Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21
    Community Member LordMond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
    Well all I found was a lot of TOOLS, in WOW
    I'm thinking we're on the same page here......

    Now whether or not that's a good thing....and for whom....I'm not certain.

  2. #22
    Time Killer WestportStan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    K.C. M.O.
    Posts
    273

    Default

    I ran with a cleric/ rouge in Monastery the other day. When our healer bent down to disable those traps and succeed, it blew my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    Stay classy DDO
    "It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die" - Hunter S. Thompson

  3. #23
    Community Member Bloodstealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestportStan View Post
    I ran with a cleric/ rouge in Monastery the other day. When our healer bent down to disable those traps and succeed, it blew my mind.
    Eeew well that will teach you to stare where you should'nt be staring - them clerics dont change their underwear to often I hear

    Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

  4. #24
    Community Member unscythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestportStan View Post
    I ran with a cleric/ rouge in Monastery the other day. When our healer bent down to disable those traps and succeed, it blew my mind.
    I made an abomination cleric/rogue, couldnt kill a thing, had less sp due to splash, but I was able to disarm level 7 traps at level 3.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    706

    Default

    I just wanted to point out that this isn't just an Orien issue.

    I run a Rogue/Monk (double evasion... what you mean that don't work?) that looks monk at the moment due to the 3/4 split (building a drow ninja spy/assassin). I'll join a party and the leader will be looking for a rogue still. Like he didn't see the 3 levels of Rogue when I requested to join... I'm still a little trap shy on elite content since I don't have the +7 gear yet (AH has been unkind) and don't want to get a reputation for blowing boxes.

    Dogan
    Come on baby... don't fear the pit.

  6. #26
    Community Member crazy7381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    330

    Default going pure isn't so bad for new ppl

    Im fairly new (3 months in) I like my toons pure so far im planning on pure every class then maybe later splashing in multiclass so i can experience true potential for what the class is worth. (pure rogue). I see the cross classes and sure i have zeal but it doesnt deter me from achieve my goal right now of a bad a.. level 20 rogue. just my 2 cents and grammar errors. might sound like im rambling sorry at work and exhausted.

    Quazicotl
    Revelation Fighters

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Smile

    I know the feeling. My 7/7 rogue/bard gets no respect and her trap skills are pushing 40. And I have some +7 tools.

  8. #28
    Community Member Bloodstealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy7381 View Post
    Im fairly new (3 months in) I like my toons pure so far im planning on pure every class then maybe later splashing in multiclass so i can experience true potential for what the class is worth. (pure rogue). I see the cross classes and sure i have zeal but it doesnt deter me from achieve my goal right now of a bad a.. level 20 rogue. just my 2 cents and grammar errors. might sound like im rambling sorry at work and exhausted.

    Quazicotl
    Revelation Fighters
    I see no issues with you trying out your builds pure,especially as you say your relatively new to the game. I think this will only help you going forward.
    When you have found and utilised the different prestige lines in the classes then maybe later you may choose to try a multi-class toon to maybe mix a few of those prestiges a bit - its basically what everyone else has done since day 1 in the game.
    However some players like to stick with what they know, others like to push the boundaries that little bit - both can work or not work - a players own playstlye often dictates the latter, not just the build.

    The main thing many players forget is that you pay for your own enjoyment, you are able to build toons how you see fit and yes some may work some may not but experimenting is just a good way to learn in this game.

    Personally I dont discount any build in my grps, yes I may have an opinion on the build but as its not mine then it means nothing, but if someone asks for a little advice on thier builds I would be happy to help where I can.
    Now if I take a rather strange toon into grp say a cleric/ rogue/scorchy (just a guess ) and it proves very inferior for the tasks it was recruited for then maybe I will consider whether its right next time for my grp, but I give everyone a stab at it... loosing a bit of bonus isn't that critical to me as I play this for fun and go to work for the serious stuff in life.

    Good luck with your game tho
    Last edited by Bloodstealer; 08-29-2010 at 07:30 AM.

    Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

  9. #29
    Community Member Bloodstealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by little_bear View Post
    I know the feeling. My 7/7 rogue/bard gets no respect and her trap skills are pushing 40. And I have some +7 tools.
    Dang I want some of them +7 tools

    Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I have a bit of experience playing rogues and much of it is about the gear/equipment you have, tools, items, raid loot, crafted items and even starting with 10 int you can still do Cabal and other traps on Elite just as you can with 1 rogue level. For new players without those items its some what harder but not impossible. Also knowing where the traps and boxes are and what they do can also help you plan your actions, however thats not so say you cant play a 28pt elf rogue with limited experience and equipment and still be a valuable member of a party (there are plenty of people that do the shroud raids and running round at level 20 with starter equipment).

    Imo its always a good idea to stay pure if its your first rogue but please dont underestimate the need for health and constitution especialy for an assasain. once you get the hang of it you could then try something more specialised. For myself I do use rogue spashes on my characters but I still make sure they can make full use of the majority of a rogues skills. I had a barbarian with 2 rogue levels once that still had its search and disable in the mid 50's but I would say the wiz/rogue, ranger/rogue have far more synergy. Its helpfull to listen to 'good' advice but its not always a good thing to copy someones build as your playstyle may be very different to theirs.

    The bottom line is rogues can be extremly versatile and alot of fun.
    Last edited by GRUMBLEDUKE; 08-30-2010 at 06:06 AM.

  11. #31
    Community Member Bloodstealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMBLEDUKE View Post
    I have a bit of experience playing rogues and much of it is about the gear/equipment you have, tools, items, raid loot, crafted items and even starting with 10 int you can still do Cabal and other traps on Elite just as you can with 1 rogue level. For new players without those items its some what harder but not impossible. Also knowing where the traps and boxes are and what they do can also help you plan your actions, however thats not so say you cant play a 28pt elf rogue with limited experience and equipment and still be a valuable member of a party (there are plenty of people that do the shroud raids and running round at level 20 with starter equipment).

    Imo its always a good idea to stay pure if its your first rogue but please dont underestimate the need for health and constitution especialy for an assasain. once you get the hang of it you could then try something more specialised. For myself I do use rogue spashes on my characters but I still make sure they can make full use of the majority of a rogues skills. I had a barbarian with 2 rogue levels once that still had its search and disable in the mid 50's but I would say the wiz/rogue, ranger/rogue have far more synergy. Its helpfull to listen to 'good' advice but its not always a good thing to copy someones build as your playstyle may be very different to theirs.

    The bottom line is rogues can be extremly versatile and alot of fun.
    Agree - but I wanna see that 10 Int rogue do cabal on elite and Epic Von stuff - i smell danger tho, so be careful

    Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I did cabal on m 10 int WF accrobat but hes been TRed twice since but had to wait untill I could equip my ventilated bracers, +15 search item and DT docent to be able to do it. If I had made him and elf or drow it would have been much easier

    But starting with 10 int as a Rogue is not something I would recomend, 14-16 is much safer

    are there servers up yet?
    Last edited by GRUMBLEDUKE; 08-30-2010 at 09:44 AM.

  13. #33
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Noobs get fluffier each year
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  14. #34
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    And, if you built a rogue to be better then what other value would it bring to the group? It is important to remember that there is only one trap in the game that requires such a high level of skill to either find or disarm. Considering it is on a chest that contains only standard loot it really isn't worthwhile to build a rogue for that purpose.
    I have a guild mate who is just enthralled with his maxed out mechanic. His DD/Search/Spot/Open Lock all hover around 80 or more. Some how he made it to lvl 25 (God knows how??). He has around 300 HP's...8 Str (Not even an Item to boost str) Says he doesn't need str. He rarely fights and tries to find a safe place to stay out of the way of a fight.

    But hey...at least he can get us the ingenious debilitation bonus.

  15. #35
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    GRRR...necro!!!!!

  16. #36
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    aaaaaaand.... 3 year old thread necro... GO!

    anyway... seriously. i run lots of rogues and rogue splashes, and pride myself on still being able to perform all the roguish duties, even if not a full rogue... from my wiz-rogue who never blew a trap, to my rogue-splashed ranger, to my 3rd life rogue (first life mechanic, second life assassin, third life acrobat) who just did the elite cabal trap a couple days ago (with a deep monk splash killing my skill points, no less!), to my "bard" with a 2 rogue splash that the only thing i can think of she can't do is the 80something (or is it 90something?) DC locked chest in one of the demonweb quests. yes. she can even disable on EE.

    people should be willing and able to accept, especially now 3 years later, that 1-2 levels of rogue or arti should be sufficient for standard trapping duties.

    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

  17. #37
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaatz

    where u beeeeeeen???????
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  18. #38
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaatz

    where u beeeeeeen???????

    GW2. got kinda wrapped up in WvW. i'll be trying to balance my time a bit more.

    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

  19. #39
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    GW2. got kinda wrapped up in WvW. i'll be trying to balance my time a bit more.
    gotta call u in skype, i m not even playing since new work... do i have ur skype account name?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  20. #40
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    There are trap boxes in Tempest Spine??? Who knew?
    There's a Tempest Spine?


    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload