Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Joining LFM that have descriptions, is much like respecting the party leader's wishes.

IE. I joined a group for whisperdoom quest. I go into the jungle and shoot up all the encounters before going in the quest. The party leader says, "Don't run off and solo Bunks." So I know right then and there that he/she wants the group to stick together. Now I can be a jerk and ignore the request, or I can comply and stick with them all.

A player joining a group of zerging gamers that are trying to optimize the xp/min ratio will know right away what group they are in. So timely recalls to start the quest over after completion, as well as breaking all boxes, disabling all traps, and staying alive, are all equally important.

And if a player joins these groups, and goes against the grain not respecting the party leader, he/she is no better than the zerging solo artist that rubs the casual groups the wrong way in partys that want to stick together.
    This brought a tear to my eye. Max reps, good sir. Max reps.
    Legion
    Mirtta, Murtta, Miirta, Murrta, Mirtaa, Mirrta, Muurta, Murta, Mirta, Mertaa, Mertta, Chiye, Meerta, Merrta, Murtaa, Unlubricated, Hastes, Naming, Auctionsalot, Griefs, Serrendor, Deathznatch, Harassing, Pikenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Daggertooth View Post
    EDIT: And I would just like to add.. that I have grouped with Acieta on numerous occasions in his various incarnations. We run at about the same pace. And I believe that Aceita does a very good job of 'stewarding' these new players who make mistakes in his groups. The last time I was in Madstone with him he made a little joke about it but then actually went back and fished the player out of the beginning lava. I remember that I was actually surprised by this because we needed him to Invis the giant and we were wondering where he went, and we of course had no need for the new player.

I completly deny this!

Stop trying to ruine my reputation!

Do one nice thing once and everyone wants you to hold there hand BAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Who the F is Eriik!
    Erik is that 900 year old fossil of an elf that you sometimes still see around Amrath. I like him though. I saw him a few weeks ago after having not seen him for years and he accepted my blind invite and we ran a few Amrath quests.

He then left as he had to go to the gym or some other RL issue.

Erik is that 900 year old fossil of an elf that you sometimes still see around Amrath. I like him though. I saw him a few weeks ago after having not seen him for years and he accepted my blind invite and we ran a few Amrath quests.

He then left as he had to go to the gym or some other RL issue.
    twas rhetoric

Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    This is where our problem lies. I run with burning almost everyday. He is a patient helpful person who is very laid back. If you join his party and die on accident or lag or floating he will not get bent out of shape. Especially if you then help complete the quest/quests in a more timely manner. You are arguing under a different logic than the rest of the people in this thead. It is not the death that is the problem. It is the fact that they are wasting his time.
    Well I thought it was a given that all the idiots should be burned/flayed alive. Truth is I find the complete morons kind of amusing.

But in all seriousness if you are trying to keep these 'time wasters' out of your group, stop goading them on with threads like these. They are probably laughing their a**es off that you are that concerned about the 10% penalty in the first place.
    Last edited by Daggertooth; 08-06-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheaSteelrain View Post
    what's with the Hi Welcome? I can't seem to get it. :|
    Something like "O Spiro Agnew"

I wander how many will get this one either.
    Leadership is a tightrope; Ethics is my balance pole......No No wait, is that a knife in your hand?

Well I thought it was a given that all the idiots should be burned/flayed alive. Truth is I find the complete morons kind of amusing.
    To each there own!!!
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member

Default Never missed anything, like DDO :) .

LFM's can be used in several ways.
    When forming a group I like using lfm's,
    2 reflect type of gamer and or, certain obligation.
    I expexct from a stranger/pugger wanting to join.
    Respect the LFM.

Love LFM wars. Docsin .

Wait a minute....I thought you guys told me that standing by the door and not moving was my guild role as I was protecting the party from getting flanked by mobs following us into the entrance.

This thread is starting to make me think you have alterior motives for telling me to "protect the entrance at all costs. Don't move from there!" in all our guild levelling runs...hmmm....
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathseeker View Post
    Wait a minute....I thought you guys told me that standing by the door and not moving was my guild role as I was protecting the party from getting flanked by mobs following us into the entrance.

