Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Man.......

having a sprained ankle and the other foot broken, really leaves u on the good old PC most of the day......

waiting for one of the Stormreach Shortbus officers to log on so I can roll my gimp......

cuz Sarlona is quiet right now, or atleast at my level
    Proud leader of Shortbus Heroes, the greatest GIMP Guild in DDO!

Community Member

Default Interesting, but inappropriate

I appreciate the intent and I think it would be fun to try to play a suboptimal build but I would like to suggest that you change your language and terminology which is inflammatory and demeaning to people who have physical, developmental, or intellectual disabilities.

Vallin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    I appreciate the intent and I think it would be fun to try to play a suboptimal build but I would like to suggest that you change your language and terminology which is inflammatory and demeaning to people who have physical, developmental, or intellectual disabilities.

Vallin.
    Vallin,

Would you mind explaining yourself? How is this in anyway derogatory or inflammatory towards any other person.

Rivetts
    Respectfully

Ten of Ten the Sorcerer, Aerenal
    Alprudr of Thorr and Sif, Aerenal
    Mother of Symphonies, Aerenal
    Illusions of Life, Aerenal

Quote Originally Posted by PCSwarrior View Post
    Man.......

having a sprained ankle and the other foot broken, really leaves u on the good old PC most of the day......

waiting for one of the Stormreach Shortbus officers to log on so I can roll my gimp......

cuz Sarlona is quiet right now, or atleast at my level
    Will log on right now.

Time is now 08:45 a.m.

Rivetts
    Respectfully

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by countesscrow View Post
    Vallin,

Would you mind explaining yourself? How is this in anyway derogatory or inflammatory towards any other person.

Rivetts

Sure.

The term 'short bus' is generally considered to be a derogatory reference to someone who would have characteristics that might be stereotypically associated with people who ride in buses that typically transport children or adults with physical, developmental, or intellectual disabilities. It is not a kind term.

The word 'gimp' is commonly used, particularly as an adjective, and in itself is not so offensive except to those who are particularly sensitive, but in context of your 'short bus' references it would probably be considered an offensive reference to someone who has characteristics stereotypically associated with a physical impairment.

I am not that interested in overly-PC policing, but it really is good practice to try to avoid terms that are potentially offensive.

Vallin.

Sure.

The term 'short bus' is generally considered to be a derogatory reference to someone who would have characteristics that might be stereotypically associated with people who ride in buses that typically transport children or adults with physical, developmental, or intellectual disabilities. It is not a kind term.

The word 'gimp' is commonly used, particularly as an adjective, and in itself is not so offensive except to those who are particularly sensitive, but in context of your 'short bus' references it would probably be considered an offensive reference to someone who has characteristics stereotypically associated with a physical impairment.

I am not that interested in overly-PC policing, but it really is good practice to try to avoid terms that are potentially offensive.

Vallin.
    Vallin,

Were not here to offend anybody. The Term "GIMP" originated in another thread over a year ago that recently resurfaced. The purpose of this guild is to be silly, goofy, and generally make and play your character in ways you wouldn't normally.

If you would like to join us then we would be happy to have you as another GIMP.

Rivetts
    Respectfully

This is a great idea.

You guys should post reps in the house d sewer, marketplace bridge and out in the middle of the harbor.

I am sure you guys can catch a few new members already leveled up a bit as they get booted off the largest airship in Khyber!

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    This is a great idea.

You guys should post reps in the house d sewer, marketplace bridge and out in the middle of the harbor.

I am sure you guys can catch a few new members already leveled up a bit as they get booted off the largest airship in Khyber!
    No no no no. It's no fair if the players don't know that they're GIMP. Intentional gimps only, please!
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

I would love to try this as a lark(not like the bird but in good fun).

How do I go about getting invited. I would put a name holder toon up but Im afraid I might be recruited by a gimped guild or an ovely pc person looking to have me change my name in because it offends someone on some small poylnesian island who doesnt know what a computer is or the only Internet he come in contact with is the middle of his fishing net.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiconn View Post
    I would love to try this as a lark(not like the bird but in good fun).

How do I go about getting invited. I would put a name holder toon up but Im afraid I might be recruited by a gimped guild or an ovely pc person looking to have me change my name in because it offends someone on some small poylnesian island who doesnt know what a computer is or the only Internet he come in contact with is the middle of his fishing net.
    Rubiconn,

I'll be loggin back in again now to recruit anybody else interested in the GIMP guild. Please send a tell to Rivetts.

