Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daggertooth View Post
    Well I thought it was a given that all the idiots should be burned/flayed alive. Truth is I find the complete morons kind of amusing.

But in all seriousness if you are trying to keep these 'time wasters' out of your group, stop goading them on with threads like these. They are probably laughing their a**es off that you are that concerned about the 10% penalty in the first place.
    Since your such a high all mighty player, and have obviously proven the entire community has it backwards about how to play this game the right way...how much do you charge hourly to teach how to properly play this game?
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I am undecided with respect to Daggertooth. On the one hand, it could easily be brilliant forum shtick. On the other hand, he is so consistent in his viewpoints, it's hard to believe he doesn't actually hold his professed opinions.

So clever troll or bitter anti-social wierdo...dunno yet. Either way, he's entertaining. So kudos.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    I am undecided with respect to Daggertooth. On the one hand, it could easily be brilliant forum shtick. On the other hand, he is so consistent in his viewpoints, it's hard to believe he doesn't actually hold his professed opinions.

So clever troll or bitter anti-social wierdo...dunno yet. Either way, he's entertaining. So kudos.
    +1

My vote is for schtick.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Community Member

As an expert on dying and, yes, I can probably die much sooner than most of the people posting in this thread, someone dying should be assumed. That way if nobody dies then you get a bonus instead of a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaye View Post
    As an expert on dying and, yes, I can probably die much sooner than most of the people posting in this thread, someone dying should be assumed. That way if nobody dies then you get a bonus instead of a penalty.
    Holy Jesus and all the Saints Necro!

Boys, I'm gonna need a devil's trap and some salt.

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Community Member

This stopic is not longer relevant. PUGs stopped dying in groups ages ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Waaye View Post
    Most of the people who posted in this thread, years ago, are certainly closer to death now... Hey, look, a cool thread... Hmmm. Last post was years ago. Aw hell, I fell like adding something of no value. Win!

I only say this to help you...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

Holy necro batman.

There's one person on the first page alone advocating this don't die policy that has personally died in groups with me. While their tone would make you think that they quickly DCd and commenced whipping themselves for their grievous sin, the truth is, they just laughed it off and continued on. This is why the don't die people can't be taken seriously. It's the end of the world until they, themselves die, then it's all fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Stay at the beginning and pike for all I care, but if the LFM says "don't die" it means just that.
    It's a good deal, you do nothing and get xp.
    Just don't cost ME any xp in the process.

Yes, I know that the crowd this is aimed at, doesn't read this. I don't care.
    This is a good place to vent.

Peace and love to you all.

EDIT: Ooh, I hurt someones feelings and got neged reped. I love you too. Peace and love all over again.
    But dude - I suck.....unless I'm in the Low Road. The Low Road rocks!!!

+1 repped you bud
    Kraak - Thelanis (all things *Kraak*, *krak* in The Madborn) (Not Kraaken)

Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    or your trying to lvl up a36 pt build that TR2 or more you need 4.4 milliong xp

10% is only 440,000 xp whats the big deal then you have other going for completionist that about x10 that so

whats the big deal its only -4,000,000 xp your alraedy getting enuf from the quest lol
    10% of quest base xp, not total xp, so your calculating is way off.
    Didnt even look at the date
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 07-06-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I also didn't look at the data... but you are wrong and here is why:

If the base experience is 1000... and you get 10% for persistent bonus and 10% for no deaths... do you think you get 1200 exp? Well you don't.

You get 1000 x 1.1 x 1.1 = 1210.

I could go into more detail... but if you have half a brain you can see you are wrong.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by saco View Post
    Then solo the damn quest yourself and quite *****ing. No Char intends to die but it happens due to mistakes on the char part, ****** healer, lag

And that is where I stopped paying attention to your post.

To be fair, death does happen.. That being said, I at least apologize if something unfortunate happens.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    how so, yes it 10% of the base but is also multiplied just like the base is...

So no its not way off.

if a quest base xp is 10000 xp you lose 1,000 (that a 10% bonus) plus any multipliers on that 1,000

It doesn't take a genious to see the effects of losing a multiplier in a series of multipliers

it has compounding effects.
    Aceita - 22 life Monk Completionist -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    how so, yes it 10% of the base but is also multiplied just like the base is...

So no its not way off.

if a quest base xp is 10000 xp you lose 1,000 (that a 10% bonus) plus any multipliers on that 1,000

It doesn't take a genious to see the effects of losing a multiplier in a series of multipliers

it has compounding effects.
    It is way off, because you dont get all of your xp just from completing quest, you get at least 1/4th of it through optionals, so he is off by 100k min, that is way off.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ytuy View Post
    I also didn't look at the data... but you are wrong and here is why:

If the base experience is 1000... and you get 10% for persistent bonus and 10% for no deaths... do you think you get 1200 exp? Well you don't.

You get 1000 x 1.1 x 1.1 = 1210.

I could go into more detail... but if you have half a brain you can see you are wrong.
    if you had half a brain and tested things, you'd see you were wrong

kobold's new ringleader is 1452 base xp on elite

so, if it worked the way you thought it did, the max exp would be

1452*1.8(first elite)*1.2(bravery elite)*1.5(max bravery bonus)*1.5(greater tome)*1.25(conquest)*1.15(ransack)*1.1(flawless victory)*1.1(persistence)= `12274xp.

Now, i've run that quest with all those bonuses plenty of times and never once have i seen that much exp. I can usually get 8-9k with a pot though.

some of the bonuses are additive and some are multiplicative, but they are not all multiplicative.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanearcher52689 View Post
    some of the bonuses are additive and some are multiplicative, but they are not all multiplicative.
    too much math - brain hurts

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapi View Post
    too much math - brain hurts
    It only makes things worse. Nary a problem has been solved.
    Officer of Renowned

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Default Congratulations!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuleAxe (Triple Completionist) | MuleSticker | MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    But the horse might rise as a zombie and start the zombie apocalypse, it must die again!

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Stay at the beginning and pike for all I care, but if the LFM says "don't die" it means just that.
    It's a good deal, you do nothing and get xp.
    Just don't cost ME any xp in the process.

Yes, I know that the crowd this is aimed at, doesn't read this. I don't care.
    This is a good place to vent.

Peace and love to you all.

EDIT: Ooh, I hurt someones feelings and got neged reped. I love you too. Peace and love all over again.
    What does the pos rep do for ya? Its a serious quest I don't use the forums except for browsing for information.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast