Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MyDDO

Default MyDDO

Yesterday my rogue was rejected from a REAVER run because he didnt have 400+ HP. Really? It was a REAVER RUN.

Today he was rejected from a SoS because he uses a repeater. Really? So I'm assuming you havent heard of a mechanic then huh?

MyDDO has done more harm to this game than good.
    Last edited by Tarrant; 07-29-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    "I wish I had a chest so big you could zone into it." - Tolero at Gencon '07
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

IMHO, a mechanic rogue is totally a wasted spot in party. An assassin rogue con dish out 10x the damage of a mechanich with repeater and disable evry trap like the mechanic can do.
    However you can start you own LFM, every party leader can make his decision on his party members.

Odd. No, he doesnt.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

Um... that's not my.ddo's fault.

btw: Compared to a melee Assassin III rogue, Repeaters are weak.
    I wouldn't let you into my Stealer of Souls group because I could get a barbarian with 3x the HP, and 5x the DPS against the boss.
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

I do get surprised when someone is rejected from a group that's playing a quest people generally beat easily when under the level they currently are. Say, group level 15-18 running a Vale or Gianthold quest. Just about anyone is fine as long as a few bases are covered.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by r3dl4nce View Post
    IMHO, a mechanic rogue is totally a wasted spot in party.
    This

You rolled the build for your own enjoyment, not everyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDamax View Post
    Odd. No, he doesnt.
    Quite the contrary. MyDDO gives the opportunity for others to vet themselves for you. Be honest now... did you really want in on that SoS?

Nah, didn't think so
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Chill dude

You should feel thankful those people rejected you, as those groups clearly aren't worth running with.

its pretty much a blessing in disguise as bad pugs tend to be a waste of time.

My opinion - using MyDDO as a crutch to vet applicants to your group just means it's a group I didn't want to be a part of anyways. If you have to scan any and everybody joining your group, then your not half as uber as you think you are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by r3dl4nce View Post
    IMHO, a mechanic rogue is totally a wasted spot in party. An assassin rogue con dish out 10x the damage of a mechanich with repeater and disable evry trap like the mechanic can do.
    However you can start you own LFM, every party leader can make his decision on his party members.
    Maybe you're right, but my cursespewing repeater of deception sure is nice, so is my weakening of enfeebling.

Dogan
    Shoppin for an improved cursespewer, paralyzer, and Good Metalline.

I am such an idiot!

I totally forgot that I play this game for everyone ELSE'S enjoyment! I should totally reroll all my guys that are not fun for OTHERS to be near...

Stupid me. I took a long break from the game... I think when I came back I forgot that my first priority is making a character that makes everyone else have fun, while I hate the game playing experience.

Thanks for setting me straight.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

I am such an idiot!

Thanks for setting me straight.
    Yes you are.

Stop over reacting and listen to the people who are not judging you here.

Quote Originally Posted by KKDragonLord View Post
    Chill dude

You should feel thankful those people rejected you, as those groups clearly aren't worth running with.

its pretty much a blessing in disguise as bad pugs tend to be a waste of time.
    Understood. But its more the fact that MyDDO enables that sort of stupidity that had me all riled up. Without MyDDO, we'd have gotten the quest done, and maybe the group leader was an idiot, but no big deal.

Do i want to run with a group of 20's that are so unsure of their ability to take down Sorjek in SoS that they need to reject the repeater user? No, not really. I've dropped groups that showed a huge lack of confidence before. If you dont think you can do it, you likely cant do it.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

As the game advances there are less and less reasons to have a rogue of any type, I hardly play mine ever anymore. Bad game design strikes again. Fewer to no traps, tougher monsters. Even with 400+ HPs people just don't need them. Also, can you not turn off parts of the MyDDO, such that your toons do not appear?

However leading your own group is a primary solution, or PUG less, join a good guild.

Discrimination is not Turbines fault..
    I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed.
    ~Last Samurai

Professional assassination is the highest form of public service.
    ~Master Chiun

http://www.atlantavampire.com

Honestly, the Reaver one is kinda sad since 90% of the party pike anyway. However, I couldn't imagine pugging SoS. What a nightmare...if for some god awful reason I alienated everyone I know in game and had to pug SoS...I would be so picky my own builds wouldn't even pass my screening.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

I am such an idiot!

I totally forgot that I play this game for everyone ELSE'S enjoyment! I should totally reroll all my guys that are not fun for OTHERS to be near...
    If you are planning on soloing, it doesn't matter what they think. If you want to party, then yes. It doesn't make sense to make a character that needs a party as a crutch. You'll have nothing but bad experiences.

Dude I totally hear you. Rogue hate is ever-present in game, even after so much work has been made to illustrate how much survivability and dps a well built rogue can deliver. I was also rejected for a Reaver the other day on my pure 17 assassin, and it was pretty much a full group, all necessary spots (healers/arcanes/intim) were acquired. Still got denied, even after reminding the guy we 4 man it all the time. Its sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsynthMinded View Post
    As the game advances there are less and less reasons to have a rogue of any type, I hardly play mine ever anymore. Bad game design strikes again. Fewer to no traps, tougher monsters. Even with 400+ HPs people just don't need them. Also, can you not turn off parts of the MyDDO, such that your toons do not appear?

However leading your own group is a primary solution, or PUG less, join a good guild.

Discrimination is not Turbines fault..
    Oh I agree that rogues are becoming utterly irrelevant in end game content. Theres not a trap in the game that cant just be bypassed or rezzed through... and anything else quest-breaking that requires a rogue is provided in the DDO store (shocker, I know).

My assassin will, I'd say, 9 times out of 10 lead in melee kills in every quest shes in, but is denied groups because they want a DPS. Now, thats not Turbine's fault, thats just stupid player.

And as for discrimination not being Turbine's fault, of course not. What is Turbine's fault is for providing the tool to discriminate.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Honestly, the Reaver one is kinda sad since 90% of the party pike anyway. However, I couldn't imagine pugging SoS. What a nightmare...if for some god awful reason I alienated everyone I know in game and had to pug SoS...I would be so picky my own builds wouldn't even pass my screening.
    Lol. Sorjek's a pushover. Had 7 people do it on elite and 3 of them were clerics (I was one of them and I barely used 20% of my SP).
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast