Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Talking found a loop hole

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Yeah -- I'll see about adding a tooltip for that so it's clear what it does.

I'm still trying to figure out a clean way to get the item information to appear in the drop downs. Having issues with some of the descriptions as I'm trying to creating a "minimized" version of the text, but will hopefully have the test version of this change out soon.
    I put the page in compatability mode and the all the text was there so idk if that helps or not
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

In game: Khyber. In Reality: somewhere along the path of insanity.

Very fun, so far using it to plan my GS Greatsword (got the Tier 1 Shard ready, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE GREATSWORD! ) and a set of gloves (they are Tier 2, working on the deleted effect right now, just need a Large Sulfurous Stone to finish it and get to the Tier 3 Upgrade).

Haven't found any bugs, but I'll still keep a lookout.

EDIT: got the Greatsword, Tier 2 took very little to get to.
    Last edited by Zectarash; 04-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Khyber: Foluke The Cobra Warrior ~ Trty 5 Izzam the Hunter ~ Ranger 13
    I'll swallow your sanity...

Community Member

I've completed my changes to the logic and some of the UI feedback pieces on my crafting planner. I've had a few people "beta test" it for me and they haven't found any issues with the crafting process on it now going in either direction.

Before I move this up to the primary location, I was hoping to get a little more feedback from a larger base. If any of you would be willing to try it out for me and let me know if it works better / makes more sense, I would greatly appreciate it.

Things changed

1. Updated filter logic to correctly filter upwards and downwards (i.e. if you select a tier 1 first or a Tier 3 bonus effect first)
    2. Adjusted UI to inactivate drop downs while data is populating to prevent invalid builds
    3. Adjusted feedback for required selections
    4. Adjusted text output for clarity
    5. Converted to ASPX to try to solve the delay issues
    6. Added color coding of the tier 3 shards to clearly delineate which effect will be on the item
    7. Adjusted logic for tier 3 shards to try to block all possible invalid builds

New Beta Planner URL

Again, any and all feedback (both positive or negative) would be appreciated.
    It will be nice if you add function like possible variation of items from amount of available collectibles. For example: I have different ingredients - small, medium, large etc... I will enter amount of all available ingredients that I have into appropriate fields and your script will show everything that I can create right now for selection!

Also, I have question: does HP Regeneration effect from different tiers replace each other or not?
    Last edited by hohohohoololo; 06-21-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Community Member

Default some bad info at try creating a GS Cloak

hello, today i try made a GS Cloak (dex based) air fire air fire (+45hp, displacement x2/day, 20% concealment permanent)
    and when i do tier 1 the components are wrong, say this:
    Make 1 Cloudy Gem of Escalation by combining
    Small Length of Infernal Chain, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, and Shavarath Low Energy Cell
    Make 1 Diluted Material Essence by combining
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, and Shavarath Low Energy Cell
    Make 1 Inferior Focus of Fire by combining
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Gnawed Bone, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, and Shavarath Low Energy Cell

with this, i got wizardry VI and exceptional inteligence NOT dexterity...

the real components is:

Make one (1) Inferior Focus of Air by combining
    , , , ,
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Gnawed Bone, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
    Make one (1) Cloudy Gem of Escalation by combining
    , , , ,
    Small Length of Infernal Chain, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
    Make one (1) Diluted Material Essence by combining
    , , , ,
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

this is the REAL and GOOD and right combination...

so pleas guys try to fix the web of http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/ or tell the guy who make this up...

now i waste a lot of components a lot of time farming and a GS Cloak... i wish some day exist how decrafting a GreenSteel... maybe some day or maybe some year...

greetings.

Arathir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ftoskano View Post
    Greensteel mistake
    Well, I put in your intended recipe, and got back the correct recipe - also tried fire/air (tier 3 is combined fire/air for either recipe), which would have also gotten what you wanted.

Problem is, the fire/escalation/material combination you listed as what you used, had that been the recipe you were given, would have gotten what you wanted, you would just need to switch the tier 2 recipe (the fire/air/whatever combo above).

One possibility that might have gotten Wiz VI/int skills +1 (fire/escalation/ethereal) into the recipe is if you chose, say, Smoke I or II first, the list narrows, and puts the recipe you got one step above your desired +10 hp/dex skills +1. Another is you accidentally put in one wrong ingredient:

Material=arrowhead/scale/stone/shrapnel
    Ethereal=arrowhead/scale/stone/chain

Here's hoping they put in GS deconstruction soon anyway, I have a bunch of old stuff that I'd like some ingredients back from
    General mischief maker and trap spring... I mean... disarmer. No really! I swear I had no idea that trap was there!

*EDIT*

Poster above me laid it out better than I did

-JJ

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WolfHealr View Post
    Well, I put in your intended recipe, and got back the correct recipe - also tried fire/air (tier 3 is combined fire/air for either recipe), which would have also gotten what you wanted.

Problem is, the fire/escalation/material combination you listed as what you used, had that been the recipe you were given, would have gotten what you wanted, you would just need to switch the tier 2 recipe (the fire/air/whatever combo above).

One possibility that might have gotten Wiz VI/int skills +1 (fire/escalation/ethereal) into the recipe is if you chose, say, Smoke I or II first, the list narrows, and puts the recipe you got one step above your desired +10 hp/dex skills +1. Another is you accidentally put in one wrong ingredient:

Material=arrowhead/scale/stone/shrapnel
    Ethereal=arrowhead/scale/stone/chain

Here's hoping they put in GS deconstruction soon anyway, I have a bunch of old stuff that I'd like some ingredients back from
    i use 2 diferent creator listed below:
    http://crafting.cubicleninja.com/
    http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php

when i use the perfecweb and try made tier 1... gimme a bad list... and when use the cubicleninja, this gimme a right componets to make the tier... i put a lot of attention coz i have a limited material to do my cloak =( damn i need farming more xD...

i hope the decontruction come soon maybe in the next upgrade... if this happen im gonna so happy.

greeting folks

Quote Originally Posted by ftoskano View Post
    i use 2 diferent creator listed below:
    http://crafting.cubicleninja.com/
    http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php

when i use the perfecweb and try made tier 1... gimme a bad list... and when use the cubicleninja, this gimme a right componets to make the tier... i put a lot of attention coz i have a limited material to do my cloak =( damn i need farming more xD...

i hope the decontruction come soon maybe in the next upgrade... if this happen im gonna so happy.

greeting folks
    Those are both sites created by me and they both use the same data for them, it's just presented in two different formats.

To get +10 hp, +1 Dexterity skills you can use either:
    • Air/Escalation/Material
    • Fire/Escalation/Material

To get the Wizardry VI, +1 Intelligence skills you can use either:
    • Negative/Escalation/Ethereal
    • Fire/Escalation/Ethereal

I'd bet that something got confused and you ended up making:
    Fire/Escalation/Ethereal instead of Fire/Escalation/Material.

The recipes for ethereal vs. material are very close:

Material takes:
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

Ethereal takes:
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Length of Infernal Chain, Small Devil Scales, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

It's possible that somehow a length of chain got into the mixer instead of the shrapnel that you wanted.

I've double checked the recipes against the wiki and other planners and I cannot seem to find any errors with the recipes presented.

- JJ

*edit*

If you happen to be on Thelanis, I'd be willing to help you with the ingredients to get started on another cloak though, just because I understand how much it can stink to get something you weren't wanting.

Community Member

Those are both sites created by me and they both use the same data for them, it's just presented in two different formats.

To get +10 hp, +1 Dexterity skills you can use either:
    • Air/Escalation/Material
    • Fire/Escalation/Material

To get the Wizardry VI, +1 Intelligence skills you can use either:
    • Negative/Escalation/Ethereal
    • Fire/Escalation/Ethereal

I'd bet that something got confused and you ended up making:
    Fire/Escalation/Ethereal instead of Fire/Escalation/Material.

The recipes for ethereal vs. material are very close:

Material takes:

Ethereal takes:
    Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Length of Infernal Chain, Small Devil Scales, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

It's possible that somehow a length of chain got into the mixer instead of the shrapnel that you wanted.

I've double checked the recipes against the wiki and other planners and I cannot seem to find any errors with the recipes presented.

- JJ

*edit*

If you happen to be on Thelanis, I'd be willing to help you with the ingredients to get started on another cloak though, just because I understand how much it can stink to get something you weren't wanting.
    ty for that man, u are very kind... maybe i make a mistake o take a bad notes... just i need try again xP

Probably too difficult to do, but personally I always wished there was a checkbox to filter out all skill related boosts. If I'm browsing which effects I can add to an item I know I don't really care if I can add Swim +5 to my item.
    Moved to Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbinder View Post
    Probably too difficult to do, but personally I always wished there was a checkbox to filter out all skill related boosts. If I'm browsing which effects I can add to an item I know I don't really care if I can add Swim +5 to my item.
    Same to spell boosters, like potency, ardor, inferno, etc. Spell Focus items too, but since there are only 16 of them, and they are not all grouped together, we can ignore it easily.

Maybe adding an option to the box like "Skill +X" and "Greater element III", that activates a second box where you choose your skill/element.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbinder View Post
    Are you referring to the greensteel planner in this thread or my cannith crafting planner? It sounds like you're talking about the cannith planner, but I just want to make sure because of the thread this is in

-JJ

Myself, I'm talking about the cannith crafting.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

sad part is that when i followed the instructions to make a lit 2 heavy repeater it wouldn't make the double imbued shard so now i have 2 chain lighting clicky items and i followed it to the letter
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Quote Originally Posted by rsking View Post
    sad part is that when i followed the instructions to make a lit 2 heavy repeater it wouldn't make the double imbued shard so now i have 2 chain lighting clicky items and i followed it to the letter
    Hrm, I've not seen that issue crop up before and I actually just made one two weeks ago for my artificer. Could you let me know the exact selections you made for the different tiers and I'll try to track down what caused the issue for you? From my checks I just did all of the recipes on my planner that lead to lit 2 are correct (compared to wiki and the other web based GS planner), but it's possible I overlooked something so getting your exact steps will help me make sure all is right in the world.

-JJ

k i'm seeing if i can retreive the file i saved it in right now and i deleted alot of files when i was transfering my files over to my new computer

Are you referring to the greensteel planner in this thread or my cannith crafting planner? It sounds like you're talking about the cannith planner, but I just want to make sure because of the thread this is in

-JJ
    Whoops, yep, Cannith not Greensteel. Rolled a 1 on thread comprehension apparently.
    Moved to Guild Wars 2

ok i couldn't find the document i saved it in but everything was fine until i got to tier 3 then it all went south i remade the item with every thing the same as the document i had heres the link http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/b...&altC=0&type=i

Quote Originally Posted by rsking View Post
    ok i couldn't find the document i saved it in but everything was fine until i got to tier 3 then it all went south i remade the item with every thing the same as the document i had heres the link http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/b...&altC=0&type=i
    Alright, I'll look into it. That's almost identical ( I didn't do the +1 AC at tier 1) to the one I made for my artificer so not sure why it didn't work.

You said it wouldn't let you combine the shards to make the dual shard? Do you still have the two shards you made so we can verify that you got the Air/Dominion/ Material and the Positive/Dominion/Material shards. Comparing the recipe to the wiki and to the montreal planner gives the exact same instructions, so I cannot fathom why it won't let you make the dual shard.

-JJ

i believe i have one still not sure which one though i'll check

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast