Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

First of all only I am allowed to pike your free XP runs, and second of all Ace is a jerk.

/Troll off

PS: All kidding aside, I can still pike your runs, right Ace?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    Hmm ... I dunno 'bout this one.

You let puggers in your group and they will die ... its a fact. You don't want puggers who will die, don't invite puggers at all. You want company? Use chat channels, send tells to guilds that you know have good players in them, etc. just don't throw up an LFM that says 'Don't die', cuz you ain't gonna get what you want.

Don't worry about 'being nice' ... If you really want to be nice, invite them in and let them know the proper way to do the quest so they *can* zerg it the next time. I guarantee that most folks who pug want to join a group to quest with not to pike XP
    Not every Pugger is a worthless deathprone pileon.
    I PuG, excusively, and sure sometimes people who click are terrible.
    Othertimes I get a group that read the lfm and wants to move with purpose.
    If someone sucks just drop them off at the tavern after the completion and pick up another one.

I just get annoyed that F2P has given all Puggers a bad name.
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*

if i'm on the forums then probably offshore

Yep, I don't mind at all piking at the entrance getting free XP. Sometimes, no matter how good you are, it's just the only way not to die. If you've ever joined a quest late, ran to catch up, then realized they were charming instead of killing, had everything wear off while you are standing in the middle of a DA IV...... thank god I was on my cleric.

It's just too easy to let the PL do his thing then afterwards try to zerg it yourself to get your chest.
    Neg Ten, ruining your enjoyment of the game one quest at a time.

DDOWiki

you are still getting 100% of quest base xp, its just not 110% anymore. so its like -9.090% instead of so-called "neg ten P". do this make you feel better? no? uh...
    My HATE goes UNLIMITED!
    DIV on Thelanis

Xorphitus*Xiaojjie*Xiaommei
    DDOwiki - Sharing DDO knowledge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
    I DIE, excusively, and sure sometimes people who click are NOT AS terrible AS ME .
    Othertimes I PIKE A group BY readING the lfm WHO ARE MOVING WITH A SENSE OF URGENCY / purpose.
    If I suck just drop ME off at the tavern after the completion and pick up another one.

I just get annoyed that I HAVE given all Puggers a bad name.
    Fixed it for ya in red big m8

glad to see you could log on from the bathroom floor of the Pub pete.

look me up sometime so we can "grief some TRs" like ace says
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*

Quote Originally Posted by petegunn View Post
    Fixed it for ya in red big m8
    Hahahaha, how is it I'm missing you in my parties as of late lol
    Synaan : Synay : Synaya : Syngheal
    To lead is to follow your people.

Community Member

Default not dying thats the trick

i agree with the stop dying it always happens cuz people love to run off and split up the party remember a broken part is a dead party let the trap monkey do his job they are good at sneaking for a reason let them do it and scout ahead diabling traps dosnt make u become un sneaky and u can tell ur group what to expect down the dungeon let them do there jobs if u die cuz u ran off or cuz u ran into the trap 1st then im not grabbing ur stone u can rot there...

Basically play smart likethis is table top cuz dms dont give reset buttons or shrines like mmos do

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by saco View Post
    Then solo the damn quest yourself and quite *****ing. No Char intends to die but it happens due to mistakes on the char part, ****** healer, lag, an "oh ****" moment, crappy saves. So you lose a bit of xp..oh boo-hoo-hoo. The loss of xp is minimal compared to the overall xp you get from the quest.

/hands off a Whineakin with some French Cries to the OP
    u must die alot

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    With experience and the passage of time comes clarity.
    And even with clarity it still won't be funny, especially when some fools feel it needs to be entered into just about every single thread that appears on the forums.

ok, i get that you don't want players death as it will hurt xo and you trying to help them get free xp.

however, if you want them to join and learn form your experience then it would be a good idea to just teach them more about how to play through discussion in quest so they don't die. Then they get xp but something way more valuable your knowledge. It is unreasonable to assume that someone who does actually try to learn by running through the quest with a Tr player will not die. Accidents happen even some of the best players get held and killed while held or tripped by a dog and killed before they can do anything (this goes for TR toons, and hig level toons helping lower ones get favor). So "don't die" is not the best way to post. As it still implies you want them to run the quest but to do it in an invulnerable state (something noone even really good players cna do).

Now if you really want them just to pike and stand in the entrance and do a favor then say that instead. Post something like this:

TR toon if you want free xp then just pike at entrance while i clear it fast.

Then they will know what you just there to help with their xp. I just think the whole "don't die" is really not the best way to say it as there is no way for a toon to guarantee not to die unless they pike. So then ask them to pike instead of saying don't die. Would be better for you and them if you ask that way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by shiningprince View Post
    i agree with the stop dying it always happens cuz people love to run off and split up the party remember a broken part is a dead party let the trap monkey do his job they are good at sneaking for a reason let them do it and scout ahead diabling traps dosnt make u become un sneaky and u can tell ur group what to expect down the dungeon let them do there jobs if u die cuz u ran off or cuz u ran into the trap 1st then im not grabbing ur stone u can rot there...

Basically play smart likethis is table top cuz dms dont give reset buttons or shrines like mmos do
    I don't think this is what he is referring to. He will actually probably run the quest very fast. It is more the frustration of having a player join for some free xp and then they die and hurt his xp. Zerging and staying with the party is more what you are talking about and yes staying with the party will prevent deaths but he is referring more to the really good Tr toons who just trying to give some free xp while they leveling.

These days you have to assume -10% xp if you have any pug players in your group, and -5% if you bring a hireling.

It should be individual XP penalty, not group. For some reason, Turbine would prefer we don't run in groups. Maybe it sells more hirelings.
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

Quote Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
    I PuG, excusively, and sure sometimes people who click are terrible.
    Othertimes I get a group that read the lfm and wants to move with purpose.
    If someone sucks just drop them off at the tavern after the completion and pick up another one.

I just get annoyed that F2P has given all Puggers a bad name.
    Well I wasn't talking in percentages, just a generalization, i.e. if you invite enough puggers you will absolutely get a couple who are extremely death-prone. You are correct to say most are not deathprone pileons, but I know I'm correct to say that they do exist and will join lfms despite the wording of it ...
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    These days you have to assume -10% xp if you have any pug players in your group, and -5% if you bring a hireling.

It should be individual XP penalty, not group. For some reason, Turbine would prefer we don't run in groups. Maybe it sells more hirelings.
    I believe they are trying to promote Teamwork and Unity in quests ... However, IMO zerg-fests with puggers will never have very much of either, no matter how much Turbine tries ...
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Quote Originally Posted by AltheaSteelrain View Post
    what's with the Hi Welcome? I can't seem to get it. :|
    Only when your mind is still, your cup empty will you see the Light of Noobility.
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by RTN View Post
    And even with clarity it still won't be funny, especially when some fools feel it needs to be entered into just about every single thread that appears on the forums.
    Full cup^
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurr View Post
    Full cup^
    Somebody just got Hi Welcome d too much.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Anyone know if /death removes the +10% xp bonus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by RTN View Post
    Humor doesn't necessarily enter into it.

Ah, but I am wasting my time. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Ni Hao HuanYing

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast