Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Beating the Dead Horse On Reaver Crafting

Not gonna complain again about the lottery, we all know it's frustrating as hell.

Just want to know - is there any plan to ever revisit this? Is it on the dev plate anywhere?

PLEASE let us know if there is hope. Even if it is a light shining so far in the distance it seems to be a star in the sky.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Even if it is a light shining so far in the distance it seems to be a star in the sky.
    That's the Eye of the Wyrm that you're seeing there...

Community Member

/waits for someone to post one of my favorite graphics...

otherwise I would be curious to know this as well .. fortunately, there are now many better options for armor
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Thumbs down

I don't think they are gonna touch that lottery soon... nor later.

Think about it: is an adventure pack that, if you're ready to make some decent dragontouched (not amazing, just decent), you will spend a lot of time re-doing the four quests in there until you have something that match the necesities of your toon. In that time you're kepting busy and you don't use that time looking at the absence of any other quests around the whole game in the same level.

That lottery is a cheap resource to kept players busy without deliver something new. It's like Epic content, for that they aren't gonna fix it. And isn't lack of ideas (I saw a lot of good ones easy to implement) or resources... is simple that if you take away the bone from the dog, you'll need to buy a toy to kept the beast busy.

I really think in that case that they must do another thing, even easy to implement and can still maintein the Refuge like a bitten bone and is to make the runes across account, not bound to character.

For example I did the Refuge with my monk just for xp and loot not for the runes (since I like her in white dragonscale armor, even if isn't that good) and I have a bunch of those in her bank space... in the other place my Tempest/Ninja spy had that in robe version and I really could use the monk's runes to tune up the dragontouched... That doesn't guarantee something decent but almost I could use that runes that are laying dust around in the bank.

But I dunno they gonna do that either...

Si non confectus, non reficiat

It would be like a CHristmas Gift, if the DEV's would change this bad lottery system.

Even just today, I ran Prey to change my Tempest Rune from Exceptional Cha +1.
    Got Reduced Empower Healing 2 SP. Decided I'd run one more time to get something different...

Well I think the Devs have a Strange Sense of Humor!!!! I got back Exceptional Cha +1....LOL
    Last edited by Raiderone; 07-15-2010 at 02:40 PM.

I was dreading this system so much that I put it off until I TR'd. Figured my time was better spent running Shroud, Hound, and VoD until I got what I wanted. I recently started on my Dragontouched, and after about a week and a half I already have two robes I like:

10% healing amp
    Crushing Wave guard
    Destruction

10% healing amp
    Salt guard
    Enervation guard

It took far longer to make even my single-shard GS items.

The key is to save up the Eldritch runes (got plenty XP farming Monastary) and Tempest runes until you get two that stack, apply one, see what it is, put the other in another bag, and write down what it was. Takes a lot of Prey runs, but they're fairly quick, and easy to do while nothing else is going on. And when you identify all the runes you'll ever care to apply, you can crunch the others into Sovs.

What's more, if your gear requirements change, you can quickly modify your DT to what you want. Eventually, I'll need to move the +6 CHA and +5 resist on my rings somewhere else, once I get the ToD rings I want. Ultimately, I'd like that to be a set of Epic Kundarak Bracers, but in the meantime, I already have the runes banked that I'll need if the bracers take a while to make.

Then, for sovereign runes, only overwrite the ones you don't want at all (spell amp for a melee, etc.), bank the armors you do like (I have a Disintegration, and Radiant guard banked), then buy a new blank armor. Since you have the Eldritch and Tempest runes already stored, you can quickly get a good armor once you get a good Sov rune.

I suppose if you're going to be picky, and only accept your ideal Sov rune (e.g., you need Levik's for your build) it would be frustrating, but if you just want a good set of armor, better than anything outside a few epics, It doesn't seem that bad. But maybe I've been lucky.

Every once in a while..you strike it rich...

On my Ranger/Fighter build, on the 1st time (each rune), I got Resistance +5 and Protection +5...

How sweet was that?

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

Well I did my first one last night and got a little lucky I think. Only took five runes to get:

Magma Guard

Air Guard

+5 Resistance

I stopped figuring I had a decent first try.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentEnd View Post
    /waits for someone to post one of my favorite graphics...

otherwise I would be curious to know this as well .. fortunately, there are now many better options for armor
    Which one.

This one:

This one:

Or this one:
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member

#2 and thank you
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Not gonna complain again about the lottery, we all know it's frustrating as hell.

Just want to know - is there any plan to ever revisit this? Is it on the dev plate anywhere?

PLEASE let us know if there is hope. Even if it is a light shining so far in the distance it seems to be a star in the sky.
    I am glad you posted this, and feel it is something worth trying to get them to look at.

Maybe someone can ask at the Dev's the next time the do a Q & A...

Personally I would be happy if they would just make the runes identifiable in the chest! Perhaps you get the ability to identify them after so many runs or somethign sensible.

I still remember the run I did with Guildies where the Cleric got the Defender of Siberys rune and my DOS Paladin got one with Superior Devotion .

Barumar

Avoiding replacing things with worse things might get a little easier in U7. And some runes you don't like might be able to be... er... 'splodified.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin
    And some runes you don't like might be able to be... er... 'splodified.
    We can turn them into Draconic Grenades?
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    We can turn them into Draconic Grenades?
    Won't that make "mechanics" happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Barumar View Post
    I still remember the run I did with Guildies where the Cleric got the Defender of Siberys rune and my DOS Paladin got one with Superior Devotion .

Barumar
    This is what I hate the most about DT armor. My Sorc has had Destruction (arguably the best melee Sovereign rune) twice. I've grouped with people who pulled Greater Spell Pen 8 on their melees.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Avoiding replacing things with worse things might get a little easier in U7. And some runes you don't like might be able to be... er... 'splodified.

We got a response!

It only took 10,000 of these threads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barumar View Post
    I still remember the run I did with Guildies where the Cleric got the Defender of Siberys rune and my DOS Paladin got one with Superior Devotion :
    My defender fighter has gotten every single caster rune for the sov. slot. Some multiple times. But never has seen the Levik's.
    Last edited by Pwesiela; 07-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member

Care to elaborate?

I have thin mints wrapped in bacon...

So, in translation....

Reaver's Refuge=No longer end game content in Turbines Eye's, so hence a change is needed...

I'm assuming the following will take place:

1: All current unsused Runes collected prior to U7 will be Identified?
    2: Runes in chest will be identified after U7, there for traded to those who need them, via chest?
    3: All current and future runes will be bound to account?

Did I miss anything.... just how I would invision a change to the system... And thx Turbine for finally getting around to this in a timely manner...
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    So, in translation....

Reaver's Refuge=No longer end game content in Turbines Eye's, so hence a change is needed...

I'm assuming the following will take place:

1: All current unsused Runes collected prior to U7 will be Identified?
    2: Runes in chest will be identified after U7, there for traded to those who need them, via chest?
    3: All current and future runes will be bound to account?

Did I miss anything.... just how I would invision a change to the system... And thx Turbine for finally getting around to this in a timely manner...
    That would be perfect.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    This is what I hate the most about DT armor. My Sorc has had Destruction (arguably the best melee Sovereign rune) twice. I've grouped with people who pulled Greater Spell Pen 8 on their melees.
    destruction is awesome but not for monks since it doesn't work with handwraps my monk has it and i'm hoping they get around to fixing it because it took 67 sov runes to get it......hint hint fix it please
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast