Default New to Stealer of Souls...need help

Is there a definitive guide to SOS and if there is could you supply the link? Have researched wiki but not very informative and cant find anything in the forums...so i need you help, plz.

Toastermage asks: Brown or white?

Quote Originally Posted by rossiza View Post
    as i stated in my original post "I researched the wiki and it was not very informative" so yes i read wiki. I also had the map from //www.alexhaddox.com/ddo/stealerofsouls.shtml[/url]

The problem is that I couldnt find anything that gave any possible tactical guides like...how to keep from having to fight first boss and 15 giants at the same time. My information was that this is a timed speed zerg.

If anyone could actually help other than repeating what ive already said it would be greatfully appreciated an i will add to your cred...ty you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sabastion01 View Post
    If anyone could actually help other than repeating what ive already said it would be greatfully appreciated an i will add to your cred...ty you in advance.

Earth: I like Level Drain followed by Flesh to Stone for CC then Firewall city in the boss Rooms.

Ice: Get the switches and send a fast evasion character to get the main switch up top then it's Firewall city again for the ice boss and friends..

Fire: Can be brutal on a poor party...have the evasion characters grab aggro. Drop the Ellies first, try not to pull too much. On the boss send an Evasion kiter in to grab trash agro and run it around while the rest drop the boss.

Lightning: Level Drain followed by Flesh to Stone... nice easy walk to the top. Have Acid resist on they like to cast acid spells.

Sorjak: Box and Burn...can still be done but not as easily as in the past. Holy Blunt/GreaterUndead Bane weapons...remember when a Mephit pops to break melee and drop the mephit. The longer you take the faster the Mephits come. You only get a Sov rune from this chest; you will still get your armor if you lose to Sorjak. If things go sideways know when to pull the plug...it's better not to blow through a ton of resources when you can run 3 Preys for a Sov till your eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Eladiun; 08-25-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Earth: I like Level Drain followed by Flesh to Stone for CC then Firewall city in the boss Rooms.

Ice: Get the switches and send a fast evasion character to get the main switch up top then it's Firewall city again for the ice boss and friends..

Fire: Can be brutal on a poor party...have the evasion characters grab aggro. Drop the Ellies first, try not to pull too much. On the boss send an Evasion kiter in to grab trash agro and run it around while the rest drop the boss.

Lightning: Level Drain followed by Flesh to Stone... nice easy walk to the top. Have Acid resist on they like to cast acid spells.

Sorjak: Box and Burn...can still be done but not as easily as in the past. Holy Blunt/GreaterUndead Bane weapons...remember when a Mephit pops to break melee and drop the mephit. The longer you take the faster the Mephits come. You only get a Sov rune from this chest; you will still get your armor if you lose to Sorjak. If things go sideways know when to pull the plug...it's better not to blow through a ton of resources when you can run 3 Preys for a Sov till your eyes bleed.
    Thank you very much Eladiun. You know, you should post a guide for this quest...much more informative than wiki. Spyders' videos were helpful but not informative, maybe he was just showing it can be done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sabastion01 View Post
    how to keep from having to fight first boss and 15 giants at the same time.
    If 15 giants is a problem, then the end of Stealer of Souls will be a much bigger problem... that boss has a number of hitpoints that'll seem insane, and he gets healed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Fire: Can be brutal on a poor party...have the evasion characters grab aggro.
    An important part of Fire's difficulty is that unlike the Earth and Air elementals elsewhere in the quest, the Fire Elementals there are immune to instakill effects.

At the first boss theres a narrow place in a corner. They are too big to fit in and will pile up in front of that place, throw some aoe and kill the boss when its save again.

As for earth in general, do you kill by the way? I have seen most parties ignoring everything but the 3 elders, to make it faster. And not all parties survived that. Once dungeon alert triggers and you are pushed around by all those giants, moving on becomes very difficult.

In Spyders video it looks like he uses instakill weapons. But i remember all giants having the sorjeks command buff, which gives them death ward. Has this been changed at some time?

Community Member

Default easy tactics no brainer

just kill all, starting with any casters first then the rest save boss or bosses for last...first stone kill all casters first in group save boss for last, same with ice, fire kill all as u go, cloud giants same tactic, also look and see where all switches are and what the do, and how to use them before going in...good way is casual runs easy quick and same end items, final fight just rentless hammer at him with whatever u have, if u c memp kill quickly and resume hammering away eventually u wear him down, u only need to run elite once for the favor if that interest u at all

3 and a half year necro? Why?
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    3 and a half year necro? Why?
    The irony to this awesome Thread Resurrection is that this quest chain is still a sumbeeotch to do, even with updated wiki information.

I like to run "Prey on the Hunter" just because it's hyper-hard to manage the giants. When you do and save the dragon, it's a great DDO Moment of Great Rejoicing, at any difficulty.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)