Community Member

Default 6cleric/14wizard radiant servant/pale master build

so, i was doing radom stuff on my lvl 11 pale master wizard when i got a ridiculously crazy idea. i thought maybe if someone had 32pt build or drow they could make a 6cleric/14wizard radiant servant/pale master build.

i'd like some opinions on this, namely, do you think it would work? what would be it's limitations? would the arcane spells still be good enough to get past enemy SR and saves at end game?

i know you'd have to have EXTREMLY good gear, be able to play it EXTREMELY well, and have ALOT of luck. i was thinking you'd probably have to get the spell pen feat and enhancments to get past enemy SR at end game.

i was thinking the stats would be something liek this (if you made it drow):
    str=8-10
    dex=10-12
    con=14
    int=16
    wis=16
    cha=10

all in all, could this be a viable build?

In a word, NO!

Multi-classing cleric and wizard is an extremely bad idea - you dilute both classes to an extent that you don't want to for minimal gain.

Depends on what you want to do.

Do you want to get into ToD Pugs? Not going to happen.

Do you want to run Epic stuff? Not going to happen.

Do you want to have fun leveling from 1-20 and solo a lot? Would be a blast!
    Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Default Build

I could understand the build idea when 6 cleric got you the healing aura. With the aura moving to the 2nd tier of the PRE it seems like you would be giving away way too much for healing spells that could be replaced by pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

As posted above really.

This char will be ok to solo and fine in a guild but wont be very popular with pug groups. Problem you have is at cap you will be a sub par wizard and a very sub par healer. So sub par that unless its a free spot raid, like reavers, then most people would see including this char as wasting a players spot.

I like weird, honestly I do and if you roll this let me know how it goes coz I solo mostly and could give it a whirl but honestly..... I think your trying a mix thats gonna cause you some problems in game.

Also, dont forget your losing your capstone as a wiz for, what is in truth, mediocre healing.

IMO, if you wana go wizard, i would go WF and take recon, happy days.

If you wana go drow then go sorcerer, up your umd and heal from scrolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    As posted above really.
    Also, dont forget your losing your capstone as a wiz for, what is in truth, mediocre healing.

IMO, if you wana go wizard, i would go WF and take recon, happy days.

If you wana go drow then go sorcerer, up your umd and heal from scrolls.
    yeah, the healing was just goign to be for my self when i am not in undead forms, take osme load off the main healer you know? and i've tried makign a WF wizard and didn't liek it and i just don't like how sorcerers don't get as many spells as a wizard.

But yeah, i really like the wizard capstone, i just though if you could gear something liek this out right nad paly it right you might be able to make it work, guess it's not going ot be easy for my play style sense i like to group with people.

thanks for the comments everyone, guess DDO just isn't ready for a radiant servant/palem aster build

this can be closed now if no one else wants to comment on anything

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

No, for so many reasons. If you're really curious, I'll get into it, but it's a book I'd be writing.

What's the basic idea? Self heals?
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseJTS View Post
    and i've tried makign a WF wizard and didn't liek it
    O.O

Don't do it man.

You can accomplish what you are trying to accomplish with this bad build extremely well as a WF wizard, and have a useful end game character to boot.

Did you check out Impaqt's death star build? My build is similar to his, but I tweaked it a little. I'd start with that if I were you and customize it to your liking.

I'm not commenting about PM. You can always reset your enhancements.

Community Member Artis_Resistance's Avatar

I've considered something like this as well. Mainly for the Cleric line of enhancements that boost positive and negative spells. But the enhancements are just too tight to squeeze all the needed stuff in, especially if you're going to work in Radiant Servant.

But we can dream, OP. Because I think it would be a really fun build. Maybe someday when you've got a ton of extra +2 tombs. I would actually go 13Cleric/7Wizard for Firewall, Blade Barrier, Pale Master I, and RS I and II.

Quote Originally Posted by Artis_Resistance View Post
    I've considered something like this as well. Mainly for the Cleric line of enhancements that boost positive and negative spells. But the enhancements are just too tight to squeeze all the needed stuff in, especially if you're going to work in Radiant Servant.

But we can dream, OP. Because I think it would be a really fun build. Maybe someday when you've got a ton of extra +2 tombs. I would actually go 13Cleric/7Wizard for Firewall, Blade Barrier, Pale Master I, and RS I and II.
    When ever I am getting around to it I will be making a 11 cleric/7 wizard/2monk. Heal+BB+the good buffs from arcane and cleric and 7 wizard for FW and haste, 2 Monk for evasion and feats. Prob go Horc and go with High str just enough int/wis to cast the lvl spells I need rest into con using a THF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    D&D promotes gang activity? Ya, because when I meet a bunch of Crypts I obviously assume they are all D20 players.
    What a stupid ruling, we all know that D&D promotes satanism, not gangs.
    In-Game Eldgrim The Gray-FvS Life Now

Community Member Artis_Resistance's Avatar

What I'd like to know is if the Cleric enhancements stack with the Pale Master ones.

In any case, spell DCs and SR checks will be junk.
    Last edited by Artis_Resistance; 11-14-2010 at 05:55 PM.

If your just looking for easy self heals, I hear the Half-Elves might soon be able to accomplish this with a dillatante ability.
    "At the end of all things, let it not be said that I didn't pull the switch that killed us all."

Might be fun

But what about going more outside the box?

12wiz (pm) / 7cleric / 1monk

12wiz(pm):
    -wraithform + displacement (62.5% miss + no needing fort/ff/deathward?)
    -free metamagics
    -usual buffs etc

7cleric
    -extended divine power (who needs a pure melee BAB)
    -RS burst etc

1monk
    -cos kung-fu in an unholy aura will melt your retina's
    -stances, saves, another feat

I have a 11 cleric 9 wizard and i have a lot of fun playing her. She is the queen of buffs and when you can do your own firewalls and BB's, how can you go wrong. Do i ever request to get into a group, nah don't have time to answer questions. Has she done raids, oh ya.

But i went Archmage with her and got the extra spell points. Took the abjuration line so that i could cast resists for a lot less.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

when i got a ridiculously crazy idea.
    good assessment.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

when i got a ridiculously crazy idea.

This.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

i find it funny that people don't realize that the only way to make a truly god-like and indestructible failmaster, is to be drow.. or at least that was the case when you could *touch* yourself more HP's.

This can get the exact numbers of an archmage w/ certain tr's as well. (that's more in depth though)

shagath, back me up on this bro
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Nah... drow PM's are going to have an extra "feature" come U8. A natural SR 30 at level 20. You know how Spell Resistance 32 from the cleric buff can eat some of your Death Aura ticks? Yup... unless that has been fixed Drow PM's are going to be having a lovely time depending on their negative spells for heals that do respect SR bouncing off some of the time. This chance can be reduced to zero with a greater spell pen (+3), both spell pen feats (+4), and all three ranks of improved spell pen (+3) on a non-TR wizard. However that is going to take a while to acquire and lock up a fair amount of AP... I skip the Spell Pen III enhancement most of the time due to it costing a whopping 6 AP for only a +1 to spell pen.

Godlike TR Palemaster are leaning more towards Human and Half-Elf... Half Elf with cleric dilettante especially in the near future. 95% Heal & Harm scroll usage oh my!