Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default Great Ideas

Anything that expands this game is a good idea the more that is added the better it will be

expand wilderness expand everything

add mini games and gambling in taverns if you want to limit gambling make it gem only not plat that way you have to quest to gamble

Actually, in the Phoenix Tavern...in the back you USED to be able to gamble. Not sure if it's still there though....it's on the other side of the PvP pit.
    The Misfit Toys
    Nerate, Tarene, Lupina, Satina, Throckmorton, Dramain, Yarka, Unka, Cryptstalker, Scurd, Steadyhanded, Zonaari

Armor Dye Kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerate_Mireth View Post
    Actually, in the Phoenix Tavern...in the back you USED to be able to gamble. Not sure if it's still there though....it's on the other side of the PvP pit.
    It's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    um... Argonnessen has a limited population of carniverous dinosaurs but other places do not. Trying to draw a conclusion from that statement that carnivores have been wiped out by dragons accross the world is stretching it a bit... considering that Halflings in Talenta ride them and they actually have stats for them in the books... I'd say that's a fairly safe thing to say.

and the "catch phrase" is meant to let people know that if you want something specific in your world there is no reason it can't be there. There are Kender if you really want Kender... they just aren't, as a whole, part of the main world plot.

Aesop
    You don't know your Eberron history very well then. At one time Dragons ruled ALL of Eberron's continents. There's a dragon graveyard near the Talenta Plains. The Draconic Prophecies are spread throughout the Eberron continents.

Quoted from Player's Guide to Eberron, page 42.

Once the world was formed, dragons struggled for dominion over it. There may be no written historical records of this age, but the legends are more than mythology: Ruins from the Age of Demons still stand in the Shadow Marches, in Q'barra, in Xen'drik, and (presumably) in Argonessen. These lands still bear physical signs of the war that raged for a million years between the first dragons and the fiends of Khyber. In the end, thanks to the sacrifice of the couatls, the dragons were victorious.

Now, this, added to the previous statements, most carnivorous dinosaurs were eliminated by the dragons. As for the ones on the Talenta Plains, read the descriptions. Not one of them is bigger than an elephant. And, as I said...what is left for dinosaurs would make for some pretty boring gaming compared to the other creatures out there.

Just because it CAN be added doesn't mean it should be added. And like I've said over and over again, there's alot more interesting creatures to put in that would lead to better story lines and quests.
    Last edited by Nerate_Mireth; 08-13-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    The Misfit Toys
    Nerate, Tarene, Lupina, Satina, Throckmorton, Dramain, Yarka, Unka, Cryptstalker, Scurd, Steadyhanded, Zonaari

Armor Dye Kits?

Quote Originally Posted by underpants View Post
    Anything that expands this game is a good idea the more that is added the better it will be

expand wilderness expand everything

add mini games and gambling in taverns if you want to limit gambling make it gem only not plat that way you have to quest to gamble
    Commenting on RED; not every addition is a good addition. Just listen to the screams sometimes when new fluff gets added.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    1. Choose Your Own Death Penalty
    This is interesting... for this to work, you'd probably need some Perma-Death only leet loot or something to make the more severe penalties worth while.

2. Character Name Options

/signed by many long ago

3. Character Titles or Badges
    Meh, although 'crate-slayer' might be a worthy goal.

4. Mini-games

this, this, this and \signed
    side games have been Final Fantasy staples, in MUDs and games since before MMO was an acronym.
    Many times, I'm not on to run anything in particular, or just waiting out an auction. Some games in the tavern would rock. What adventurer doesn't hold a penchant for tavern gaming?

5. Player Controlled Monsters
    LOTRO has this. far from the worse thing in the world.

6. Player Created Dungeons

I'm for this, but never happen IMO.

7. Familiars and Pets
    Always been a fan of summoning, but the AI pretty much relegates it to flavor. Perhaps additional buff or other helpful things could work.

8. More Randomization in Dungeons
    'Hand crafted' seems to be synonymous with hard-coded... change is good, more than trying to find which !@#$@#!$# cell Venn's stuck in. Random runes etc.
    I'd like to see the bonus for disabling traps displayed on finish.. i.e. How do you know there are 9 more traps? Only super-villians provide maps and plans to tout their superiority.

9. Huge Wilderness Zone
    This will only incur mount-debate insurgents.

10. Rogue Only Secrets
    *shrug* the WF runs through it either way... neither for or against it.

11. Dark Dungeons
    Neat concept, WW / Delera's / Necropolis etc are just brutal in the morning for me.

12. Uses for Gems
    I always thought the gems were put there as a TBD they never got around to doing something with.

13. Permanent Curses and Afflictions
    Only if their socially transmittable, fix them auction vultures
    Actually, tying this to the perma-death / penalty tiers and the bigger risk = bigger reward concept would be ultimate.

14. More high level solo quests - class specific?
    \signed, fan of soloing.

15. Ropes, Hooks and Moveable Objects
    This would open up more interesting mechanics / quest options.

16. Spears
    Pole-arms and more selections in general... should be more than Kopesh vs DAxe etc

17. New Monsters
    first new critter needs to be Druid.. then i'm all for whatever... especially if said druid can summon it.

18. Height and Weight Adjustment
    *shrug* but why not.

19. Bard Songs
    More songs, different instruments... multi-bard spells that would fix the 'sry, We already have a bard' syndrome.

20. Personal Character Spaces
    Huge pack rat, so I'm never say no to this, and still have to sell / repair every other run for space.

21. More Happenings - Random and other wise
    More active DM / GM / GS 'visibly' involved would be nice as well.

22. Gnomes
    I don't really know much about the eberron setting, but afaic, I can't say I pay that much attention to anything about NPC's. Well, I know Nym's a Drow, and Ryo's not, and that's about the end of the list...
    Hrm... maybe use the gems to trade for gnome buffs with enough house favor?
    For the TL;DR, while most of its 'fluff', I think it's the little things that make the 'whole' stand out.
    But, searchable auction really needs to be priority 0
    Remember the little people, if for no other reason than to better savor the squishy sound they make as you roll over them.

Cleric, Rogue, UMD - Because Grease Clickies Have Consequences.
    There are no bad builds, only Characters with High End-Game Mule Potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarro View Post
    For the TL;DR, while most of its 'fluff', I think it's the little things that make the 'whole' stand out.
    But, searchable auction really needs to be priority 0
    This has already been announced as coming.

I will give you the exact wording from page 279 of the Eberron Campaign Settings from the Chapter on Monsters, subheading Dinosaurs:

Dinosaurs are widespread on Eberron, particularly in Xen'drik, Argonnessen, Q'barra, and the Talenta Plains. Large varieties wander freely across Xen'drik, including both herbivores and carnivores, while the dragons of Argonnessen have mostly eliminated the carnivorous varieties from their realm. Smaller dinosaurs are the rule.

Reading ANYTHING about the Dragons of Argonnessen you will know they consider all of Eberron their realm.
    Uhh. Fail on the reading comprehension there, chum.

You have made an invalid assumption; that the realm of the dragons is the whole of Eberron. It is clearly (and repeatedly) stated in most of the Eberron sourcebooks that Argonnessen is the current realm of the dragons. Yes, at one time they lived across all of Eberron... however, your base assumption about the dragons killing off dinosaurs everywhere is contradicted in the SAME text you quoted!

How can you misinterpret "Large varieties wander freely across Xen'drik, including both herbivores and carnivores, while..." ? The author CLEARLY intended the realm of dragons to mean solely Argonnessen and not the entirety of Eberron.

That word "while" acts as a conjunction in that sentance indicating two separate events occuring at the same time. Big dinosaurs roam Xen'drik and at the same time the dragons of Argonnessen have wiped out most of the carniverous ones in the realm of Argonnessen.

Quoted from Player's Guide to Eberron, page 42.

Once the world was formed, dragons struggled for dominion over it. There may be no written historical records of this age, but the legends are more than mythology: Ruins from the Age of Demons still stand in the Shadow Marches, in Q'barra, in Xen'drik, and (presumably) in Argonessen. These lands still bear physical signs of the war that raged for a million years between the first dragons and the fiends of Khyber. In the end, thanks to the sacrifice of the couatls, the dragons were victorious.

Now, this, added to the previous statements, most carnivorous dinosaurs were eliminated by the dragons.
    Failed logic. You are assuming that the entire world was the realm of the dragons historically, while the above quoite clearly indicates that they were but one group that was fighting for control of the world. At what point in that quote does it ever indicate that the dinosaurs were wiped out? Nothing.

Furthermore, as I pointed out before, your reading of the statement is flawed. The author is clearly stating that large carniverous dinosaurs are currently alive and well on the continent of Xen'drik even though they have been wiped out on Argonnessen.

Edited to add:
    All of the above argumentation aside, I fully agree with you that there are better, more interesting, and more enjoyable monsters that could be added to give an Eberron specific flavor to the game.
    Last edited by Primalhowl; 08-13-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Not going to sit here and argue back and forth. YOU interpret it one way, I interpret it another. Just like you prefer one kind of drink and I prefer another. It's all in interpretation and opinion. MY interpretation, based off all the reading I've done, is that the majority of the dinosaurs LEFT in Eberron are of the small to medium size. That interpretation comes from the fact that even most creation myths about Eberron in it's history state that the Dragons were the first rulers of the planet. And that they made sacrifices when the fate of the planet was them or the Quori. When you're a dragon, what better meal than a dinosaur? And how better to keep your food supply going than to eliminate the carnivores.

For you to sit there and tell me my logic is failed, is like telling me my beliefs IRL are wrong. As I said, YOU interpret things one way, I interpret them another. And the heart of my original statement was meant to be along the lines of there are ALOT better choices for monsters to be added to the game than dinosaurs. I'd LOVE to see a whole update centered around the Quori and their hideous creations. But that would have to wait until they added psionics in some believable form to the game.
    The Misfit Toys

Armor Dye Kits?

Not sure why I'm bothering but... reread the quote that you posted.

"Dinosaurs are widespread on Eberron, particularly in Xen'drik, Argonnessen, Q'barra, and the Talenta Plains. Large varieties wander freely across Xen'drik, including both herbivores and carnivores, while the dragons of Argonnessen have mostly eliminated the carnivorous varieties from their realm. Smaller dinosaurs are the rule"

now break it down

1. Dinosaurs are widespread on Eberron

2. Particularly in Xen'drik, Argonnessen, Q'barra, and the Talenta Plains.

3. Large varieties wander freely across Xen'drik, including both herbivores and carnivores

4. while the dragons of Argonnessen have mostly eliminated the carnivorous varieties from their realm.

5. Smaller dinosaurs are the rule

so Dinosaurs are WIDESPREAD on Eberron

the heaviest populations are in X A Q and TP

Large varieties on xen'drik, this could be size or type but because of sentence structure and passage structure I'm leaning towards types.

Argo dragons have MOSTLY wiped out carnivorous varieties from their realm... now if they had said just the dragons had elinminated the carnivores that would be one thing but because the specified Argo that indicates the destruction to be more limited

Now the problem with the last sentence is that you didn't finish the quote.

This section was refering to the size of the Dinosaurs in Q and TP... where halflings use them as mounts

so to recap.

There are many Dinos on Eberron
    Especially on Xen'drik
    Agro has a low Carnivore Population because the dragons took out most of them
    Talenta and Q'barra have mostly smaller breed dinos several of which are used as mounts

whether or not Dragons think they own the world is of little to no relevence in this as the structure and content of the passage indicates that the Dragon Domain that was refered to therein was Argonnessen. It is not written from the Dragons point of view afterall.

Aesop
    Last edited by Aesop; 08-15-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primalhowl View Post
    Uhh. Fail on the reading comprehension there, chum.
    By the way, pointing out any kind of a mistake in someone's use of language is a violation of the forum rules.