Rivetts
    Respectfully

Community Member

Default question on rules

Hello everybody,

- A gimp can also receive large collectible, gem and ingredient bags, as these are also QoL issues.
    May my gimp receive such bags from its higher-level toon? And I may I get such bags with my higher level toon for gimps in my gimp guild that I'm friends with, using my higher level toon, since their non-gimp characters may be on another server?

OBTW, I am putting the basic numbers in my bio for easy in-game access everyone.

And who am I? Oh, just a sorc with a greataxe! Hey, I'm owning it. I'm looking for a robe that's red -- dont' care what's on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lacoatrack View Post
    May my gimp receive such bags from its higher-level toon? And I may I get such bags with my higher level toon for gimps in my gimp guild that I'm friends with, using my higher level toon, since their non-gimp characters may be on another server?

OBTW, I am putting the basic numbers in my bio for easy in-game access everyone.

And who am I? Oh, just a sorc with a greataxe! Hey, I'm owning it. I'm looking for a robe that's red -- dont' care what's on it.
    Run STK and get the named robe which the name isn't on my tongue right now. It is red.
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

robe of the duality - catacombs

and as an aside, we fully support this project

signed,

Gimpin Ain't Easy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCSwarrior View Post
    I can see it now:

KHYBER DAILY (Newspaper)

Big GIMP Brawl to go Down Between Team FacePlant and Stormreach Shortbus!!!!
    Heh, see you in the PvP pits.

Sure.

Vallin.
    While I have no input into the "Shortbus" name, the original postings had G.I.M.P. as an acronym. It stands for the "Getting Into Multiclassing Project".

Members of the guild are on from 2:00-10:00 P.M. E.S.T.

I will also be on from 7:00-9:00 A.M. E.S.T., but currently, I am not an officer, so I would not be able to recruit you, but I could get your name, and inform an officer later.

Look for these names:

Bacongimp (me)
    Rivetts
    Easiest
    Sixpants
    Sevenfinger (might be plural, cant remember)
    and anyone that says "Stormreach Shortbus" below their name.

Bacongimp the Destroyer
    Proud leader of Shortbus Heroes, the greatest GIMP Guild in DDO!

Rumbaar,

Sorry about that Rumbaar, Were just re-rolling if that class or race is not open to you.

I.E. if you roll a WF and dont have it then you re-roll your race roll. Same for Class's.

I did read your post just for some reason with moving the thread forgot to answer you @

Rivetts

P.S. remember were trying for Corny names here to.
    It's all good, you might want to put that info in your first post. I have all races and classes so no issue for me.

As for the name I always start with 'Eld' so will probably add something appropriate to the end of that one.

My timezone doesn't usually allow for me to be on at the same time as most US players, so I might have to roll without an officer present. I'll see how I go.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Community Member

Sure.

Vallin.
    I think you have crossed the line into "overly-PC policing".
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
    No no no no. It's no fair if the players don't know that they're GIMP. Intentional gimps only, please!
    I completely agree. I am calling myself a gimp, and I *am* a gimp, and I am having fun with it. I don't want to name-call anyone else. When someone joins our guild -- as they have been doing in streams today -- teaming up and we witness as officers their rolls -- they delight in the strangeness of their 3 classes and often their first three words in guild chat are alogn the lines of "I'm here and I'm super-gimped" or such.

People get it. We're having fun with the randomness, inability to plan ahead for levelling, and the challenge of it. We are working under restrictions that do gimp us.

Man, I ran the Catacombs series with Rivetts today, and some guild officers over from Sarlona, and I must say, quick good decisions really overcome gimp fast. Nice and clean run. LOL, am I even ALLOWED to say that someone in our guild played well and that we overcame obstacles? I think THAT might not be PC here.

BTW, I don't know what "shortbus" means IRL, never heard the term, but as it applied to our guild I thought it meant, kidna, the opposite of a TR-ed person, who is a little taller -- that we're a little -- diminuative in ability and stature here. It didn't seem offensive. I also like the term "faceplant" if we have to have a substittue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elyanna View Post
    Run STK and get the named robe which the name isn't on my tongue right now. It is red.
    Bless you, bless you. this is my dream. now that I'm gimped, I select wardobe based on looks, like i've always wanted to.

WOOT!

She who is a girl IRL,

Nancy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    I think you have crossed the line into "overly-PC policing".
    And apparently this person has company. The OP has been edited to change the name of our guild. Sadly. I understood what it meant. We were calling ourselves gimped, afterall. Well, I like "Stormreach Faceplant" if the PTB (powers that be) so determine we can't even pick our own guild name.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast