Cool Ranger Granted Feat Improvements

Ranger should get Point Blank Shot and Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapon for free because their required to use Rapid Shot and Bow Strength. Those are granted feat that are suppose to be free, not cost two feat to use. Also if an enemy is right in front wouldn't it be much easier to hit and it would do way more damage. So wouldn't it Point blank Shot should give +1-5 attack and damage, based on distance. It would be nice if ranger got the Evasion earlier and I'D like to see a Greater Wild Empathy that casts Dominated Humanoid that works on vermin, animals, magical beasts and elementals.The Precision feat give +4 to attack at half damage, that not a fair trade it should be double your attack for half damage.There needs to more returning arrows and bolts and an elemental versions of them too. And Arcane Archer should be able to Imbue Alignment Arrows based on their alignment. Finally thin quiver should hold 500 of any kind of bolt or arrow and wide quivers hold 1000 of any kind bolt or arrow.
    Last edited by Silver_Darkness; 07-21-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Wow... really? You want rangers to get MORE feats for free? One of them is even a pre-req for arcane archer.

Well, it was an entertaining suggestion anyway.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    - Douglas Adams -

How about we put rangers back correct to DnD and make them choose to either get the ranged feats OR the melee feats free. They are NOT supposed to get both lines free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorbert View Post
    Wow... really? You want rangers to get MORE feats for free? One of them is even a pre-req for arcane archer.

Well, it was an entertaining suggestion anyway.
    I don't see a problem with it being that ranged combat is under powered, and it just 2 feats.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    How about we put rangers back correct to DnD and make them choose to either get the ranged feats OR the melee feats free. They are NOT supposed to get both lines free.
    That will mess up player's builds and I think players prefer having both.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Darkness View Post
    I don't see a problem with it being that ranged combat is under powered, and it just 2 feats.
    Rangers get the entire TWF and Manyshot lines for free. If anything, Rogues and Barbs should get more feats.
    F O E C L E A V E R

Quote Originally Posted by Vynnt View Post
    Rangers get the entire TWF and Manyshot lines for free. If anything, Rogues and Barbs should get more feats.
    It only makes sense for them to be together their prerequisites and their weak feats. Together it is only +2 to attack +1 to damage if their 30 feet away.

Well if rangers are going to get 6 extra "weak feats" free IE they already are getting some free they should not...then pick out 6 extra for the rest of the classes to get free that they should not.
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Ranged combat in general is underpowered, but the ranger itself, even when built for ranged is fine as it is as a class. I just finished a Gianthold Tor the other day with my AA, where in a party with plenty of melee dps (as well as a cleric and wizard), I managed to lead the kill count by at least a dozen kills. And yes, I know about the manyshot bug, but I don't use it because it is cheating.

Anyway, my point is that having played an AA to high levels, they don't need to be significantly more powerful, and certainly don't need more free feats (what in the world would you even spend the extra feats on anyway?). The last couple of suggestions I'll agree with, since they are more of an issue of convenience, quivers in particular need to be improved, and it should be easier to pull what you want out of a quiver when you need it.
    Last edited by Ystradmynach; 07-21-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Yea ranged combat produces lower DPS than melee, what's wrong with that? that's the way it should be. You want to fire at mobs 500ft away, with ultra high distance graphics on without aggroing them and expect to do similar dps to a melee face to face with the mob getting pounded on?

Just because you carry a bow, doesnt mean you should not carry melee weapons. There is a reason why even AA get all the TWF feat, so when Manyshot is on cooldown it would be more beneficial to wip out your two weapons. Also close range bow is bugged because of the mechanics of how it works. So if a mob is in your face, you will see quite a bit of your arrows just disappear.

I think the vast majority of players agree that rangers get PLENTY of love as it is.