It's not in the officially published rules, but the moderators will happily punish any poster who challenges the correctness of someone's reading. They don't care if it's the only way to help someone understand.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDante View Post
    Hey everyone,

1. Choose Your Own Death Penalty
    This would only be available at character creation. Options include but not limited to:
    - Equipment Damage + temp negative levels (current)
    - Experience Point Penalty (original)
    - Gold Penalty
    - Permanent Death - character must be rerolled (Hardcore players like this)
    - Permanent Detah after 3 or 4 or 5... deaths
    - Loss of equipped item; item chosen randomly. Will be returned to bank account if quest is completed

Not a good idea there would end up being a "Best" choice and anyone who didn't pick it would be at a diisadvantage...also imagine if you took the Permadeath one than decided not to do that anymore you would have to start over just to not be permadeath....besides if you want to do PD regulate yourself...there's a delete button :P

3. Character Titles or Badges
    These may or may not have an in game effect. Could be listed on MyDDO or character Bio. Maybe even
    a trophy for your guild air ship or something to put on your mantle in your Personal Character Space (see below)
    - Kill 100,000 creatures to earn the Creature Slayer Badge. (Kobold Slayer or Devil Slayer)
    - Complete 100 elite or epic raids to earn Master Raider Title (Master Raider of Plane of Night)

Waste of developer time...next

4. Mini-games
    Stuck somewhere waiting for a raid group to form? Bust out a deck of cards for a game of:
    - Three Dragon Ante.
    - Giant Bones (Dominoes)
    - Miniature Monster Races; each participating player gets a random monster figurine and places a wager (set by the initiating player), monsters race to the end of a track or maze, winner gets all of the prize money.

Go on the forums or break out your DS or something..again waste of developer time

5. Player Controlled Monsters
    Players that have attained a certain status (level, favor, Slayer title, etc.) can enter dungeons as certain creatures and fight against the party. The party would have to check a box at the start of the quest to allow it. There could be bonus set-up for the player controlling a monster and the party doing the quest. Cheating could be a problem with some players basically gimping their monsters or throwing quests.

Cool idea but way too much potential for griefing...also it would probably be a coding nightmare

Start simply with a one or two room dungeon creation contest. The top three entries get dungeons in the next update. Questing players can rate the dungeon - similar to the reputation on the forums but in game. From there you can broaden the access so that players of a certain status and/or have enough gold or DDO points can purchase dungeon rooms, accoutrements, creatures, traps, etc and build a dungeon. The dungeon can be submitted and if approved, can be released in the next update.

Awesome idea but it would have to be highly regulated...like a Dev dedicated to reviewing anything submitted.....maybe just a new forum section specifically used to suggest features or puzzles for upcoming quests (ie. I want to have a drinking contest with a beholder...I loved Delirium

7. Familiars and Pets
    You are almost there with the Iron Companion series and Hirelings. Would it not be cool to see a wizard with a raven on his staff or a ranger with a wolf following him.

We do have summons/Nature's ally but a "Familiar" that actually affects our skills and/or levels up....not necessarily a combatent would be cool

8. More Randomization in Dungeons
    Every trap box should have 3 to 7 random locations. There should be random trap placements in addition to set locations. Where did that hobgoblin come from?? Random wandering monsters who may or may not appear in each in every quest instance. Move the breakables around. Sometimes doors that were not locked the last time you ran the quest are now locked (Where is that pocket rogue?)

Yes yes yes a million times yes...you can replace DA with this :P

9. Huge Wilderness Zone
    Think 100 times bigger than the desert. It could be instanced if needed. You could introduce mounts or wagons to traverse it quicker. As you get deeper into the wilderness the monsters become tougher, up to epic. You can set-up a camp to rest, rangers would be better able to find "safe" campsites.

NO mounts,NO "Huge" zone that gives people an excuse to want mounts...the zpnes are plenty big now....besides who needs mounts when you have haste

10. Rogue Only Secrets
    Why are trap boxes shown to everyone in the party when the rogue searches? I can understand the traps themselves, but the control boxes should only be seen by the rogue until after it is disabled. Also, how about secret compartment in chests that only a rogue can locate? Possible bonus loot for having a rogue around.

