Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Default Move the invite popup

I suggested this in another thread but thought I would give it a home of it's own.

It would be a lot less annoying for me if Turbine changed the invite notification to chat based rather then a popup in the middle of the screen. Similar to what you get when someone requests to join your LFM.

The tools can then keep spamming away their blind invites and those of us who want to ignore them can do so without getting distracted while playing.

Also means we can right click to squelch if we so want to.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

+1

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    I suggested this in another thread but thought I would give it a home of it's own.

It would be a lot less annoying for me if Turbine changed the invite notification to chat based rather then a popup in the middle of the screen. Similar to what you get when someone requests to join your LFM.

The tools can then keep spamming away their blind invites and those of us who want to ignore them can do so without getting distracted while playing.

Also means we can right click to squelch if we so want to.
    Like I said in that other thread I suggested this about 5 months ago, yet no confirmation from Turbine. No acknowledgement of even seeing it, so good luck in your endeavor.

edit: for what it's worth /signed and I hope they actually listen for a change
    Last edited by Zippo; 07-15-2010 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Community Member

heck yeah, /signed
    I hate that the window locks you out of interaction till you respond
    (cliff diving autorun ftw!)

+1.
    * Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

Default Education!

You can also educate those blind-invite spamers.
    Just follow the comming steps:

1) Getting an invite for the 3rd time without a tell: search a dungeon You like.
    2) Press the accept button.
    3) Hop into the dungeon (or wilderness if You prefere them) and go afk for a while. Maybe You want to watch Lord of the Rings extended Version or You need a shower or fresh beer or something.
    4) After a while the party have to disband. And maybe they keep in mind who that silly guy that blind invites was.

Actually I do not know what will take longer - the button being placed somewhere else or educating those stupid guys -, but someone has to learn the lesson. And reading the groupchat afterwards can make you smile.

Turbine is aware they just haven’t done anything with it.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Bit of a shameless bump because this is annoying.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

The above is brilliant but should be an option from the current. So both should exist.

I also think there should be a place for a message in the invite.

/invite <character> <message>

/invite Broccoli Hi, we need a veg to absorb fire in Redfang! Interested?

You can disable party invites in the options. so you then have 2 choices either turn on party invites when you need to be invited to a party or start the party yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Turbine is aware they just haven’t done anything with it.
    /sigh I miss Codog. One of the few that communicated well with the community.

He probably passed it on and since it was a low priority item it's probably still sitting on the bottom of a pile of suggestions 2 years later. Still it can't hurt to remind them so /signed.