This thread is starting to make me think you have alterior motives for telling me to "protect the entrance at all costs. Don't move from there!" in all our guild levelling runs...hmmm....
    *to myself* Oh noes! He's on to us! **

Ah...
    No bro...
    We really meant it...
    Your help is invaluable...
    Tell you what, we'll get a pugger to guard the entrance for us, and you can run with us. Only thing you need to do is be invisible, and never attack anything. You will be our "secret weapon" . OK?
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Good. You have given us your perspective yet again, and made us feel like really bad people for trying to play efficiently.
    <...>
    you have nothing feel bad about!
    the way i see it, the leader is "GOD", u must follow his rules and obey. (u dont have to join his LFMs if u dont wanna).
    if the leader boot u out, its ok too, no matter what the reason is! u can be a bad player, he can dislike your gamestyle, and he can just dislike u. no matter to me. the reason is irrelevant.
    i mad no-one who kicked me out before (not even acieta ). your group, your rules. my group, my rules.
    and if i see an LFM which say "dont die" i think 10 times if there's any chance i might die before i join.

and yes, i'm a new player
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    the way i see it, the leader is "GOD", u must follow his rules and obey. (u dont have to join his LFMs if u dont wanna).
    if the leader boot u out, its ok too, no matter what the reason is! u can be a bad player, he can dislike your gamestyle, and he can just dislike u. no matter to me. the reason is irrelevant.
    i mad no-one who kicked me out before (not even acieta ). your group, your rules. my group, my rules.
    and if i see an LFM which say "dont die" i think 10 times if there's any chance i might die before i join.

This is just an imbalance of the game. Too much numbers grinding, not enough roleplaying. The truth is you can do whatever you want.
    You have the option of joining the LFM and the leader has the option of accepting you. Everything on these forums is based on some idea that the developers didn't know what they were doing when they designed the game. But in actually it is the vast majority of the players who have missed the entire point of the game. You have a choice to join an LFM and a leader has a choice to accept you. Once you are in the dungeon everyone is free to do what they want. The leader can reform the group if he likes without you.

Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post

It's all about respecting the leader. If you have no respect then your not going to get any in return. some people have a hard time grasping this one you seem to understand it 100%.

I give everyone respect that gives it to me when I'm leading my groups. but the second you disrespect me then there no reason I'm going to give u one ounce of respect from that point forward.

lfm say know your way and I get "share pls" apon entering the group = no respect
    Lfm says no neg10p and first thing you do is die = no respect
    summoning a hirling with out asking first = no respect
    Doing a raid with a funky build, like say a caster with out Firewall and not informing the raid leader = no respect

If someone shows me no respect they are getting none in return. This may include me telling them what I think of them right there on the spot (sometimes i hold back but usualy dont), booting them from group, and usualy squelching them also. I also hold there guild accontable for there actions and after so many strikes from the same guild within a weeks time there whole guild gets put on time out for atleast a mounth some are more declined indefinetly.
    Last edited by Purgatory; 08-08-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    It's all about respecting the leader.
    Doing a raid with a funky build, like say a caster with out Firewall and not informing the raid leader = no respect
    First of all I would like to say, that whenever possible I avoid having an arcane in the group BECAUSE of this spell. If you are so sick and tired of the game that you are debating leaving, try playing the game without an some nitwit casting firewall every second.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
    It's all about respecting the leader. If you have no respect then your not going to get any in return. some people have a hard time grasping this one you seem to understand it 100%.

I give everyone respect that gives it to me when I'm leading my groups. but the second you disrespect me then there no reason I'm going to give u one ounce of respect from that point forward.

lfm say know your way and I get "share pls" apon entering the group = no respect
    Lfm says no neg10p and first thing you do is die = no respect
    summoning a hirling with out asking first = no respect

If someone shows me no respect they are getting none in return. This may include me telling them what I think of them right there on the spot (sometimes i hold back but usualy dont), booting them from group, and usualy squelching them also. I also hold there guild accontable for there actions and after so many strikes from the same guild within a weeks time there whole guild gets put on time out for atleast a mounth some are more declined indefinetly.
    well.. u're right. respect is an important issue. but is not enough.

if we take our little "incident" (if u remember). i did respect u! (and follow your rules). i just didnt match your gamestyle (or just was a bad player) - though i tried hard.
    do i sorry for interrupt your pug? sure! (though i done no harm, which i glad for). will i know for next how to behave? i hope - and i know i should think twice to see if i fit the pug before i join.
    Last edited by MiahooJunk; 08-09-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

But in actually it is the vast majority of the players who have missed the entire point of the game.
    Sorry but it appears that only you have missed the entire point of the game.

Once you are in the dungeon everyone is free to do what they want. The leader can reform the group if he likes without you.

Talk about being inconsiderate and self centered! If you join a group then you are expected to respect their authority as the leader. That means you follow their rules. If you don't like that form your own groups or solo.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

First of all I would like to say, that whenever possible I avoid having an arcane in the group BECAUSE of this spell. If you are so sick and tired of the game that you are debating leaving, try playing the game without an some nitwit casting firewall every second.
    Do you ever read your own posts? Try it some time. You sound like a pompus !@# #$%^!
    Leader of PESTILENCE!!Loot whoring is our business and business is GOOD! Revrend Band.
    "I would never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Do you ever read your own posts? Try it some time. You sound like a pompus !@# #$%^!
    band, quit poking your stick in the nitwit nest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

+1 to captain obvious!

I am starting to be more and more convinced that he is just messing with everyone
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast