Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Angry For crying out loud, all I ask for is DON'T DIE!!!

Stay at the beginning and pike for all I care, but if the LFM says "don't die" it means just that.
    It's a good deal, you do nothing and get xp.
    Just don't cost ME any xp in the process.

Yes, I know that the crowd this is aimed at, doesn't read this. I don't care.
    This is a good place to vent.

Peace and love to you all.

EDIT: Ooh, I hurt someones feelings and got neged reped. I love you too. Peace and love all over again.
    Last edited by BurningDownTheHouse; 08-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Ni Hao HuanYing

I assume that this was "Hi Welcome", so thanks...

EDIT: Just ran it through a translator, I was right.
    Last edited by BurningDownTheHouse; 08-01-2010 at 06:17 AM.
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.

Community Member AltheaSteelrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    I assume that this was "Hi Welcome", so thanks...
    what's with the Hi Welcome? I can't seem to get it. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoJ View Post
    I've never spent more than 5 minutes in a character generator. But I've spent countless hours talking about myself, and how great I am.

The Most Gimpiest Bard Build Ever!
    Before you start a bard, please read:
    Diva's Bard Love Guide / Genghis Khan by LeslieWestGuitarGod / Rabidly Halfling by Madmatt70

Quote Originally Posted by AltheaSteelrain View Post
    You had to be there...
    Officer of Pestilence.

With experience and the passage of time comes clarity.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Stay at the beginning and pike for all I care, but if the LFM says "don't die" it means just that.
    It's a good deal, you do nothing and get xp.
    Just don't cost ME any xp in the process.

Yes, I know that the crowd this is aimed at, doesn't read this. I don't care.
    This is a good place to vent.

Peace and love to you all.
    Then solo the damn quest yourself and quite *****ing. No Char intends to die but it happens due to mistakes on the char part, ****** healer, lag, an "oh ****" moment, crappy saves. So you lose a bit of xp..oh boo-hoo-hoo. The loss of xp is minimal compared to the overall xp you get from the quest.

/hands off a Whineakin with some French Cries to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by saco View Post
    Then solo the damn quest yourself and quite *****ing. No Char intends to die but it happens due to mistakes on the char part, ****** healer, lag, an "oh ****" moment, crappy saves. So you lose a bit of xp..oh boo-hoo-hoo. The loss of xp is minimal compared to the overall xp you get from the quest.

You are right, serves me right for trying to help others while I level...
    Officer of Pestilence.

-1 for being inflammatory and derogatory

If the lfm says dont die and you are using thosee excuses lag,healer,mistakees on the char part.....

then you knew there was a good chance ur gona die anyways if u attempted to movee from the start and had no business being there in the first place stop griefing the TR's

Stop joining those lfm ur not welcomed in them. simple as that.

I don't think you get the OP's point, he's trying to give away free xp, as the kind, big hearted player he is trying to be... when someone enters a quest, try's to help, then promptly dies, this cost both players 10%. You may say, what 10%? i'll simplify it for you.

If you won a $1000 dollars on a lottery and the lottery givers took 10% as a handling charge, you'd be pretty miffed at getting only $900.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Very soon.............ish.™

Durrty McGurty | Forellan Windblade | Lunarii Hellion

O M N I P R E S E N C E

Quote Originally Posted by Correlan View Post
    I don't think you get the OP's point, he's trying to give away free xp, as the kind, big hearted player he is trying to be... when someone enters a quest, try's to help, then promptly dies, this cost both players 10%. You may say, what 10%? i'll simplify it for you.

If you won a $1000 dollars on a lottery and the lottery givers took 10% as a handling charge, you'd be pretty miffed at getting only $900.
    or your trying to lvl up a36 pt build that TR2 or more you need 4.4 milliong xp

10% is only 440,000 xp whats the big deal then you have other going for completionist that about x10 that so

whats the big deal its only -4,000,000 xp your alraedy getting enuf from the quest lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    -1 for being inflammatory and derogatory
    Seconded!

He's doing others a favor and you wanna troll him?!? HAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Default accident vs. destiny

We all have accidents once in a while in quests. I'm talking about dying when actually trying so hard not to die.

If had to guess. The OP is more miffed about the players whom destiny is simply to die.

They join a group, they get in the quest, they dont' feel like they are contributing enough, they go out exploring, they don't know the quest, and end up dying.

Some of these players could of simply stayed at the beginning and piked, as the OP said. And believe it or not, there are players that don't care if you do. Like the OP said, he will gain 10% xp by some gamers simply standing still.

