Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default Maintenance time amusment: odes to haste

    i'm bored.

    this is prime time DDO time for me.

    DENIED

    ok... so like odes to haste... take a song/ditty/poem whatever and put in how much you love haste (or anything else DDOish i guess...)

    i'm going to start with something easy... it's from a Really REally old TV show (i think...i've seen reruns and that's the only place i've seen it) called 'string'... but now its...


    Haste Haste Haste Haste
    Everybody loves Haste
    Haste Haste Haste Haste
    Everybody loves Haste...

    Haste on your barb
    Haste on your fight
    Everybody agrees
    Haste is right.

    hmm... lemme see if i can youtube it... oh there... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlOSjpIbFs

    i'm sure others can get better than this... i'll have another go in a bit...
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    i...love you

  3. #3
    Community Member Spoprockel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Candy Mountain
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Edit: nothing about haste, but DDOish

    You!
    I wanna take you to the Lobster,
    I wanna take you to the Lobster,
    I wanna take you to the Lobster, Lobster, Lobster.

    Let's start a war, start a noobish war,
    At the Lobster, Lobster, Lobster.
    Wow! (Shout out loud)
    At the Lobster.

    Now tell me do ya, a do ya have any money?
    I wanna spend all your money,
    At the Lobster, Lobster, Lobster.

    [Pause]

    I've got something to put in you,
    I've got something to put in you,
    I've got something to put in you,
    At the Lobster, Lobster, Lobster.
    Wow! (Shout out loud)

    You're a superstar, at the Lobster.
    You're a superstar, at the Lobster.
    Yeah! you're a superstar, at the Lobster.
    You're a superstar, at the Lobster.
    Superstar.
    Super, super, superstar


    ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI

    ;P

  4. #4
    Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Betwixt Velah's two front teeth
    Posts
    499

    Default oh boy

    to a little George Michael ditty:



    There's things that you guess
    And things that you know
    There's wizzies that you trust
    And sorcs that you don't
    There's little things you hide
    And little things that you show
    Sometimes you think you're gonna get it
    But you don't and that's just the way it goes

    I swear I won't tease you
    Won't tell you no lies
    I don't need no wiki
    Just look in my eyes
    I've waited so long baby
    Now that we're friends
    Every barbs' got his patience
    And here's where my ends

    I want your haste
    I want your buffs
    I want your.....haste

    It's playing on my mind
    It's dancing on my soul
    It's taken so much time
    So why don't you just let it go
    I'd really like to try
    Oh, I'd really love to know
    When you tell me you're gonna regret it
    Then I tell you that I'll buff you but you still say NO!

    I swear I won't tease you
    Won't tell you no lies
    I don't need no wiki
    Just look in my eyes
    I've waited so long baby
    Running from kobolds
    I can't take much more
    I'm losing control

    I want your haste
    I want your buffs
    I want your.....haste

    It's natural
    It's chemical (just do it)
    It's logical
    Habitual (can you do it?)
    It's magical
    But most of all.....
    Haste is something that we should do
    Haste is something for me and you

    Haste is natural - haste is good
    Not every wizzie does it
    But every wizzie should
    Haste is natural - haste is fun
    Haste is best when it's....six on one
    Six on one

    I'm not your Cleric
    I'm not your rogue
    Talk to your pally
    I am a t-a-a-a-nk

    C-c-c-c-come on

    What's your defintion of DPS baby
    What do you consider multiclassed
    Don't you know I kill till it hurts me baby
    Don't you think it's time you gave haste to me

    What's your defintion of DPS baby
    What do you call multiclassed
    Don't you know I kill till it hurts me baby
    Don't you think it's time you gave haste to me

    Haste to me
    Haste to me
    "Haste on me"

    C-c-c-c-come on

    -Kep
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

  5. #5
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    oh and feel free to add to/change/extend my half-a$$ed efforts btw...

    Addicted to haste - a la Robert Palmer (sans chicks 'cos this is like... . you know... typed...)

    The quest is on, your friend's inside
    From your need you can not hide
    Your axe swings, you turn around
    Where is that arcane that you found?
    You rage it up, you barrel break
    Another buff is what it takes,
    You take a pot, that's not enough
    30 seconds to do it rough.

    Woah, you'd like to think that your immune to the stuff, oh yeah
    It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
    You know your going to have to face it your addicted to haste.




    ... i'll get around to more later ... or someone else can do it...
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  6. #6
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    awesomely funny guys - but don't link to anything dodgey on this family forum - maybe a blanked out version exists?
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  7. #7
    Community Member testing1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    725

    Default

    nice one,
    can just imagine a full hord of forums zombies shambling towards me drooling "hasteee"

  8. #8
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    ok... like EVERYONE can haiku... 3, 7, 5 sylables (other forms exist), a season, a feeling.


    they buff me,
    as i stand in subterrean,
    but where is my haste???!?!!!!
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  9. #9
    Community Member Raveneia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    130

    Default

    LOL Mel...

    Yeah I agree prime time for me too...soo bored and would really love to be getting my pali to 17 atm but nope stupid downtime!

    Why can't they do it during the US primetime? just for once


    Khyber~~~~Violeita Cellestina Violeit Soriien Souleita Fatileita Raveneia
    Blessed Be ¸.•..¸.•*..¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•..,

  10. #10
    Community Member Bjornsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    22

    Default

    If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; ha-aste.
    If you wanna get down, down on the ground; ha-aste.
    She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie; ha-aste.

    When your day is done and you wanna run; ha-aste.
    If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues; ha-aste.
    She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie; ha-aste.

    If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on; ha-aste.
    Don't forget this fact, you can't get it back; ha-aste.
    She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie; ha-aste .
    --------------------------------------------------
    proud member of Spellbinders since Feb 2008
    --------------------------------------------------

  11. #11
    Community Member Boldrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepli_Moonshadow View Post
    to a little George Michael ditty:



    There's things that you guess
    And things that you know
    There's wizzies that you trust
    And sorcs that you don't
    There's little things you hide
    And little things that you show
    Sometimes you think you're gonna get it
    But you don't and that's just the way it goes

    I swear I won't tease you
    Won't tell you no lies
    I don't need no wiki
    Just look in my eyes
    I've waited so long baby
    Now that we're friends
    Every barbs' got his patience
    And here's where my ends

    I want your haste
    I want your buffs
    I want your.....haste

    It's playing on my mind
    It's dancing on my soul
    It's taken so much time
    So why don't you just let it go
    I'd really like to try
    Oh, I'd really love to know
    When you tell me you're gonna regret it
    Then I tell you that I'll buff you but you still say NO!

    I swear I won't tease you
    Won't tell you no lies
    I don't need no wiki
    Just look in my eyes
    I've waited so long baby
    Running from kobolds
    I can't take much more
    I'm losing control

    I want your haste
    I want your buffs
    I want your.....haste

    It's natural
    It's chemical (just do it)
    It's logical
    Habitual (can you do it?)
    It's magical
    But most of all.....
    Haste is something that we should do
    Haste is something for me and you

    Haste is natural - haste is good
    Not every wizzie does it
    But every wizzie should
    Haste is natural - haste is fun
    Haste is best when it's....six on one
    Six on one

    I'm not your Cleric
    I'm not your rogue
    Talk to your pally
    I am a t-a-a-a-nk

    C-c-c-c-come on

    What's your defintion of DPS baby
    What do you consider multiclassed
    Don't you know I kill till it hurts me baby
    Don't you think it's time you gave haste to me

    What's your defintion of DPS baby
    What do you call multiclassed
    Don't you know I kill till it hurts me baby
    Don't you think it's time you gave haste to me

    Haste to me
    Haste to me
    "Haste on me"

    C-c-c-c-come on

    -Kep

    This is epic!!!
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveneia View Post
    LOL Mel...

    Yeah I agree prime time for me too...soo bored and would really love to be getting my pali to 17 atm but nope stupid downtime!

    Why can't they do it during the US primetime? just for once
    ****** Vio.. hurry up and TR so you can Haste my lowbie Gimps!
    Roldon - L16 Whirling tempest of gimp.. now TR3'd for extra super double gimp : Lauralis - L22 FvS: Roldocron - L20 ArchFail : Roldobot - L20 LotB FvS: Roldyn - L21 Rogbarian, i can has disable.. after i find trap with face... : Roldyne - L20 Bardouge, i can has disable... after someone else finds trap with face... Proud gimp of BeiberLu.. i mean Wanderlust

  13. #13
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    This is epic!!!
    agreed.

    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  14. #14
    Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Betwixt Velah's two front teeth
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    agreed.

    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Why thank you. Added to sig for full effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

  15. #15
    Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Betwixt Velah's two front teeth
    Posts
    499

    Default What the heck?

    For as awesome as this thread was STARTING to become, it just fizzles and dies?

    NO WAY.

    I hereby BUMP this thread, because I believe it has the potential to become EPIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

  16. #16
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepli_Moonshadow View Post
    For as awesome as this thread was STARTING to become, it just fizzles and dies?

    NO WAY.

    I hereby BUMP this thread, because I believe it has the potential to become EPIC.
    meh.

    another maintenance window next week. bump it then. by then i may have composed (recomposed? decomposed?) a sonnet!
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  17. #17
    Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Betwixt Velah's two front teeth
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    meh.

    another maintenance window next week. bump it then. by then i may have composed (recomposed? decomposed?) a sonnet!
    oooooh I likes sonnets. Mebbee we can necro the thread after U6
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

  18. #18
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by testing1234 View Post
    nice one,
    can just imagine a full hord of forums zombies shambling towards me drooling "hasteee"
    lol and +1
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload