Community Member

Default The grimy grind level 19-20

Ok. So vip fixed on my account. Now wondering, getting ready to be lvl 19 (1 rank away) and what did you guys find the easiest to get to 20? I havent farmed deliriums, yet but just wondering if there are other nice xp quests that should be farmed at lvl 19.

19 is always hard. Finish up your slayers (vale, Amrath, and SubT), raid, and get yugo favour. Eventually (quite quickly actually) you'll be capped. You're pretty much at endgame, so don't think of it as a grind, and it won't be.

Also, the quests on the Island of Dreams are decent xp/min, considering.
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_ex View Post
    19 is always hard. Finish up your slayers (vale, Amrath, and SubT), raid, and get yugo favour. Eventually (quite quickly actually) you'll be capped. You're pretty much at endgame, so don't think of it as a grind, and it won't be.

Also, the quests on the Island of Dreams are decent xp/min, considering.
    Ah yes slayers. Silly me how could I have forgotten. There would be some nice bonuses there doing slayers in those end game explorer areas. Yugo favour is something I forgot too and a VERY nice tip from you seeing as im exactly 95 favor from my 32 point build (grinding it out is much more satisfying the buying )

Quote Originally Posted by iBrute View Post
    Ah yes slayers. Silly me how could I have forgotten. There would be some nice bonuses there doing slayers in those end game explorer areas. Yugo favour is something I forgot too and a VERY nice tip from you seeing as im exactly 95 favor from my 32 point build (grinding it out is much more satisfying the buying )

Another thing ya can do is stay at 18 till you have the XP for 20(you will get a message that you capped for max XP). This will allow you to still run with some lower level groups to eek out all the XP ya can without having to do a ton of slayers. Of course if ya already leveled to 19 this post is moot. I know 2 of my guildes did this on TR's while I did not and they got to cap alot sooner than me.
    No I don't wear a Concordant Opp item on my Barb...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Zixx of the FlatBlade(Barb)

Ok. So vip fixed on my account. Now wondering, getting ready to be lvl 19 (1 rank away) and what did you guys find the easiest to get to 20? I havent farmed deliriums, yet but just wondering if there are other nice xp quests that should be farmed at lvl 19.
    Flag for all raids, and gather mats for craftables (greensteel or boots), and you'll be at 20 in no time. I started at 16 to flag and it took me to 20. I also did a bunch of slayer.
    Want to remain guildless or solo, but still want to take advantage of the guild renown system?
    Solo / Guildless / No Pressure / The Guildless Guild on Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by soupertc View Post
    Another thing ya can do is stay at 18 till you have the XP for 20(you will get a message that you capped for max XP). This will allow you to still run with some lower level groups to eek out all the XP ya can without having to do a ton of slayers. Of course if ya already leveled to 19 this post is moot. I know 2 of my guildes did this on TR's while I did not and they got to cap alot sooner than me.
    I have not leveled to 19 yet still got one more rank on 18 just getting prepared for it and this is a GREAT idea seeing as im 2 barb and going to 18 rogue and so 19 will make 0 difference till i get my 18th level of rogue at lvl 20 anyways for assassin 3. Great ideas keep 'em coming!

I have not leveled to 19 yet still got one more rank on 18 just getting prepared for it and this is a GREAT idea seeing as im 2 barb and going to 18 rogue and so 19 will make 0 difference till i get my 18th level of rogue at lvl 20 anyways for assassin 3. Great ideas keep 'em coming!
    If you stay at 18, you get full XP for reavers refuge on Normal. For a rogue, the Monastery and Kobold should be pretty easy. Run each 4 times and that will get you well over 100K XP.

I went from 17-20 pretty fast once I started farming vale quests and the shroud for ingredients. The best way to grind is to just do the stuff you want/need to do to get your goals done. Join groups for quests you've never seen etc.

Forget about the xp bar and just play the game.

I follow the stay level 18 advice as well, especially if you Pug alot. Really opens up a lot of groups to join for exp.
    I generally wait till I'm capped on exp, go level, go kill a rare in Vale, and go level again =D
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post
    Forget about the xp bar and just play the game.
    ^^^
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

Community Member

Are we talking a normal toon? If so just run the end game (non epic stuff).
    TR1...easy to cap and still have lots undone.
    TR2 and beyond...a bit more planning but still pretty easy to hit max XP and still not have done every quest or slayer.

But it also depends on when you take levels and when you started into an area and what level.
    For a TR2 i generally wait until lvl 12 or 13 to even step into GH. Where as on a non-tr...lvl 10.

Honestly there is more XP in game then there has ever been. Getting to the point that no planning and holding off of anything will be needed.

And others said....as long as you enjoy the game dont worry about it Or if youve reached the point that it matters, try to make a game of it and enjoy it as well. Thats what really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleren View Post
    I follow the stay level 18 advice as well, especially if you Pug alot. Really opens up a lot of groups to join for exp.
    I generally wait till I'm capped on exp, go level, go kill a rare in Vale, and go level again =D
    you don't even have to do that. If you stay 18 and run till you have enough XP for 20 the game will tell you. I use to be in a mad dash to level too...as soon as I got it I would take it. But with TR and Double TR...I will stay 18 from now on. Even with the little bump that you might get from a level the time saved from not taking it and getting to cap is way more important to me.
    No I don't wear a Concordant Opp item on my Barb...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Zixx of the FlatBlade(Barb)

From 18 on I'd say it makes the most sense to just run the raid circuit...

Reaver, Shroud, TOD, VOD, Hound.... over and over and it really doesn't take too long before you ding 20, say... 4-6 runs of each and the qualifiers for TOD.

I find once I get to 18 its just cruise control to 20 and in the process of looking for end game loot I get my levels. 14-16 I find the hardest because while you can raid, the hit you take from level 20 characters shuts off most XP.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    I find once I get to 18 its just cruise control to 20 and in the process of looking for end game loot I get my levels. 14-16 I find the hardest because while you can raid, the hit you take from level 20 characters shuts off most XP.
    I agree with this... I don't even worry about experience from 17-20... I'm just doing the quests and raids I need for loot, and the experience just comes along...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post

I agree 100% 14-16 is WAY harder than 18-20. At level 14 I really consider whether or not I still want to play the toon, because it's just so annoying to level up.