Back to accidents and unintentional deaths. I recently had one myself. I like a good zerg now and again. And I too pride myself on staying alive, and achieving that extra 10%. It is important. However, I was with Ace recently, popped in I think 2 quests, did absolutly nothing in the first, felt I needed to help in the second. I followed the simple task of staying invisible and buffed, still ended up dying, and in the end we lost 10%. Meanwhile, after loosing 10% xp, I still didn't do anything. I felt like a donkey fresh off the boat of Korthos. (sorry Ace! )

I noticed I wasn't in the mindset to zerg, decided to drop and log for a bit. Yes, accidents happen. Players know me to be mindful of the leaders party intentions. The real question these players have to ask themselves, is do they find this happening a lot. If so, they should avoid these groups. So keep it in mind gamers, LFMs and the power to write and read the description of the LFMs are there for our benifit. So please read.

Community Member

Posted like one who uses these lame excuses a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Correlan View Post

Two issues I see with this set up.

1st, giving away free XP, by having the other guys stand there and do nothing doesn't help. They don't learn anything, and when it comes time for them to actually be expected to participate.... well that's not going to be a good situation for anyone. You might say they already know the quest and all, but again, why not just solo it? If I'm that concerned about my XP I go solo, because people can be too unpredictable. If I invite other people in I need/want their help, so I expect them to participate.
    I'd like to know who these people are getting XP standing around doing nothing, so I can avoid grouping with them in the future.

2nd... the lottery example isn't quite accurate. It would be more like you won $1000, but they tell you they'll put it in a bank, and if you don't withdraw from it for 6 months, they'll give you 10% more. You still have the original $1000 either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    We all have accidents once in a while in quests. I'm talking about dying when actually trying so hard not to die.

If had to guess. The OP is more miffed about the players whom destiny is simply to die.

They join a group, they get in the quest, they dont' feel like they are contributing enough, they go out exploring, they don't know the quest, and end up dying.

Some of these players could of simply stayed at the beginning and piked, as the OP said. And believe it or not, there are players that don't care if you do. Like the OP said, he will gain 10% xp by some gamers simply standing still.

Back to accidents and unintentional deaths. I recently had one myself. I like a good zerg now and again. And I too pride myself on staying alive, and achieving that extra 10%. It is important. However, I was with Ace recently, popped in I think 2 quests, did absolutly nothing in the first, felt I needed to help in the second. I followed the simple task of staying invisible and buffed, still ended up dying, and in the end we lost 10%. Meanwhile, after loosing 10% xp, I still didn't do anything. I felt like a donkey fresh off the boat of Korthos. (sorry Ace! )

I noticed I wasn't in the mindset to zerg, decided to drop and log for a bit. Yes, accidents happen. Players know me to be mindful of the leaders party intentions. The real question these players have to ask themselves, is do they find this happening a lot. If so, they should avoid these groups. So keep it in mind gamers, LFMs and the power to write and read the description of the LFMs are there for our benifit. So please read.
    Well said.

I find it's easiest to die when it's least likely you should.

I can't remember the quest, but there was a quest that one of our members couldn't get at his level, and he was very close to level. We had just completed one of the Anvil Fire Inn quests and various members were repairing etc.
    I was on my lowbie Barbarian so told him I'd just zerg him through the House D depth's series while everyone else took care of their business and we'd be in good shape in no time.

So... Depths of Darkness...
    Rolled 1's on my first two swings and the necromancer did one of those 'sure you 32 STR rage-tripped me but I'll still cast while sliding across the floor', I failed all checks against the his responding sleet storm and it pretty much went down hill from there. He's like the only thing that can kill you in that place.

Destiny... at least for that quest.
    Remember the little people, if for no other reason than to better savor the squishy sound they make as you roll over them.

Cleric, Rogue, UMD - Because Grease Clickies Have Consequences.
    There are no bad builds, only Characters with High End-Game Mule Potential.

Default as the saying goes

no good deed goes unpunished bud .....

I know it's WoW-based, but maybe this video could help the comprehension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    ~ Oloth's Tale ~ xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx

Hmm ... I dunno 'bout this one.

You let puggers in your group and they will die ... its a fact. You don't want puggers who will die, don't invite puggers at all. You want company? Use chat channels, send tells to guilds that you know have good players in them, etc. just don't throw up an LFM that says 'Don't die', cuz you ain't gonna get what you want.

Don't worry about 'being nice' ... If you really want to be nice, invite them in and let them know the proper way to do the quest so they *can* zerg it the next time. I guarantee that most folks who pug want to join a group to quest with not to pike XP
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 08-01-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast