Default Rating players by Renown in Guild + Player removing rule

The first part of this suggestion (I think it was already suggested, since it is so obviously needed):
    - show how much renown each player has earned

This will inspire players to get as much renown as they can.
    For example, in quest reward you sometimes can choose 500 (or more) renown instead of not useful items.

This way the leader can give some rewards for top members, etc.

The second part:
    When player has earned much renown he shouldn't be removed very easily from guild, agreed?

So, how about this (ignore the numbers here, this is just an idea):

- if player has earned less than 1000 renown then he can be removed by the officer who invited him or the leader, no payment here

- if player has earned from 1000 to 10000 renown then he can be removed by the officer who invited him or the leader and the officer pays (earned_renown/10) gold to that player (leader pays nothing)

- if player has earned more than 10000 renown then he can be removed only by the leader and player gets (earned_renown/10) gold, but this payment is split into 3 equal parts:
    a) (earned_renown/30) gold from the officer, who invited him
    b) (earned_renown/30) gold from the leader
    c) (earned_renown/30) gold from all other current officers (the sum is equally divided between those officers)

- if the officer, who invited that player is no longer officer or he left the guild then all officers pays that part of gold.

The idea is such that the officer takes some responsibility when invites someone (if the leader is the person who invited a player then he takes the place of that officer).

The payment I described isn't big, so feel free to modify it (or modify the whole idea).

Both suggestion parts will inspire players to get renown - that's the main idea.
    (I mean getting renown (especially when it's big) instead of items (especially when they are useless) in quest rewards)
    Last edited by TheRobai; 07-21-2010 at 05:20 AM.

The first part doesn't bother me, but I just don't care if it is there or not.

The second part doesn't really affect me either, but it doesn't feel right. I'm not saying you are up to something, but that's the way it comes across. Reminds me of my kids being sneaky.

Generally, I don't like the idea of the government (turbine) telling the corporations (guilds) what to do. Let the guilds get good or bad reps based on how they treat their members instead.

Overall, I can understand if you are worried about being griefed by a guild. i.e. you join and earn a bunch of renown and then get booted. That would be lousy. I'd say report it. Let turbine enforce the existing no-griefing policies before we make new laws that just screw the law abiding guilds.
    /sigh

Community Member

First Part.... Guilds that are overly concerned with epeen would just start dumping their casual members. What a wonderful thing that would be.

Second Part.... Turbine taking in game currency from players and giving to other players wouldn't work, for reasons that seem obvious to me.

What I would like to see is turbine allowing anyone(vip, premium, f2p) to start a guild for free. This would allow people who want to be left alone to not be bothered with tons of blind guild invites, which is the current situation.

I'm not saying that I like Guild idea very much or dislike it, I'm adjusting to the game.

The reason why I proposed this suggestion is this:
    - I always take 500 (or even 50) renown instead of quest items (unless those items are special), but nobody knows that.

So, why should I sacrifice my gold?
    I mean that it is not inspiring at all.

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Let the guilds get good or bad reps based on how they treat their members instead.
    Interesting point, but how can you measure that?

Quote Originally Posted by anynamewilldo View Post
    Second Part.... Turbine taking in game currency from players and giving to other players wouldn't work, for reasons that seem obvious to me.
    What do you mean?
    Players can give gold to other players without any problems anyway.
    And this is not the case when players will get more gold overall (because that gold will be subtracted from other players).
    Last edited by TheRobai; 07-20-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    I'm not saying that I like Guild idea very much or dislike it, I'm adjusting to the game.

The reason why I proposed this suggestion is this:
    - I always take 500 (or even 50) renown instead of quest items (unless those items are special), but nobody knows that.

So, why should I sacrifice my gold?
    I mean that it is not inspiring at all.
    YOU chose whether to take renown or an item. That is YOUR choice. I do not need my guild making that decision for me, or by proxy, Turbine.

YOU do not need to know how much renown I have gathered, since it is completely random, and I do not need to be paid for my renown, as it was farmed to help the guild.

Community Member

Sorry, but terrible idea.

1 -- as was stated above, renown is largely random.
    2 -- it is easier to get renown in Korthos than in Amrath.
    3 -- when a guildie needs to go, it is not because he hasn't farmed enough renown, so why should that have any bearing on how he gets kicked?
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

The first part of this suggestion (I think it was already suggested, since it so obviously needed):
    - show how much renown each player has earned

This will inspire players to get as much renown as they can.
    For example, in quest reward you sometimes can choose 500 (or more) renown instead of not useful items.

This way the leader can give some rewards for top members, etc.

The second part:
    When player has earned much renown he shouldn't be removed very easily from guild, agreed?

So, how about this (ignore the numbers here, this is just an idea):

- if player has earned less than 1000 renown then he can be removed by the officer who invited him or the leader, no payment here

- if player has earned from 1000 to 10000 renown then he can be removed by the officer who invited him or the leader and the officer pays (earned_renown/10) gold to that player (leader pays nothing)

- if player has earned more than 10000 renown then he can be removed only by the leader and player gets (earned_renown/10) gold, but this payment is split into 3 equal parts:
    a) (earned_renown/30) gold from the officer, who invited him
    b) (earned_renown/30) gold from the leader
    c) (earned_renown/30) gold from all other current officers (the sum is equally divided between those officers)

- if the officer, who invited that player is no longer officer or he left the guild then all officers pays that part of gold.

The idea is such that the officer takes some responsibility when invites someone (if the leader is the person who invited a player then he takes the place of that officer).

The payment I described isn't big, so feel free to modify it (or modify the whole idea).

Both suggestion parts will inspire players to get renown - that's the main idea.
    (I mean getting renown (especially when it's big) instead of items (especially when they are useless) in quest rewards)
    That can be a lot of renown. Also gold..? Dude that's so cheap I'd hate to get kicked and given a measly payment!

Make the renown be taken with the player. It's like basketball when the bull's lost Michael Jordan duh.

Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r1f1c View Post
    That can be a lot of renown. Also gold..? Dude that's so cheap I'd hate to get kicked and given a measly payment!
    Did you read what I said before?
    I mean this:
    ignore the numbers here, this is just an idea
    By the way, why quote the whole post?

I'm really surprised that NOBODY likes this idea.

At least first part of this idea got the attention:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3135007