Yes searcher only (not rogue only since alot of toons take search..but similar idea) makes alot of sense...and secret compartment yes anything that makes my rogue more useful

11. Dark Dungeons
    I liked the concept in the Rainbow in the Dark quest of having limited lighting. Why not give players the option of having some quests darkened? They could go to the store to get torches or sunstones. Some weapons should radiate light. Wizards and Sorcerers can actually use the light spell or dancing lights or continual flame. Player's could craft a continual flame item or add continual flame to an existing item in the Stome of Change. Some races could have dark vision added to their racial abilities. You could kick the xp up for doing dungeon with the dark option on or provide some unique end rewards.

I just want said "Torch" awesome effects :P but yeah I do like dungeons with unique qualities...mind you putting it in more quests would sorta lose it's appeal so I'm netral on this one

12. Uses for Gems
    Gems are kind of a nuisance now. They are basically gold that takes up a precious inventory slot, yes even the gem bags take up a slot. How about using them in crafting? Or maybe an in game vendor will only accept certain kinds of gems for his wares. They could used as adornments for your armor/robes/outfit.

yes make gems do something anything

13. Permanent Curses and Afflictions
    Bring back the permanent curses and afflications but maybe at higher levels. There are consequences for questing without a cleric or not being prepared. Heck I think it would be neat to get a curse that could only be removed by doing another quest. It could be a solo quest to find the cure. The level of the quest would match the level of the curse. Some permanent curses and afflications fould include:
    - Flesh to Stone - without a Stone to Flesh spell you must slash death or some how get one. Maybe one of
    you fellow adventurers could carry you out of the dungeon to a tavern or your guild airship
    - Lyncanthropy
    - Blinded
    - Deafened
    - Different level of Bestow Curse - Supreme, Greater, Improved, Normal, Lesser

Yeah don't do that...clerics have enough of a god complex without giving them the ability to "Sell" remove curse...besdies it would just cause people to avoid those quests or just outright quit the game

14. More high level solo quests - class specific?
    Yea, my level 20 can solo a bunch of quests that are not intended to be solo'd. But the quest Raiding the Giant's Vault on the Isle of Forgotten Dreams was a good concept. What if you had a solo quests that was designed for high level rogues or monks or barbarians? Quests that would require them to use their special class abilities.

see the first 5 words of the suggestion "More high level solo quests" yeah those ones...take that and make it More high level quest (aka 16-20)...epic doesn't count" yeah there now its perfect

16. Spears
    Give the players spears as weapons. Do I really need to say anymore here?

Personally I'd rather more exotic weapons like a Tri-Nunchuku or something but I wouldn't complain if they added Spears if they made them unique somehow and not just another 2-Hander

17. New Monsters...reskins don't count

Fixed it :P

18. Height and Weight Adjustment
    At character creation, gives us a slider the will adjust the height and weight of the character within racial
    proportions. I want to see short, fat halfling clerics running around.

No objections

20. Personal Character Spaces
    Gives the characters some place to call home. Level 1 could start with a pile of hay in a barn on Korthos. A few coins a month will net you a cot at the inn. A few more coins will get you a private room. Guild Air Ships could have quarters. Every member starts with hammock in the main crew quarter area. Eventually you could get a private cabin. Within this personal character space you could put a chest to store your loot. Add a fire place, some paintings and art for ambiance. Maybe a trophy case or mantle to display your achievements. You could have a magical bed that cures you of various things if you rest in it. Maybe if you are really rich and powerful you could purchase a townhouse within Stormreach.

Not really needed...also note that a guild can have up to 1000 members....thats alot of bunks....so no

21. More Happenings - Random and other wise
    I really like the weather and the movement of night and day. I also like the Devil attack server event. I would like to see more things like this. Gangs of urchins could accost you demanding coins. If you don't then they pickpocket all of your coppers. A bunch of NPCs could get into a tavern brawl. Maids should beat out sheets from second story windows. A dog is loose in the market, cats prowl the docks, fishing boats sail in and out.

Anything that makes the world feel a bit more "Real" is good in my books...immersion FTW...oh and devs ditch the signs

22. Gnomes
    Not as a playable race but as NPCs. They are the keepers of knowledge and communication and elemental binding. Introduce the House of Sivis. Maybe create a quest where helping the gnomes gains you the opportunity of getting them to identify what one of your eldritch, tempest or sovereign runes is.

As others have said the "House" of Sivis isn't actually a physical place and as far as the runes they should just say the effect in the description in the chest...the game obviously "Knows" which is which because its separates them.
    Answeres in red
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Start simply with a one or two room dungeon creation contest. The top three entries get dungeons in the next update. Questing players can rate the dungeon - similar to the reputation on the forums but in game. From there you can broaden the access so that players of a certain status and/or have enough gold or DDO points can purchase dungeon rooms, accoutrements, creatures, traps, etc and build a dungeon. The dungeon can be submitted and if approved, can be released in the next update.
    I used to play City of Heroes, and they implemented something similar to this right before I left the game. It was abused the first few months it came out by players who used it to farm xp/gold/items. The people who created it got mad, and passed out retroactive bans to people who did this several weeks after the fact.

IMO this would work great here, providing they don't release it with the capability to exploit encounters.

I am not certain that an NPC taking your money and telling you that you lost should really count for anything. Not much of a game there. Kind of like going to teller in vegas and buying a $100 in chips and they give you $50 in cash instead and say you lost. I don't really know why turbine even keeps that around.

As for the other ideas:

3. Character Titles or Badges and 10. Rogue Only Secrets seem pointless to me. They should optimize the rogue search and disable model as has been suggested before they complicate it.

20. Personal Character Spaces seems to be irrelevant with Guild housing now available.

15. Ropes, Hooks and Moveable Objects
    would be unlikely without a major rework of both the engine and the existing quest. Just look at what they did to give us "underwater" combat to see how unlikely they are to make a change that affects existing quests so dramatically.

The other ideas are mostly interesting.

I did have a thought about solo quests last night while in the Giant Vault. Remove solo as a difficulty option and instead make it a cap on party size (much like raid vs. party). Then you can have solo quests that can be played on Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite. This will give more replay to solo quest like Giant Vault and might help justify their creation. Perhaps they can then make other quests that have a max of 2 or 3 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    Not sure why I'm bothering but... reread the quote that you posted.

"Dinosaurs are widespread on Eberron, particularly in Xen'drik, Argonnessen, Q'barra, and the Talenta Plains. Large varieties wander freely across Xen'drik, including both herbivores and carnivores, while the dragons of Argonnessen have mostly eliminated the carnivorous varieties from their realm. Smaller dinosaurs are the rule"

now break it down

1. Dinosaurs are widespread on Eberron

2. Particularly in Xen'drik, Argonnessen, Q'barra, and the Talenta Plains.

3. Large varieties wander freely across Xen'drik, including both herbivores and carnivores

4. while the dragons of Argonnessen have mostly eliminated the carnivorous varieties from their realm.

5. Smaller dinosaurs are the rule

so Dinosaurs are WIDESPREAD on Eberron

the heaviest populations are in X A Q and TP

Large varieties on xen'drik, this could be size or type but because of sentence structure and passage structure I'm leaning towards types.

Argo dragons have MOSTLY wiped out carnivorous varieties from their realm... now if they had said just the dragons had elinminated the carnivores that would be one thing but because the specified Argo that indicates the destruction to be more limited

Now the problem with the last sentence is that you didn't finish the quote.

This section was refering to the size of the Dinosaurs in Q and TP... where halflings use them as mounts

so to recap.

There are many Dinos on Eberron
    Especially on Xen'drik
    Agro has a low Carnivore Population because the dragons took out most of them
    Talenta and Q'barra have mostly smaller breed dinos several of which are used as mounts

whether or not Dragons think they own the world is of little to no relevence in this as the structure and content of the passage indicates that the Dragon Domain that was refered to therein was Argonnessen. It is not written from the Dragons point of view afterall.

Aesop
    Just pointing out one thing here....you obviously didn't read all of my posts in this thread....In a previous one I pointed out about the dinos of the Talenta Plains (naming the 3 used most by the halflings there) with rough size comparisons.

And once again, you interpret it YOUR way, I will interpret it my way. For you to tell me how I interpret things is wrong is like telling me....hmmm....like telling me my religious beliefs are wrong because they are not the same as yours. It's just plain ignorant.
    The Misfit Toys

Armor Dye Kits?

Me like. +1 rep.

Community Member Raodin-bel-iori's Avatar

Default some suggestions of my own that I'd like to see

The thing I'd like to see the most in one of the next updates is adding grapple attacks. Making a grapple, with skill or strength checks to maintain it, escape one, and attack during one. Grappled mobs or characters would be held in place and unable to cast or attack unless a strength or concentration check were made. If the strength check were made the creature would gain control of the grapple and have the option of breaking it, attacking, ect. Spells that are verbal only could still be cast. Attacks would be at a slower rate than out of grapple, much like attacking while sneaking, since a full attack action can’t be taken in a grapple. Size bonuses would still apply so that foolish monks can't grapple well with giants or get swallowed by dragons when they try. The escape artist skill would be brought back into play for escaping from monsters who can grapple players, and it would allow for new monsters who are good at that such as assassin vines and tentacle beasts. It would also open up the way for new feats and enhancements for grappling such as ending a grapple with a throw that causes damage and leaves them prone.

I'd love to be able to grab a little wizard so that he can't cast sleet storm on my party and knock his block off or even grab a minotaur shaman and take a few hits to keep him from fire balling the party.

How about charging and bull rush too. That one would be easier to do since we already have the animations for people getting knocked down, and if you can sprint, charging should be easy, just tack on some extra damage for the attack at the end.

Some of the other things I'd like to see are reach weapons like spears, tridents, scythes, ect. As well as entangling weapons such as nets or bolas.

It would be cool if armor look were customizable.

Potion bags and wand/scroll cases would be cool for conserving extra space so that carrying an array of potions or scrolls around is more feasible.

As for classes, I'd love to see the dragon shaman. They rule.

I'd also like to see a prestige class for arcane casters besides necromancer. Something like elemental savant for those who want to focus on a specific element, or Master conjurer who could summon more than one creature at a time that are stronger than usual, if for a shorter time, or cast smaller creatures in little swarms.

A crawl skill would be nice that increases in speed with ranks. Why should I have to try and run past a head chopping trap after all? And having to crawl occasionally would also allow greater flexibility in making quests. An escape artist skill as well for escaping entanglement like webs or grapples as above would be cool too.

It’d be sweet if bards could get different instruments, perhaps as trinkets, that can affect their songs in different ways. Different bard builds would work better with different instruments. You could even go into magical and enhance able instruments.

I also think that monk combos need to be easier to use. This could be done by reducing the cool down time of individual monk moves as well as making the next strike after the 3rd strike of the combo (the one that gets it ready) an automatic finisher. Some people may not like the automatic style and may like to hold the finisher so it could be an active option like slow fall.

Finally, please make named items more special. What’s the point of a named item that is simply +1, or +2 flaming burst? The whole point of naming an item is giving it abilities that wouldn’t fit well into a regular item description. A good example of this is the Hammer of the Leaden clouds. A bad example is Kelmar’s Justice, which is actually just a +3 war hammer.

In regards to worse curses and afflictions... I wouldn't mind a reason to actually have to go to the binding cleric in a tavern and use the "heal me" function every once in a while. Right now, it seems kind of pointless.

Talking

7. Familiars and Pets
    You are almost there with the Iron Companion series and Hirelings. Would it not be cool to see a wizard with a raven on his staff or a ranger with a wolf following him.
    Yes! I'm glad I did a search because this is exactly the suggestion I was going to make. It would be great to have a pet like in the Torchlight RPG game that can at least run to the merchant with excess loot when you're in the middle of a quest chain.

On a related topic, I'm probably not the only one who has to keep looking around to see if your summoned creature is still there if it's one that's invisible while not in combat. A timer would also come in handy, as of course creatures tend to vanish right when you're in the thick of a fight, and it's difficult to tell sometimes amidst all the confusion and racket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12