptional +2 rage spell)
    INT 13 (12 +1 Litany, could eat a +1 tome to hit runes in subt)
    WIS 16 (8 +1 tome +6 concopp +1 Litany)
    CHA 42 (18 +5 levels +3 tome +1 human +1 Litany +2 bard +2 capstone + 7 epic item +3 exceptional

Ending skills, HP, and SP in this post

Better Stats for people NOT addicted to too much INT on their Bards:

STR 28 (14 +2 tome +1 Litany (+6 item +3 exceptional) +2 rage spell)
    DEX 16 (8 +7 epic item +1 Litany) or 18 (with +1 exceptional and +1 tome)
    CON 30 (16 +2 tome +6 item +1 Litany +1 Human +2 exceptional +2 rage spell)
    INT 9 (8 +1 Litany)
    WIS 16 (8 +1 tome +6 concopp +1 Litany)
    CHA 42 (18 +5 levels +2 tome +1 human +1 Litany +3 bard +2 capstone + 7 epic item +3 exceptional

Feats: Extend (1), Toughness (1), SF: Enchant (3), Maximize (6), Heighten (9), Quicken (12), Spell Pen (15), GSF: Enchant (18)

Skills: Aside from the usual, also has high Move Silently and enough in Jump to still jump over most mobs while dispelled. A bit in Spot to see hidden enemies with Tharne's on. I didn't have access to +2 tomes when starting her, would probably take 10 INT +2 tome on a richer life. Had a few points in Diplo for leveling.
    Note for new players: "The usual" in skills is - Perform, Concentration, Balance, UMD, Haggle, and at least one point in Tumble. For a good spell list, check out the Guide.

Warrior Set:

Trinket: Litany
    Head: GS SP 150 + Guard effect (Might NOT go ConcOpp)
    Goggle: Tharne's
    Neck: Shintao - CON+6, Concentration 15/Silverflame/Torc
    Cloak: Epic Silver Concord- CHA+7, Haggle +15, Diplo +15 (Yellow crafted with GFL)
    Belt: Ravager
    Bracers: Epic Claw
    Gloves: Epic Claw/Spectral
    Boots: Earthgrab 35 hp, 30 acid resist
    Ring1: Shintao xCha+2
    Ring2: Ravager xSTR+3/Warchanter xSTR+3/Epic Mire

Armors:
    Epic Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers: sneak attack +3, attack +4 - colorless, blue (Will craft CHA+1 and Toughness once I get Shintao ring and Claw bracers made epic)
    Don't use DT anymore but will have to make a new set due to Bards getting arcane spell failure in light armor.

Healer/Enchantress Set (Changes Only):

Belt: Amara's/Rakhir's
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Eternity/Perform15/Glacier
    Ring2: Rakhir's (I have this but don't really use it often)

Other Stuffs:
    Jump Belt
    Haste Clickie for when oom
    DP clickies
    Rem Disease

Weapons/Shields:
    Epic Antique Greataxe (metalline good DR breaker) - main weapon
    Staff of the Petitioner - for cc/healing duties (until Epic goggles)
    GS PosII Maul - Holy Good Good - for skellies (atm using a holy burst quarterstaff of greater undead bane)
    Epic Elyd Edge (silver PG, song renewal in loooong epics)
    Earthgrab Greataxe - Acid Acid Acid

Revising the Enhancements again for stats with Litany and epic items and Spellsinger II:

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.8.0
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack III
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage III
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
    Enhancement: Bard Spellsinger I
    Enhancement: Bard Spellsinger II
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Charisma I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration I
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration II
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration III
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song II
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration I
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration II
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration III
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music III
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery I
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery II
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery III

Note for new players:
    Original End Stats Attainable without Grindiness):

STR 26 (14 +2 tome +1 Human +6 item +1 exceptional (Warchanter ring) +2 rage spell)
    DEX 14 (8 +6 item)
    CON 24 (14 +2 tome +6 item +2 rage spell)
    INT 12 (12)
    WIS 14 (8 +6 concopp)
    CHA 38 (18 +5 levels +2 tome +1 human +2 bard +2 capstone + 6 item +2 exceptional (Warchanter ring)

Gear should be standard enough: Minos helm, Warchanter set, Bard's Cloak, Glacier set, one of the CON+6+GFL belts from Amrath, etc. Try to get a Dreamspitter and a metalline of pg two-hander at the minimum.

Notes on the build:

Level 14 so far, just did my first Hound (put up an lfm after getting declined from a fail run haha), she's been a blast.

EDIT: Level 17. Junts is talking with me about GEARSTUFFS! And STATS! OMG! Ok ok I'll count epic items in...

If I got any tomes beyond +2 I'd TR with them which is why that's all that's listed.

The problem with the revised gear and enhancements is that I have to drop a few things to pick up Bard Charisma 3... most noticably my beloved Music of the Makers and of the Dead. However the revision also gives better healing capability. I'm really excited for the changes in update 7 and hope that'll help make all the Bardy enhancements I love much more affordable in AP. Please!

Sigh, update 7 is teh suck for losing me my different fascinates. Devs need to roll some Spellsingers and actually PLAY the game instead of strutting their Warchanters around acting all ooober.

Hey would love a Bard prefix on the best Spellsinger build out there! Not that I'm biased or anything. Thanks!

Well, now that update9 has completely hosed my favorite character, I'm pretty much leaving the game. Now that we have "helpless" instead of autocrit, 28 STR is not enough to do meaningful damage on epic trash. Now that the spellpoint regen song is not really needed by "real" casters, our healing spells cost more, and our CC is nowhere near as good as a wizard's CC-then-nuke, Spellsingers won't be welcome in most epics because it will take longer to complete than taking a Warchanter, a "real" caster and a "real" healer.

RIP Ael.

Well, now that update9 has completely hosed my favorite character, I'm pretty much leaving the game. Now that we have "helpless" instead of autocrit, 28 STR is not enough to do meaningful damage on epic trash. Now that the spellpoint regen song is not really needed by "real" casters, our healing spells cost more, and our CC is nowhere near as good as a wizard's CC-then-nuke, Spellsingers won't be welcome in most epics because it will take longer to complete than taking a Warchanter, a "real" caster and a "real" healer.

RIP Ael.
    I stocked several True Hearts for this eventual day. Little changes are one thing, but big changes mean it's time to look at different character options.

I run too many alts, and what that means is my raid gear/whatever loot is distributed more than many players so they are all probably weaker than someone who focuses on a handful, esp. w/ epic items. What it also means is that even with big sweeping changes, I'm kinda glad that I'm somewhat protected. Of my three favorites, I'm probably flat even - with one taking a hit, one being even and a third getting a boost. Those others sitting at cap I only play on occasion are going to get some time, plus some of mine are going to get their TRs in as fast as I can. Epic not fun for the (whatever) ... TR time then.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I stocked several True Hearts for this eventual day. Little changes are one thing, but big changes mean it's time to look at different character options.
    Yeah for any other character that would work. Big changes that gut the playstyle that kept me in the game, well... I've played a melee Warchanter, and been unsatisfied, because it wasn't Ael. I've played a pure CC Spellsinger that couldn't do melee damage at all and had nothing to do when Bard healing or CC wasn't needed... and been unsatisfied. Call me silly and sentimental if you want to, but I'm going to need a few months of mourning if Ael doesn't work as she was designed come u9.

Yeah for any other character that would work. Big changes that gut the playstyle that kept me in the game, well... I've played a melee Warchanter, and been unsatisfied, because it wasn't Ael. I've played a pure CC Spellsinger that couldn't do melee damage at all and had nothing to do when Bard healing or CC wasn't needed... and been unsatisfied. Call me silly and sentimental if you want to, but I'm going to need a few months of mourning if Ael doesn't work as she was designed come u9.
    I know Pale Masters will be strong in U9, but I'm pretty certain it will play very, very differently than I do today w/ Unforged. I routinely solo the claw and eye of the titan as well as some other areas partially for scrolls/seals when I have a few minutes here and there. I realize I probably use far more spells tailored for specific jobs, and maybe they'll all continue to work. My three Dreamspitters are kinda redundant though (I had them because they break when you hit things with them too much) and likely my entire spell list will need to be revamped. I did a LR on him early on and got hit with the bug where I couldn't choose spells when I leveled, so things like Power Word Kill, etc. are simply not in my repetoire - I have what I could find on scrolls. In fact, figure out what is and isn't in my spell book is just going to be annoying. So, he may have a quick bard life here in the future before returning to Pale Master. I need to do it anyway, and honestly on life 3 with a Wizard and a Bard life behind him he'll be that much stronger.

Mack's going to get a Lesser or a few feat swaps at the least. Savant only helps him, but he doesn't have the prereqs.

The fun-as-heck FVS just got Moar Funner (tm).

The others at cap will stay; I may TR another into a bard or FVS depending on how I feel later.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

RIP Ael.
    Hello:

I have been playing your build as a TR of my wiz on my way to another wiz life and I am enjoying it.

I was wondering if your post-U9 fears have come true? Have you played your toon at all post-U9?

Splotto

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123