Thread: TR guide

Default TR guide

I am looking to gain max XP on a new TR. I'd like to max the toon asap. Does anyone know of an XP guide or which quest in what order I should follow? I just dont want to waste time doing quests I really dont need to be running. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
    ...and then the smoke cleared....

Grun WF Barbarian
    Vindictica Human Fury Shot
    Windfire Shadar Kai Rogue
    Acidius Human Cleric
    Divania Sun Elf Wizzy
    Soulblood Half Orc Fighter

Why yes there is such a thing.

Diaries of a True Reincarnate, Offered by- MrCow

He set up one for melee, arcane, and now divine

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=226992

Enjoy -

Community Member

I read that when u TR for the 1st time you get 32 points for your build. But what if you started with a 32 point build character and then TR. Would you get even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Owch View Post
    I read that when u TR for the 1st time you get 32 points for your build. But what if you started with a 32 point build character and then TR. Would you get even more.
    maxes out at 36pt build

Community Member

first TR is 34pts, second, and all later ones, is 36 (unless drow, then its 30 and 32)

Community Member

do you gain extra feats too. I play a cleric and +1 to DC and 1 extra turn undead does not seem to me a sufficient reason to TR. I am already buying the +1 and soon +2 tomes so my stats should be as good as a TR character.

do you gain extra feats too. I play a cleric and +1 to DC and 1 extra turn undead does not seem to me a sufficient reason to TR. I am already buying the +1 and soon +2 tomes so my stats should be as good as a TR character.
    The passive feats stack. If you had 3 cleric past lives you'd have 3 extra turns and +3 to your DCs for conjurations. If you also had 3 Favored soul past lives, you'd have +3 to spell penetration checks. If you had 3 Sorc past lives, you'd have +3 to the DCs of your evocation spells. If you had 3 fighter past lives you'd have a +3 to hit. etc.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_Life_Feats
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Just because I've done it once, the cleric passive feat also lets you turn undead as if you were two levels higher and stacks up to three times.

Definitely going to TR my cleric three times with the hope of being able to turn most undead in the game...
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Community Member

so i can select the same passive feat each time I TR and they stack? That makes it more desirable. Too bad the tomes for stats do not stack.

I guessing skills do not carry over.

so i can select the same passive feat each time I TR and they stack? That makes it more desirable. Too bad the tomes for stats do not stack.

I guessing skills do not carry over.
    they stack up to 3 times each. skill do not, new life, new lessons.

Community Member

Seems the strategy for making an uber character is to just select passive skills, then TR. A cleric could select several fighter passive skills, ad when he TRs he would have all of the fighter abilities.

Seems the strategy for making an uber character is to just select passive skills, then TR. A cleric could select several fighter passive skills, ad when he TRs he would have all of the fighter abilities.
    Um, it doesn't work that way. If you TR a Cleric, regardless of how it was built or played, it will get the Cleric past life. You get the past life of the class you had the most levels in, or in case you have an odd 8/8/4 split or something then it's mostly in alphabetical order, save for Monk or Favored Soul, which were added later. You also start over from scratch as a TR, only gaining two build points, and the passive past life feat, so if you wanted to take melee feats or whatever, you'd have to do so all over again.

The strategy for an uber character is to stack three lives of every class that synergizes with your final build's, along with doing completionist (1 life in every class).
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

You can follow http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=29; it is built for a second life TR so you can skip some repetitions and still be on schedule.

Anyone have links to the new forums for the leveling guide(s)?

Community Member

Default This is all we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Klarnak View Post
    Anyone have links to the new forums for the leveling guide(s)?

Tolero posted the following regarding how to pull up old forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes we are looking into this as well. We had redirects in place but it appears it's not catching all of it. When in doubt any URL that used to read forums.ddo.com/blahblahblah should work by changing it to www.ddo.com/forums/blahblahblah since all the thread ID numbers stayed the same.

We are aware of particular DDO.com based articles that still need to be moved over, so we're working through those *after* we get user accounts, style, and logout issues buttoned up.

Another way the player has to make things work rather than the T-Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Default working link

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    Why yes there is such a thing.

Diaries of a True Reincarnate, Offered by- MrCow

He set up one for melee, arcane, and now divine

http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226992

Enjoy -
    Fixed the URL so it works with new forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Always make sure you do the first four quests in reverse order of total XP (Cannith Crystal, Storehouse, Heyton's Rest, Necromancer's Doom) so you can maximize your Elite Streak bonus

Also remember that Elite only has about 10% more base XP than Normal...so you're always better off hitting Elite, Hard, and Normal for first-time bonuses on a quest than running Elite or Hard a second time.

Plus, with a full-charged Elite streak, you're usually better off running any quest on Elite the first time than running anything else for a non-first time...so odds are you'll want to hit every quest at-level, or at least almost every quest, at least once for the first-time, Elite-streak bonuses, for the best XP:time, before you start repeating content.

Same logic applies to Hard streak for a second-lifer...its less bonus, but there's less XP per level compared to a third-lifer.