Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Repeater Rogues UNITE!!!

Repeater Rogues
    We have only become stronger since Mod 1.0 and launch. So here is a little flashback, of how it all began for me:

First few weeks of questing. I bet that is a +1 light repeater (uber!) I have equipped. Those repair wands on my hotbar, iirc there is no WF in the party. (shrug) In Walk the Butcher's Path with my Homies. Yes, that is my real hit points.

Yes, those are the same party members. Still hanging with my Homies. I find the first weak chain in the repeater rogue armor, weak saves. Sleep spell gets the best of us in The Swiped Signet.

Graduating to Von 6. I can still recall 1/2 a dozen times being the last alive. Rezzing the cleric, avoiding the wipe. (remember, at one time there was no "safe spot" that player new of) Stay on the bridge, wait till all are dead, pray your reflex save is high enough and do it all over again. I'm wearing +1 Leather Armor of Greater Fire Resistance. Plane of Night.

Practice makes perfect. To be a repeater rogue, one must see Stormreach in 3 dimensions. Out above the desert sands, currently near the entrance to DQ1. I'm wearing +5 mith chain shirt and I'm sexy!

Being a repeater rogue meant thinking outside the box. The art of 'original' Beholder Cookies, and the ability to turn something bad into something good. On one of the pillars in The Circle of Eternity. IIRC, I'm currently lvl 12. Yes, that is my real hit points.

Being a repeater rogue means winning, no matter the cost, no matter the odds, no matter what. If you have run 100 shrouds, odds are you have been in one with serious lag spikes leaving much of the party dead in part 4. There are groups that call for the ddoor, throwing in the towel early, and then there is AtD. IIRC, we had 5 players alive, with no divine left. Rinket and I ended up the last 2 standing, him and I went a few rounds with Harry, the gnolls and devils, before we were victorious! I'm level 16, yes that is a Lightning II light repeating Xbow. Yes, that is my real hit points.

So there it is. The first few years of Bunker of Tharashk (Bunkerious of Thelanis post merge), later deleted and now reborn as Bunks of Thelanis. I took my monk, Oversized and chose to TR him into my original repeater build. New and improved, with much to prove. Sure, I may not be the quickest to succeed, but will succeed none the less.

The Mission
    I'm here to support the repeater rogues of Thelanis, as well as all other servers, the best I can. I will provide answers, ideas, gear(or at least how to obtain gear), as well as take in as much as I dish out. I'm here to support all repeater using rogues, as well as accept all knowledge that will increase th strength of my own repeater rogue Bunks.

I quest on Thelanis. If you are a Repeater Rogue on Thelanis, send me an in game mail to say "HI". I will add you to my friends list.

I also invite you to post your repeater builds here. I will be posting mine along with my equipment setups and thoughts about TRs and possible adjustments and changes.

I foresee repeater raids in the future. I would be happy to lead or simply be one of the 12 that succeeds in any and all raids currently available in game. If you have other fun challenges and ideas that would be exciting and fun for a repeater rogue, post those as well.

My name is Bunks,
    I use a repeater,
    and Yes, that is my real hit points.
    Last edited by Tolero; 03-10-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Default Bunks Build

Name: Bunks
    Race: Human
    Class: Rogue (mechanic)
    Favorite Weapon: Radiance Light Repeater

Current lvl 18

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.5.1
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Bunks Orca
    Level 20 True Neutral Human Male
    (20 Rogue) 
    Hit Points: 202
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 7
    Reflex: 19
    Will: 6

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             10                    10
    Dexterity            16                    24
    Constitution         12                    12
    Intelligence         16                    19
    Wisdom               10                    10
    Charisma             14                    14

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               7                    31
    Bluff                 2                     3
    Concentration         1                     2
    Diplomacy             6                    26
    Disable Device        7                    35
    Haggle                6                    26
    Heal                  0                     1
    Hide                  7                    31
    Intimidate            2                    26
    Jump                  4                    11
    Listen                0                     2
    Move Silently         7                    31
    Open Lock             7                    38
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                3                     9
    Search                7                    32
    Spot                  4                    28
    Swim                  0                     2
    Tumble                7                    31
    Use Magic Device      6                    26

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Point Blank Shot
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Reload

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 10 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Crippling Strike

Level 14 (Rogue)

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot

Level 16 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Slippery Mind

Level 17 (Rogue)

Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Quick Draw

Level 19 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Skill Mastery

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost III
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost IV
    Enhancement: Rogue Cheat Death
    Enhancement: Rogue Fire Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Intelligence I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery II
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I
    Enhancement: Human Versatility II
    Enhancement: Human Versatility III
    Enhancement: Human Versatility IV
    Enhancement: Iron Companion
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic I
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic II
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training II
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training III
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device II
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device III
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock II
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock III
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity II
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense II
    Attributes
    Str: 10 (+3 tome, +6 item, litany) 20
    Dex: 16 (+5 level, +3 enhancement, +6 item, +4 tome, +3 exceptional, +1 litany) 38
    Con: 12 (+3 tome, +6 item, +1 litany) 20 (+2 36pt build) 22
    Int: 16 (+3 enhancement, +3 tome, +6 item, +3 exceptional, +1 litany) 32
    Wis: 10 (+3 tome, +6 item, +1 litany) 20
    Cha: 14 (+3 tome, +6 item, +1 litany) 24
    notes: Upon rerolling to a 36 pt. build, Bunks will take the final 2 pts and put them into Constitution at level 1.

Feats
    Level 1: I actually take Lesser Mark of Passage. I feel that this is a great choice early on for the extra speed while questing. A constant 25% striding until you can wear a 30% striding boot/ring will help in being evasive and also finishing quests at a quicker rate. (There is of course always sucking down haste potions every 30 seconds. Your call.) The feat is later removed and switched for Toughness.

Rapid Reload + Rapid Shot: Here is a chart showing the difference between having none, 1, and both feats.

Using repeaters is the main weapon in this build. The faster the better!

Level 18: I currently have Quck Draw as the level 18 feat. This is simply a temporary choice. I plan on becoming a 36 point build and later choosing Sneak of Shadows as the final feat.

Enhancements
    Capstone: Cheat Death will not be the actual capstone in this build. Ron's Character Planner simply did not allow me to choose the other one. My latest version might need updating.

Human Versitility IV vs. Rogue Skill Boost IV: I'm a fan of HV. I constantly use the dmg and attack bonus boosts. I took only the first 2 ranks of Rogue Skill Boost to unlock Mechanic I and II.

I generally make minor adjustments with my enhancements. With the 3 day reset ability available, it comes in handy. I will swap the Human Adaptability enhancements from 1 attribute to another to compensate for which stat is currently odd, thus making it even. (it isn't like I have the +4 tomes right now, so what shows as the final build of course is not the current)

Equipment
    more to come
    Last edited by Bunker; 09-27-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Default *top secret*

Updates to come during the month of August and September 2011......

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    To all Fellow Repeater Rogues and Repeater Enthusiasts:

I first want to thank those who have contributed to keeping the repeater dream alive. For years we have struggled along with many of the other classes in game, with the changes, the bugs, the issues, the good times and the bad.

As I scroll through the entire thread up to now, I see many variations of the Repeater Rogue, and with Update 11 around the corner, look forward to many many more in the near future. Artificers will bring even more variants of the repeater using adventurer to Stormreach.

I myself have taken a short break from my Repeater Rogue, but find that the newest update (U11) is giving me energy and inspiration to revive Bunks and get him back in the dungeons. I will also be looking into some of the new varients (especially with ArtiS), to see what we can create to take over Stormreach.

It has been just over a year since I started this thread and so many have contributed so much. I hope to update this thread over the next month. Updating the Repeater Rogue roster. Adding links to multiple repeater rogue varients and other repeater user varients. And a special section for Thelanis, my home server. If you have any suggestions on some updates, send me a PM.

REPEATER ROGUES UNITE!!!!!

-Bunk
    Last edited by Bunker; 08-19-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Community Member

great i love repeater, waiting to see some build, stats, numbers, etc.
    especialy :
    - the number of bolt per shot; does it depend to bab or something, or is always 3?
    - how to sneak attack with a ranged weapon? maybe i do it wrong

yet im on my completionist path, i've chose warforged assassin STR build. its brute force. But i already want to TR into something fun to play, im near the end of the path, will raise as barbarian next life with a friend, then .....

i looking for this for my "wizard" life :

Warforged with maxxed INT, rest undecided (36 point build)

1 - Rogue (Rogue 1) : Skills!
    2 - 8 Wizard (Rogue 1 / Wizard 7) : Firewall can tear through most content until....
    9 - 13 Rogue (Rogue 6 / Wizard 7) : Mechanics and repeater (lv12=Greensteel)
    14 - 17 Wizard (Rogue 6 / Wizard 11) : better healing, 11 wizard = Reconstruct, good for the last dreaded levels...,
    18 Rogue (Rogue 7 / Wizard 11) : One more sneak dice, round up UMD and trapskills
    19-20 wizard : will probably TR shortly, unless its as fun as i expect and waiting for 20th shroud/adq completions

ps: this is a wizard past life; plus im not fond of mechanicsII, while mechanicsI bring Light repeater and INT to damage.
    Access to Conc opp, torc, buffs, reconstruct, evasion, good HP, insane reflex, sup clickies for firewalls (which will probably be the only offensive spell id use. So tons of SP to care myself, average(good?) damage output, but not best. Not to mention access to spells which enable sneak (blind=glitterdust, stuns, hold, etc)

Did i say i love glitterdust?

well I LOVE GLITTERDUST, my favorite spells forever... just wish i knew how to proc sneak on ranged weapon

cheers for all rogue =)
    Last edited by Halaryel; 08-06-2010 at 02:12 AM.

http://my.ddo.com/character/argonnessen/belrog/

Hi ! I also have repeater rogue. He was on break after w/p nerf and until last update. Unfortunetely I am not on your server to join repeaters raids. Some quests can be fun when 2-3 ppl in party use ranged weapon.
    Seems there are few more ppl who like it also.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...96#post3120596
    Fairytales don't teach us that dragons exist, but rather that dragons can be beaten.

Argonnessen
    Belrog

Ghallanda
    Trouper

Khyber
    Antikytherah
    Machinegunn

Sarlona
    Omaka

Thelanis
    Bunks
    Maricela
    Renja
    Sparse
    Sudixe
    The current list of repeater rogues out there. I know there are more, I may have missed a few. Stop in, say hi.

On a side note, to those of Thelanis, I'm looking forward to ALL REPEATER ROGUE RAIDS in the future.

The current list of repeater rogues out there. I know there are more, I may have missed a few. Stop in, say hi.

On a side note, to those of Thelanis, I'm looking forward to ALL REPEATER ROGUE RAIDS in the future.
    That would be awesome bunk.

Repeaters are awesome I have a repeater well kinda rogue build if want can post later lol would need to get stats and what did with it.

Not the common run of the mill though mine is 12/6/2 Warchanter/mech/fighter.

Full rogue skills and abilities using L. Repeaters
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member

Bunker--I asked about weapon finesse only because I was wondering what a repeater build was to do when a critter got close. Do you simply stand there and shoot the critter in the face?

As for my repeater toon, just started playing her tonight (vet status). Her name is Napa (like the auto parts store...heck, she is a mechanic).

Hope to see you in game.

Default Me too, and me!!!

Feel free to add Fysh Styck to the Thelanis group of rogues...after all, that's where all the cool repeating kids hang. WORD!
    -Qetsil / Sickcat / Dorktastic / Belir / Peachfuzz / Fysh / Sometime / Segment / Skwash / Pyg / Swetn / Smurfingly, And 2 nameless others
    All Thelanis, all the time...FER SHIZZLE!

I got Scitz on Khyber.
    WF Mech Rogue, level 6 so far and using the Hellfire Crossbow, best repeater light crossbow ive found so far.

Community Member

Repairman Jack on Orien is now level 8 (nearly 9). A human mechanic with a build much like the OP's. Still loving the build and the play style. With a bit of ingenuity repeaters punch well above their weight. I have done two Chonoscope raids recently with PUGs and been the last man standing each time. Really cant recommend repeaters enough to someone who wants a new challege in DDO.

My question to my brothers and sisters in arms is this; What good mid level gear should I be aiming for at level 8-9?

Thanks guys. Poke me in game if you see me

Community Member

hmm, seems i never did get round to posting my mechanic, so here he is, thundafoot the mischievous halfling mechanic: http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/thundafoot/

i have to say my expectations were low (seeing as how ranged combat is deliberately weaker than melee due to risk vs reward) but the trip to lvl20 and on into the easier epics has been a lot of fun and my little rascal has impressed me with how well he can hold his own.

i did the bulk of lvl1-20 before the last few changes, eg the new reload noise and the 3 shot fix. even in that buggy state he still worked well, though it was frustrating to see a squishy target live because you just lost 2 bolts worth of SA dmg

my favourite tale was an elite madstone with a group of good power gamers i know, this was just after horcs had released so it was a very melee heavy group. i'd only just got imp precise shot and was having a lot of fun with an icy bursted paralyser. knowing my fellows would be great at keeping aggro i decided to play a very aggressive game, aiming to milk the most out of my new feat and keep it close for the SA dmg. it worked a charm, i was paralysing large packs of mobs, getting SA on all but the one at the back i had targeted and between my SA dmg and a pack of horcs the mobs were just melting away. i also had a few occasions of disrupting 3 skeletal giants all lined up together, most satisfying. at the end of the quest we'd had a very easy run and my little nutter had racked up the most kills, quite surprising considering the twinkied top of the line melee's i was partied with!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

For Cannith you might want to add http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/cannith/Sylveria/

Also http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/cannith/Vanitysmurf/ {not me - a friend}

Both are Rogue Mech/Arti builds!
    Both are first life!

I'm afraid I have no idea how the character planner used on these forums for builds works {and wouldn't be able to remember exactly how my character - and certainly not my friend's - were built}.

why Quick Draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwaters View Post
    -- Need to see what the Arty has up its sleeve to be sure, but i got a sick feeling mechs are being left out in the cold here, they only buffed up xbows for their new xbow hero class, we just got boosted a TINY bit along the way.
    you think they will have the Trapmaking stuff too?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post
    Removing things always hurts people, unless it hurt putting it in to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post
    There was one in his left hand but he's throwing it away. It's a crossbow after all.

Community Member

this thread... this is what I needed. quick question or two before I scrap my character [its only lv2]: would 18dex and 12 int be enough to be viable or should i drop some dex and pump int similar your initial RX build? Basically, would the loss of 1 or two bonus int damage be much of a huge change for the extra point of accuracy dex would give?

Hey what's up Bunker. Glad I bumped into you in the marketplace the other day. You said earlier in a post that you never put down your repeater unless you run out of bolts and that made me laugh. I laughed because of all of the skellies and oozes I've shot with mine. I never even take the finger of the trigger lol. Yeah the oozes are splitting and the skellies are getting gnat hits. Give me a minute and don't bother the oozes and they be down just like the rest. Now where did I put that greater ooze bane heavy repeater at? Well I guess I'll just use the paralyzer.

Rog/ftr is a great combination to take if you want to be able to get shot on the run and all of the other feats you'll be wanting for damage output. As I told you I've loved this build long before the updates. Originally I wanted to build a great trap monkey that could stay out of the melee and alive. I was already a high dex and int build and the new mechanic changes just played perfectly into a build that was already great.

My original build used precise shot and shot on the run to keep tight to the melee while moving and still hitting the picked target for full backstab. Earlier I incorrectly said I traded precision for rapid shot . I actually traded precise shot for rapid shot. It's easy to trade back so I thought I'd try for more shots fired for a while to see how I like it.
    So far it doesn't seem like a big difference so I could go either way. I absolutely wouldn't trade taking the feats for shot on the run for anything else though. Constant movement is the strength of the build. You have to be within that 30' area for backstab and you definitely don't want to be standing still. Most of the time now I am wearing marilith chain armor. It is medium armor and while wearing it I lose evasion but it adds +6 to my crit damage before multipliers and I haven't gotten lucky enough to pull a bloodstone yet. Even without evasion you hardly ever get tagged just because you are always moving. I still put on the light stuff for the big fights. Don't want to lose evasion when some dragon is breathing on you.

Pierces

Community Member

Another repeater user in progress here - Cresom, a drow rogue on Ghallanda. I'm currently leaning towards pure rogue for the build, though with trapmonkeying not specifically being a goal along with being only level 5, there could be room for changing plans.

I'm using a +1 frost heavy repeater at the moment, which has generally worked for soloing so far, but in cases like teaming for hard/elite quests I've noticed a large amount of misses. So like in BelVic's post it's probably better for me to use a prefix/suffix free repeater for the higher to-hit over the extra 1d6 frost damage. (Either way, I probably should pay more attention to the attack dice rolls)

Also for a minor question, are masterwork bolts buyable anywhere? Could help to avoid running out of bolts, at least until I get a better quiver.

My primary focus for Gedian has been trapmonkey, but to be helpful in a group setting I did invest in rapid reload, precision, and point blank shot (and considering rapid shot later) on top of stocking up on healing/repair supplies. I do find that even on solo, with a tank hireling surrounded by a mob I can mow them down pretty quick. I also hammer the diplomacy a lot to keep the aggro off and it all works pretty well so far.

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dylvish View Post
    You know, its kind of a shame. This whole thread is about playing a spec that almost everyone else in the game bags on for being 'sub par', because it is enjoyable, fun, and can still be effective. Then you turn around and start bagging on someone else because the like another race? Kind of against the grain there.

There will always be 'optimal' races, and specs as well, for min/maxing a class. That is not what this thread is about. You both are enjoying Repeater builds. Congrats. He is enjoying his Drow build, and feels it is effective, toss him a congrats instead of bragging how much better your WF is.

Amazing thread btw, gave me the nerve to start up my repeater mechanic.
    Yeah sorry I was in a bad mood (having serious issues with my PC) I personally dislike Drow for reasons other than stats but as long as he has at least 12 starting CON (personally i dislike less than 14 buts thats hard for a -2 con race) drow is fine.I,m gonna wait until. after U7 though because apprently their revamping ranged combat to increase its effectiveness but they havent said how.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast