Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    Another -1 rep.
    Your green bars dictate you have not yet accumulated the needed dork points to back up that threat.

That aside, this whole thread is silly. I've run with a bunch of you TR's zerging lowbie/midbie ****. Pretty much all of you guys enjoy being ******bags. It spices up the grind.

(Party): Share plz/Heal pz/Rez plz
    *** You have removed xxxx from the party***
    xxxx tells you: (^(^ 9&(())^ (*^*^*^^*^

/giggle

I've heard a bunch of you bring adults to near tears (most recently, aceita). And then everyone has a big laugh and the grind goes on.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. If someone fails to read/live up to the LFM, they deserve what they get. But if people **really** cared and didn't get some laughs out of it, they wouldn't pug. Friends/dual box only for 99% of the content. But it's funny and worth the trade off of a potential -10%, so you continue to PUG.
    Last edited by Delt; 08-04-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    But when I am in the mood to zerg I put up an lfm that says just that. ZERGING, DONT DIE, BYOH, KNOW THE WAY. This mean today I am not your teacher I am a guy who is playing the game I pay 15.00 a month for and if anyone wants some free xp come join. BUT DONT ****ING DIE!!!!.
    That's cool... I'm just suggesting that "don't die" all by itself probably isn't the best LFM. I mean no one wants to die... At least include "Zerging" to let them know what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

If I see a quest don't die or BYOH I read it as pike or be self suffecient.

If can't handle the quest or don't know it don't join it is very simple.

All arguing that it isn't a good thing have no understanding of what he is doing.

He is trying to help others with some quick xp. If a noob joins and dies and doesn't say they are new to quest or something then yea they are at fault and need a lil rebuking about joining something that have no clue about and aren't up to.

Maybe a lil better explanation in lfm could help like NO NOOBS don't die would be better but seriously if you join a group that says don't die and promptly die that would **** me off to.

I geuss I have same attitude as rev does and completely agree with him.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    so you continue to PUG.
    Yeah, really, if the 10% REALLY bothers you so much that you actually curse out loud sitting at your computer... then just don't PUG at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Y

That aside, this whole thread is silly. I've run with a bunch of you TR's zerging lowbie/midbie ****. Pretty much all of you guys enjoy being ******bags. It spices up the grind.
    Well played, Delt . . . well played indeed.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Unhappy Sadly

It seems that we have lost so much patience in the land of DDO. Even people I considered kind and used to group with now post exclusive and what some might call inflammatory lfms or scathing forum messages. I don't know exactly when it happened. It seems like a shift that occurred gradually. I used to comment on the occasional lfm that would be worded thusly, but it is like something caught fire and otherwise sensible people suddenly jumped on board. What happened?

Honestly, I'd personally love to dive into more epic content groups, and I think I can still hold up my end - at least I've been able to so far during my epic runs, but the nonguild personalities running the epic quests often just seem less inviting. When I see the "sac dragon" posts or the "don't be a noob!" posts and all the similar stuff, it is just like posting "Stay away!" Sadly, I think I could have helped out, but I'm just not interested in gaming with someone that is wound so tightly. From what I've heard in my very limited experience with some of these groups, someone is going to have a stroke or a heart attack from a tirade over a mishap - not cool at all.

If you (no you in particular) want to post exclusive lfms and get your panties in a bunch because something goes awry in ddo land, well, that's certainly your right. However, life is too short and the notion of getting so worked up over a mishap in a land of pretend dragons is too far removed from my sensibilities for me to subscribe. I wish you well, and if you unwind and manage to start viewing DDO as the fun and social medium it is, give me a shout. I think we can take down that quest you are planning on running, and if not, perhaps we’ll have another frosty beverage and try again.

Cheers,

E.

PS: Which end of the sword do I hold again?
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 08-04-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of PhD, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik

*attempts to banish lawful outsider*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Was in a Delera's run the other day on one of the TR pug zerg/byoh/etc/etc runs. I just don't get why people who don't know what they're doing join when the type of run is clearly spelled out. What do they think will happen? They join and repeatedly ask "where is the quest" and "please share quest so i can find it." It's almost enough to make me think they're griefing. The leader was typically very polite and told them this wasn't the group for them, then booted them. Gave us a bit of a chuckle.

Less and less I understand the "qualifications" for some PuG groups.

"Don't die" is such a bizarre tag for some of the quests that I don't even bother to send a tell or inquiry about the quest. I just avoid them 'cause my "crazy meter" begins to vibrate. I never plan on dying in a PuG, but I can't/won't promise it isn't going to happen.

I'd like to not even be "hit" in a quest. I'd love to get through with no damage. Better yet, if we could invent a class--the Therapist--even better. We could enter a dungeon and talk with the kobolds, orcs, ogres about their inner feelings and find a way to peaceable avoid the conflict in a pacifist manner; well that'd be awesome!

Inviting/accepting people in a PuG with an expectation that if they might die, they'll stand around and collect XP is rather bizarre, unless one is looking for audience to regale and amaze.

I don't go "mental" over 10%. It's a game. It's not going anywhere and for many it is free. Unless I missed something, I'm not aware of any bonuses for a timed completion of a TRed toon or any toon. Run the quest again or a different one. If "power gaming/leveling" is your thing--fine, but don't invite people and try to control such a variable.

It's wholly unrealistic and a tad bit "alpha" and obnoxious. In fairness to the OP, you don't get any plainer then "Don't Die" and unless you're supremely confident/competent with that quest, you shouldn't join. But by putting up that LFM, you're inviting this problem to an extent too unless you plan to thoroughly review all of your party members and make 'cuts' where you need to.

Default still...

I love joining the BYOH/TR grps. The truth is if you join them and they don't know you, you better screw up so they have something to ***** about or you will get kicked anyway.

I rarely disclose my identity on my new characters until late game. I joined a deleras hard speed run/TR BYOH type, in progress. Once I got in I realized the leader was from the self proclaimed best guild on Thelanis. I think we all know who this is. Although most of them only know me from years ago, I have been running with these guys for years, and I love running with them with the unspoken kill count competition etc.

Well having run Deleras like 200 frigging times, and being on my bard, I just shadowed the leader completely. Almsot step for step. I might as well have been an AI controlled hirling. Hasting him, buffing when necessary. Of course I knew he was going to run past everything that didnt need to be killed, and while the rest of the group shambled along killing everything, I stayed within step of him , killing the stuff at the doors etc (he was on a supporty type).

At the end of the quest, after we finish out, next thing you know I get dismissed from the group. Now, having run this quest literally 200+ times do you think it is humanly possible that I did anything wrong? No, but since I didn't give him anything to ***** about, he kicked me anyway. Turns out , I didnt't have the voice chat on so that was why I got kicked.

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daggertooth View Post
    Turns out , I didnt't have the voice chat on so that was why I got kicked.
    Or he realized who it was and decided you kick you on that grounds.

I know that I would kick out even the best of players if I realized that their lovely forum personality was you (or some other people like you, your type is not unique, but happily, rare enough)...

I won't kick someone because he failed to "entertain" me (or doesn't have voice chat for that matter), that's why the game is for. Heck, I don't even kick out those who die on me (but they do get a lecture).
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Funny man, I practically reared ya myself on Xoriat years ago... you and your brother... the little green warforged wiz from all those years back..

Its amazing what a ***** guild will do to someone's ego.. Think you were better off in BOB.

Let me tell ya.. I am a VERY non-judgemental person. I have alot of patience. But there are some voices in game that I just cannot listen to. If you think it bothered me in the least that I was kicked.. you are mistaken.. its just amusing how much of a ***** bag people can actually be in the game.

Funny man, I practically reared ya myself on Xoriat years ago... you and your brother... the little green warforged wiz from all those years back..

Its amazing what a ***** guild will do to someone's ego.. Think you were better off in BOB.

Let me tell ya.. I am a VERY non-judgemental person. I have alot of patience. But there are some voices in game that I just cannot listen to. If you think it bothered me in the least that I was kicked.. you are mistaken.. its just amusing how much of a ***** bag people can actually be in the game.
    oooohhhh snap!

he said he was yo daddy son! he mother*&#@@## reared you yo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Or he realized who it was and decided you kick you on that grounds.

I know that I would kick out even the best of players if I realized that their lovely forum personality was you (or some other people like you, your type is not unique, but happily, rare enough)...

I won't kick someone because he failed to "entertain" me (or doesn't have voice chat for that matter), that's why the game is for. Heck, I don't even kick out those who die on me (but they do get a lecture).
    Well my post wasnt geared towards you actually... but after this scraping blow.. the thing I'm really wondering is ... who are all these people that are wanting to run with you anyway? You think after one of your lectures these people are going to be lined up to get in one of your groups again? Or more like wondering how they are going to transfer everything to another server?

Well how about you tell me who you are then?

And my answer to you had nothing to do with ego, I assume that you are probably a good and knowledgeable player.
    What I didn't like (and still don't) is the way you present yourself on the forums and most of your perceptions about other peoples play stiles.

And as for my guild, it suits me better than BOB (or IFV) did, that's all there is to it.

And finally, about you rearing me, maybe you did. Looks like I moved on while you insist on staying at the same spot.
    To each his own.
    Last edited by BurningDownTheHouse; 08-05-2010 at 07:13 AM.
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.

Well my post wasnt geared towards you actually...
    Really? I wonder who else has a "green WF brother"...

but after this scraping blow.. the thing I'm really wondering is ... who are all these people that are wanting to run with you anyway?
    Other people who feel like doing the same quest?

You think after one of your lectures these people are going to be lined up to get in one of your groups again?
    Believe it or not, a lot do. I don't try to degrade them in my lectures, I usually give a few good pointers on what they've done wrong.

Or more like wondering how they are going to transfer everything to another server?
    You give me too much credit, I really wish I could make some people leave...
    Officer of Pestilence.

I love joining the BYOH/TR grps. The truth is if you join them and they don't know you, you better screw up so they have something to ***** about or you will get kicked anyway. what?

I rarely disclose my identity on my new characters until late game.why? I joined a deleras hard speed run/TR BYOH type, in progress. Once I got in I realized the leader was from the self proclaimed best guild on Thelanis. I think we all know who this is. Although most of them only know me from years ago, I have been running with these guys for years, and I love running with them with the unspoken kill count competition etc.

Well having run Deleras like 200 frigging times, and being on my bard, I just shadowed the leader completely. Almsot step for step. I might as well have been an AI controlled hirling. Hasting him, buffing when necessary. Of course I knew he was going to run past everything that didnt need to be killed, and while the rest of the group shambled along killing everything, I stayed within step of him , killing the stuff at the doors etc (he was on a supporty type).

At the end of the quest, after we finish out, next thing you know I get dismissed from the group. Now, having run this quest literally 200+ times do you think it is humanly possible that I did anything wrong? maybe they asked you to do something specific and since u didnt have voice on didnt hear and If u can't follow the party leaders direction they didnt want you with so ya you did something wrong No, but since I didn't give him anything to ***** about, he kicked me anyway. Turns out , I didnt't have the voice chat on so that was why I got kicked. no voice = boot for me also
    not wasting my time typing everything out cuz you think your special either. and i dont do everything the way everyone else does them, so I expect ppl to hear me when i give them a fast run down how i run my show, If you run with out voice that ur problem not gona let you make it mine. no voice = auto boot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AkromaAoW View Post
    If you (no you in particular) want to post exclusive lfms and get your panties in a bunch because something goes awry in ddo land, well, that's certainly your right.
    Just give them an option to lock LFM with passwords and we'll be fine...

* Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

First of all I know just about eveyrone here and run with them regularly. That said, IN MY OPINION... a new player's first time experience in a dungeon is infinitely more valuable then a 10% xp loss.

Does this mean that the TR's need to slow down their game? Absolutely not... in fact depending on my mood, I usually enjoy running at that pace as well. It is only in the especially interesting dungeons that I like to see if anyone is new so I can ensure that they get a warm welcome from the traps without someone yapping about it before hand.

First of all I know just about eveyrone here and run with them regularly.
    But you still won't tell us who you are...
    Officer of Pestilence.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast