Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Repeater Rogues UNITE!!!

Repeater Rogues
    We have only become stronger since Mod 1.0 and launch. So here is a little flashback, of how it all began for me:

First few weeks of questing. I bet that is a +1 light repeater (uber!) I have equipped. Those repair wands on my hotbar, iirc there is no WF in the party. (shrug) In Walk the Butcher's Path with my Homies. Yes, that is my real hit points.

Yes, those are the same party members. Still hanging with my Homies. I find the first weak chain in the repeater rogue armor, weak saves. Sleep spell gets the best of us in The Swiped Signet.

Graduating to Von 6. I can still recall 1/2 a dozen times being the last alive. Rezzing the cleric, avoiding the wipe. (remember, at one time there was no "safe spot" that player new of) Stay on the bridge, wait till all are dead, pray your reflex save is high enough and do it all over again. I'm wearing +1 Leather Armor of Greater Fire Resistance. Plane of Night.

Practice makes perfect. To be a repeater rogue, one must see Stormreach in 3 dimensions. Out above the desert sands, currently near the entrance to DQ1. I'm wearing +5 mith chain shirt and I'm sexy!

Being a repeater rogue meant thinking outside the box. The art of 'original' Beholder Cookies, and the ability to turn something bad into something good. On one of the pillars in The Circle of Eternity. IIRC, I'm currently lvl 12. Yes, that is my real hit points.

Being a repeater rogue means winning, no matter the cost, no matter the odds, no matter what. If you have run 100 shrouds, odds are you have been in one with serious lag spikes leaving much of the party dead in part 4. There are groups that call for the ddoor, throwing in the towel early, and then there is AtD. IIRC, we had 5 players alive, with no divine left. Rinket and I ended up the last 2 standing, him and I went a few rounds with Harry, the gnolls and devils, before we were victorious! I'm level 16, yes that is a Lightning II light repeating Xbow. Yes, that is my real hit points.

So there it is. The first few years of Bunker of Tharashk (Bunkerious of Thelanis post merge), later deleted and now reborn as Bunks of Thelanis. I took my monk, Oversized and chose to TR him into my original repeater build. New and improved, with much to prove. Sure, I may not be the quickest to succeed, but will succeed none the less.

The Mission
    I'm here to support the repeater rogues of Thelanis, as well as all other servers, the best I can. I will provide answers, ideas, gear(or at least how to obtain gear), as well as take in as much as I dish out. I'm here to support all repeater using rogues, as well as accept all knowledge that will increase th strength of my own repeater rogue Bunks.

I quest on Thelanis. If you are a Repeater Rogue on Thelanis, send me an in game mail to say "HI". I will add you to my friends list.

I also invite you to post your repeater builds here. I will be posting mine along with my equipment setups and thoughts about TRs and possible adjustments and changes.

I foresee repeater raids in the future. I would be happy to lead or simply be one of the 12 that succeeds in any and all raids currently available in game. If you have other fun challenges and ideas that would be exciting and fun for a repeater rogue, post those as well.

My name is Bunks,
    I use a repeater,
    and Yes, that is my real hit points.
    Last edited by Tolero; 03-10-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Default Bunks Build

Name: Bunks
    Race: Human
    Class: Rogue (mechanic)
    Favorite Weapon: Radiance Light Repeater

Current lvl 18

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.5.1
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Bunks Orca
    Level 20 True Neutral Human Male
    (20 Rogue) 
    Hit Points: 202
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 7
    Reflex: 19
    Will: 6

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             10                    10
    Dexterity            16                    24
    Constitution         12                    12
    Intelligence         16                    19
    Wisdom               10                    10
    Charisma             14                    14

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               7                    31
    Bluff                 2                     3
    Concentration         1                     2
    Diplomacy             6                    26
    Disable Device        7                    35
    Haggle                6                    26
    Heal                  0                     1
    Hide                  7                    31
    Intimidate            2                    26
    Jump                  4                    11
    Listen                0                     2
    Move Silently         7                    31
    Open Lock             7                    38
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                3                     9
    Search                7                    32
    Spot                  4                    28
    Swim                  0                     2
    Tumble                7                    31
    Use Magic Device      6                    26

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Point Blank Shot
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Reload

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 10 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Crippling Strike

Level 14 (Rogue)

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot

Level 16 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Slippery Mind

Level 17 (Rogue)

Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Quick Draw

Level 19 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Skill Mastery

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost III
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost IV
    Enhancement: Rogue Cheat Death
    Enhancement: Rogue Fire Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Intelligence I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery II
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I
    Enhancement: Human Versatility II
    Enhancement: Human Versatility III
    Enhancement: Human Versatility IV
    Enhancement: Iron Companion
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic I
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic II
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training II
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training III
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device II
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device III
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock II
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock III
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity II
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense II
    Attributes
    Str: 10 (+3 tome, +6 item, litany) 20
    Dex: 16 (+5 level, +3 enhancement, +6 item, +4 tome, +3 exceptional, +1 litany) 38
    Con: 12 (+3 tome, +6 item, +1 litany) 20 (+2 36pt build) 22
    Int: 16 (+3 enhancement, +3 tome, +6 item, +3 exceptional, +1 litany) 32
    Wis: 10 (+3 tome, +6 item, +1 litany) 20
    Cha: 14 (+3 tome, +6 item, +1 litany) 24
    notes: Upon rerolling to a 36 pt. build, Bunks will take the final 2 pts and put them into Constitution at level 1.

Feats
    Level 1: I actually take Lesser Mark of Passage. I feel that this is a great choice early on for the extra speed while questing. A constant 25% striding until you can wear a 30% striding boot/ring will help in being evasive and also finishing quests at a quicker rate. (There is of course always sucking down haste potions every 30 seconds. Your call.) The feat is later removed and switched for Toughness.

Rapid Reload + Rapid Shot: Here is a chart showing the difference between having none, 1, and both feats.

Using repeaters is the main weapon in this build. The faster the better!

Level 18: I currently have Quck Draw as the level 18 feat. This is simply a temporary choice. I plan on becoming a 36 point build and later choosing Sneak of Shadows as the final feat.

Enhancements
    Capstone: Cheat Death will not be the actual capstone in this build. Ron's Character Planner simply did not allow me to choose the other one. My latest version might need updating.

Human Versitility IV vs. Rogue Skill Boost IV: I'm a fan of HV. I constantly use the dmg and attack bonus boosts. I took only the first 2 ranks of Rogue Skill Boost to unlock Mechanic I and II.

I generally make minor adjustments with my enhancements. With the 3 day reset ability available, it comes in handy. I will swap the Human Adaptability enhancements from 1 attribute to another to compensate for which stat is currently odd, thus making it even. (it isn't like I have the +4 tomes right now, so what shows as the final build of course is not the current)

Equipment
    more to come
    Last edited by Bunker; 09-27-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Default *top secret*

Updates to come during the month of August and September 2011......

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    To all Fellow Repeater Rogues and Repeater Enthusiasts:

I first want to thank those who have contributed to keeping the repeater dream alive. For years we have struggled along with many of the other classes in game, with the changes, the bugs, the issues, the good times and the bad.

As I scroll through the entire thread up to now, I see many variations of the Repeater Rogue, and with Update 11 around the corner, look forward to many many more in the near future. Artificers will bring even more variants of the repeater using adventurer to Stormreach.

I myself have taken a short break from my Repeater Rogue, but find that the newest update (U11) is giving me energy and inspiration to revive Bunks and get him back in the dungeons. I will also be looking into some of the new varients (especially with ArtiS), to see what we can create to take over Stormreach.

It has been just over a year since I started this thread and so many have contributed so much. I hope to update this thread over the next month. Updating the Repeater Rogue roster. Adding links to multiple repeater rogue varients and other repeater user varients. And a special section for Thelanis, my home server. If you have any suggestions on some updates, send me a PM.

REPEATER ROGUES UNITE!!!!!

-Bunk
    Last edited by Bunker; 08-19-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Community Member

great i love repeater, waiting to see some build, stats, numbers, etc.
    especialy :
    - the number of bolt per shot; does it depend to bab or something, or is always 3?
    - how to sneak attack with a ranged weapon? maybe i do it wrong

yet im on my completionist path, i've chose warforged assassin STR build. its brute force. But i already want to TR into something fun to play, im near the end of the path, will raise as barbarian next life with a friend, then .....

i looking for this for my "wizard" life :

Warforged with maxxed INT, rest undecided (36 point build)

1 - Rogue (Rogue 1) : Skills!
    2 - 8 Wizard (Rogue 1 / Wizard 7) : Firewall can tear through most content until....
    9 - 13 Rogue (Rogue 6 / Wizard 7) : Mechanics and repeater (lv12=Greensteel)
    14 - 17 Wizard (Rogue 6 / Wizard 11) : better healing, 11 wizard = Reconstruct, good for the last dreaded levels...,
    18 Rogue (Rogue 7 / Wizard 11) : One more sneak dice, round up UMD and trapskills
    19-20 wizard : will probably TR shortly, unless its as fun as i expect and waiting for 20th shroud/adq completions

ps: this is a wizard past life; plus im not fond of mechanicsII, while mechanicsI bring Light repeater and INT to damage.
    Access to Conc opp, torc, buffs, reconstruct, evasion, good HP, insane reflex, sup clickies for firewalls (which will probably be the only offensive spell id use. So tons of SP to care myself, average(good?) damage output, but not best. Not to mention access to spells which enable sneak (blind=glitterdust, stuns, hold, etc)

Did i say i love glitterdust?

well I LOVE GLITTERDUST, my favorite spells forever... just wish i knew how to proc sneak on ranged weapon

cheers for all rogue =)
    Last edited by Halaryel; 08-06-2010 at 02:12 AM.

http://my.ddo.com/character/argonnessen/belrog/

Hi ! I also have repeater rogue. He was on break after w/p nerf and until last update. Unfortunetely I am not on your server to join repeaters raids. Some quests can be fun when 2-3 ppl in party use ranged weapon.
    Seems there are few more ppl who like it also.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...96#post3120596
    Fairytales don't teach us that dragons exist, but rather that dragons can be beaten.

Hi Bunks!

I did enjoy your tale, so. It was awesome to see you standing at the end, victorious with your friend beside you.

Boo-shucks to the rest of 'em, sleeping on the job.

Why Light Repeater instead of Heavy Repeater?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginetti View Post
    Hi Bunks!

I did enjoy your tale, so. It was awesome to see you standing at the end, victorious with your friend beside you.

Boo-shucks to the rest of 'em, sleeping on the job.

Why Light Repeater instead of Heavy Repeater?
    Originally, I picked light repeaters for the availability. Back on Thelanis, anyone who used repeaters and purchased them from FairTrades in House D used Heavy. This made finding Light repeaters much easier.

Also, at one time, there was mention that light repeaters fired faster than heavy. Now, I could be totally bunked on this assumption, and honestly, with the ranged mis-fire bug, i'm not sure it makes a difference. There may be a difference in RoF between Light and Heavy. That will require more looking into.

So at this point Ginetti, I chose Light over Heavy simply to follow my original build. I suppose I could go Heavy for that extra avg. dps, that would be more logical. With mechanic giving both feats for free, I will find myself using both depending on what I loot or purchase, but for my GS repeaters, I made Light.

Default build posted

Build Posted

As I'm leveling, I've been chatting with a couple ppl on the right combination of ToD rings, GS equipment, and epic gear to find the best end game setup. So Equipment not added yet.

I will probably put up low lvl, mid lvl, and end game equipment.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger and TRing my barbarian to a Mechanic, I've crafted a Lit II Heavy repeater, already have a mechanic TOD ring, and grabbed my true heart of wood tonight at 20% off

My big hang up is going full repeater or building with a TWF option.

Basically I'm looking at feats being:
    Validria's Full repeater
    1. Point blank shot
    1. Precise shot
    3. Rapid Shot
    6. Rapid Reload
    9 Toughness
    12. IC Ranged
    15. SFD
    18. Improved Precise Shot

OR

My own Repeater mech with TWF option
    1. Toughness
    1. Weapon Finesse
    3. TWF
    6. Rapid Shot
    9 Rapid Reload
    12. IC Ranged
    15. IC Pierce
    18. Improved TWF

Im thinking with my build I have a melee option at early levels and beyond. I'll have repeater feats in place by 12 when I can use the greensteel. Then at 15 i have my banishing rapier options for the Vale, as well as vorpal, smiting etc..

So..what I'm really wondering is if going all out repeater is worth it compared to what you lose from not having a solid melee option????

Hey there Bunk, nice to see some of the "older" names giving repeaters a try

I also trully believe they can shine in the right hands, and I will be pompous enough and say that I believe I can make a good one. Here's my build, I will note some gear choices at the bottom. I will be TRing my barb into it, am currently still getting some gear I would really love to have in my next life asap and waiting on the key +3 tomes.

Code:
    Machinist of Syn
    Level 20 Chaotic Good Halfling Male ( this intended to get switched to TN with the store thingy, have a ml4 +1 sb of pg rx [rr:Halfling] along with a lot of other lowish PG rx)
    (20 Rogue) 
    Hit Points: 252 (goes to 527 with 2xmadstone and yugo pots)
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 10
    Reflex: 19
    Will: 7

Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength              8                    10
    Dexterity            18                    23
    Constitution         14                    16
    Intelligence         18                    25
    Wisdom                8                    10
    Charisma              8                    10

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               8                    30
    Bluff                -1                    23
    Concentration         2                     4
    Diplomacy             3                    24
    Disable Device        8                    38
    Haggle                3                    24
    Heal                 -1                     1
    Hide                  8                    34
    Intimidate           -1                     1
    Jump                  3                    25
    Listen               -1                     3
    Move Silently         8                    32
    Open Lock             8                    37
    Perform              n/a                    n/a
    Repair                4                    12
    Search                8                    35
    Spot                  3                    28
    Swim                 -1                    20
    Tumble                8                    29
    Use Magic Device      3                    24

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Reload
    Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
    Enhancement: Rogue Acid Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Halfling Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training II
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device II
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock II
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I

Level 7 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training III

Level 8 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy II

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning II
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile II

Level 10 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device III
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense II

Level 11 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock III

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning III
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic II

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Crippling Strike
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile III

Level 14 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II

Level 16 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Skill Mastery
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III

Level 17 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning IV

Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile IV

Level 19 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Defensive Roll
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy IV

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Cheat Death
    Enhancement: Halfling Dexterity II
    Enhancement: Rogue Faster Sneaking I
    I'm still toying with the enhancement order and some feat order, sorry it's not more readable. Here's the ending equipment idea (have most of it):

Head: Minos Legens
    Belt: Mechanic's Belt
    Boots: Madstone Boots
    Bracers: Tharne's Bracers ( have levik's for healing amp switchout )
    Goggles: Tharne's Goggles ( have 3earth aswell, could work for some tanking maybe )
    Ring1: Ring of Deftness ( in process, thinking adding +2 dex )
    Ring2: Kyosho's Ring (in proces, thinking adding +2 int/con)
    [ Have the ravager set which might come in handy for boss fights ]
    Robe: Icy Raiment ( in process, will see if I'll actually be trying for AC or this might go to DT)
    Neck: Shintao Cord
    Trinket: Bloodstone / Shimmering Arrowhead ( trying to get the arrowhead for the +2 attack and crippling effect )
    Cloak: Bard's Cloak ( actually have a HP item here, will need to work something out )
    Gloves: Ogre Power Gloves of Repairing ( actually thinking of making this another GS item, like 3neg or maybe 3pos HP)
    Quiver: Quiver of Alacrity
    Weapon: Heavy Repeater, RadII done, need to craft a LitII and possibly a 3earth aswell.

The equipment part is still not set in stone but this should be close enough. I will be switching a lot depending on the situations.

I will make sure to send you a mail when this baby comes to life, and maybe note some changes in the process.
    Last edited by synkos; 08-10-2010 at 02:13 AM.
    Synaan : Synay : Synaya : Syngheal
    To lead is to follow your people.

Thumbs up

Cool story, bro - and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. You're playing what you want and having fun doing it, more power to you!
    I see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    I'm so close to pulling the trigger and TRing my barbarian to a Mechanic, I've crafted a Lit II Heavy repeater, already have a mechanic TOD ring, and grabbed my true heart of wood tonight at 20% off

My big hang up is going full repeater or building with a TWF option.

Basically I'm looking at feats being:
    Validria's Full repeater
    1. Point blank shot
    1. Precise shot
    3. Rapid Shot
    6. Rapid Reload
    9 Toughness
    12. IC Ranged
    15. SF: DD
    18. Improved Precise Shot

OR

My own Repeater mech with TWF option
    1. Toughness
    1. Weapon Finesse
    3. TWF
    6. Rapid Shot
    9 Rapid Reload
    12. IC Ranged
    15. IC Pierce
    18. Improved TWF

Im thinking with my build I have a melee option at early levels and beyond. I'll have repeater feats in place by 12 when I can use the greensteel. Then at 15 i have my banishing rapier options for the Vale, as well as vorpal, smiting etc..

So..what I'm really wondering is if going all out repeater is worth it compared to what you lose from not having a solid melee option????
    Your pure ranged is on the right track. I do feel that with mechanic II and the proper gear, SF DD is a bit overkill. I mean, +5 tools alone is +7 to your disable device. I'm not sure even on Epic, that you will need a SF DD.

As for 1/2 melee 1/2 ranged repeater, take a look at 13/6/1 options:

Rogue/Ranger/Fighter
    Rogue/Ranger/Monk
    Rogue/Monk/Fighter
    Rogue/Fighter/Monk
    Rogue/Ranger/Barbarian
    Rogue/Fighter/Barbarian

Yes, you will loose a little backstab dmg only going 13 lvls of rogue. Your skills will not suffer at all imo. With proper distribution, your key dd/ol/search/spot will be capped along with most of your key active skills like balance, jump and tumble.

I threw in the 13/6/1 with monk 6 for the whole ninja spy and Shortswords. Not sure how it would look at end game, seeing as you would be uncentered with repeater in hand. Thought it might be kind of sexy.

There is nothing wrong with pure rogue, but you might get more bang for your buck with multiclass if you want some strong melee/repeater combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    Cool story, bro - and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. You're playing what you want and having fun doing it, more power to you!
    Thx Minttunator. I feel that at some point in MMOs, we cannot allow the company that creates to supply the entertainment. We as gamers have to create the fun. Post a few screenshots, make up a rhyme, tell a good story, take a break from the game. Whatever it takes for us to keep the enjoyment flowing.

Community Member

http://my.ddo.com/character/sarlona/omaka

obviously at level 12 i am no where near done, however this build is rocking out no problems at all, even with extreamly sub-par equipment (still rocking the silver flame amulet mark 2).

I don't know about other repeater players, but i am a very weapon heavy rogue. My first inventory screen is mostly filled with weapons for almost every situation, such as a smiter, a banisher, and a paralizer (para plus evil outsider bane is fun in threnal).

Current favorite weapon is a +3 metaline heavy xbow of pure good with icy burst. Dishes out damage to any and all (except for ice immune/absorb but good for the immunes as well). Haven't come across many mobs that can take constant shots with that weapon, and i will be force-imbueing it soon. And if they can, i will just paralize them.

A fan of the defenders (at least mithril and ada). Keeps the mobs busy while i sneak attack them from close range. Party on the other hand dosen't like them so much. Even the rogues keep falling. Heck, once i swear i saw the ada defender trip HIMSELF on his grease.

Hey there Osma77. Thx for posting your repeater rogue. I myself just hit lvl 15 recently after some killer Crucible runs. So I hear ya on the whole, no where near done, thing. And as for the silver flame ammy, mine is stage III but hey, it rocks. Always good to switch on when deathblock is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osma77 View Post
    http://my.ddo.com/character/sarlona/omaka

obviously at level 12 i am no where near done, however this build is rocking out no problems at all, even with extreamly sub-par equipment (still rocking the silver flame amulet mark 2).

I don't know about other repeater players, but i am a very weapon heavy rogue. My first inventory screen is mostly filled with weapons for almost every situation, such as a smiter, a banisher, and a paralizer (para plus evil outsider bane is fun in threnal).

Current favorite weapon is a +3 metaline heavy xbow of pure good with icy burst. Dishes out damage to any and all (except for ice immune/absorb but good for the immunes as well). Haven't come across many mobs that can take constant shots with that weapon, and i will be force-imbueing it soon. And if they can, i will just paralize them.
    Yeah, I kind of have a few weapons in the pack myself. GS repeaters is my main choice with Radiance II leading the way. Disrupter/Banisher/Paralyzer(sometimes)/WP/WE are always nice as well. Though if I'm going to have any of these listed, I want them no higher than lvl 10 (lvl 8 rr are the best).

With House D +3 bolts available, you can take a lvl 8 rr weapon that is +1 and turn it into a +3 simply with the proper ammo. Disrupters are the best the earlier you use them. Banishers as well, though superduper handy in the vale too. Paralyzer is use only in a few quests, or depending on the party. Once I hit lvl 12 now, being a TR and all, it is basically all Green Steel all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osma77 View Post
    A fan of the defenders (at least mithril and ada). Keeps the mobs busy while i sneak attack them from close range. Party on the other hand dosen't like them so much. Even the rogues keep falling. Heck, once i swear i saw the ada defender trip HIMSELF on his grease.
    I dig the defender dogs for distraction. Summon the pet, invis clickie/potion/wand and there we go. Usually there is no need for even the pet to get by most mobs with invisible, but sometimes it helps.

I'm currently working on a 6 Rogue 14 Bard Repeater build.

Currently at 5 Rogue 8 Bard, I used a +3 lesser on him when they made the changed to mechanic.

Only 3 more bubbles to +9 damage from his 29 int he will have at lvl 14.

Even without it he's doing ok damage with the bardsongs going.

Thanks for the tips, was trying to decide on spending a feat on Heavy repeater or not looks like it will be light repeater all the way once I hit lvl 14

Toughness
    Extend
    Rapid Reload
    Point Blank
    Imp Crit
    Precise Shot
    Imp Precise Shot

Will have the above for the feats, much happier now i'm not having to drop something for Hvy repeater.

Drow for his race currently might TR him into Human

Still got my lvl 1 Fighter / 8 Rogue Repeater build I made during headstart can't quite bring myself to delete him even though he is pretty gimp, one day i might give him a greater reincarnation...

Kambuk

edit: Hmm Can't fit Rapid Shot in...

Swap toughness for Rapid Shot?
    Last edited by Kambuk; 08-10-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambuk View Post
    I'm currently working on a 6 Rogue 14 Bard Repeater build.

Currently at 5 Rogue 8 Bard, I used a +3 lesser on him when they made the changed to mechanic.

Only 3 more bubbles to +9 damage from his 29 int he will have at lvl 14.

Even without it he's doing ok damage with the bardsongs going.

Thanks for the tips, was trying to decide on spending a feat on Heavy repeater or not looks like it will be light repeater all the way once I hit lvl 14

Toughness
    Extend
    Rapid Reload
    Point Blank
    Imp Crit
    Precise Shot
    Imp Precise Shot

Will have the above for the feats, much happier now i'm not having to drop something for Hvy repeater.

Drow for his race currently might TR him into Human

Still got my lvl 1 Fighter / 8 Rogue Repeater build I made during headstart can't quite bring myself to delete him even though he is pretty gimp, one day i might give him a greater reincarnation...

Kambuk
    Kambuk: Yeah, in the case of your 6/14 rogue/bard, I wouldn't bother with taking Heavy Repeater Feat. It is one thing to receive Light and Heavy for free as a Mechanic II, but with only 6 levels of rogue, free light repeater feat is good. IMO, good choice.

If we get you all into this thread at once we can wipe you out in one go. Post away repeater Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Consumer
    If we get you all into this thread at once we can wipe you out in one go. Post away repeater Rogues.
    You still have to put up with us elusive repeater clerics though.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast