Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Great read, looking forward to future level descriptions.

+1 to you good sir!
    Dystopia Starchucker
    Castaspella Practiced Spellcaster
    Ought Machinist

Thumbs up

+1, enjoyed the read so far, looking forward to seeing how you fare in later levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
    But you underestimate my ability to be horribly underpowered for long periods of time for the sake of an emotional attachment to an idea.
    Minstral of Mayhem
    Aces over Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgleno View Post
    Great read, looking forward to future level descriptions.

+1 to you good sir!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rav'n View Post
    +1, enjoyed the read so far, looking forward to seeing how you fare in later levels.
    Thanks! As you appear to be far more experienced in me, please let me know where you see I can improve.
    Returning player who is struggling to catch up with all the new changes.

Level 6 is done and level 7 is started.

Wherever bedlam and sorrow reside, you will find me lurking...

Quote Originally Posted by GuntherBovine View Post
    Why a Fearsome robe? It would make anyone that strikes me be hit with a Fear spell, but it is pretty rare that someone strikes me. Most of the damage I take is from spells. With a Robe of Invulnerability, ranged enemies rarely damage me. With a Fearsome robe, ranged enemies would be able to damage me and not be effected by the robe.
    The Fearsome will help out when you do get hit by melee types. Very soon, Invulnerability will be useless also as the mobs have "magic" weapons once you get around level 9 and up. The benefit of Fearsome is that it helps prevent you from being swarmed and beatdown. In addition, any creature hit by Fear has their saves reduced. Even if it only causes a Shaken status on a mob it gives them -2 to all saves. Spearblock will override the Invulnerability as magic ranged weapons don't bypass it. A light mithral spearblock shield is your friend. No spell failure and really helps to knock the ranged damage down. Bear in mind that if you run pugs, some players get annoyed by Fearsome. Some don't. I know it's a life saver for a solo squishy type though. My own Wiz/Rog caught a ton of flak when it was first created ( there was no Insightful Reflexes feat back then for one thing), but now, they are so common it's funny. A very fun character to play for sure! Good luck on your runs!
    Calamitous Intent***The Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by tchurvul View Post
    ...I even took his robe as a trophy. It's so comfortable..and it reminds me of the sweet sweet taste of victory. All who oppose me meet such a fate, so let it be a lesson to you.
    773-360

Level 7 is done and level 8 is started.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevthial View Post
    The Fearsome will help out when you do get hit by melee types. Very soon, Invulnerability will be useless also as the mobs have "magic" weapons once you get around level 9 and up. The benefit of Fearsome is that it helps prevent you from being swarmed and beatdown. In addition, any creature hit by Fear has their saves reduced. Even if it only causes a Shaken status on a mob it gives them -2 to all saves. Spearblock will override the Invulnerability as magic ranged weapons don't bypass it. A light mithral spearblock shield is your friend. No spell failure and really helps to knock the ranged damage down. Bear in mind that if you run pugs, some players get annoyed by Fearsome. Some don't. I know it's a life saver for a solo squishy type though. My own Wiz/Rog caught a ton of flak when it was first created ( there was no Insightful Reflexes feat back then for one thing), but now, they are so common it's funny. A very fun character to play for sure! Good luck on your runs!
    Thanks for the advice. For some reason, I never got an email that you had replied, so I only saw this when I was posting for level 8. I was thinking of changing to a different robe as when I get hit now, it is for a lot more than 4. I just bought a Fearsome Outfit of Light Fort and I will give it a try. I looked for a mithral spearblock shield and there are none on the AH. I will keep my eye out for one.

I really enjoy reading this journal too. Wish more people would join and do the same thing Keep up the good work

Level 8 is done and level 9 is started.

The Fearsome robe was a lot of help with the Mabar Dragon raid. I would get hit by a bunch of gargoyles and they would then all run off.

I have searched and searched for a light mithral spearblock shield and have yet to find one on the AH.

Level 9 is done and level 10 is started.

Level 10 is done and level 11 is started.

Community Member

Nice journal, but i wonder how you got 1+ millions of pp around level 7. +2 Tomes are going for over 250 K. At level 7 i probably had like 70 K mainly coming from collectible/essences sales.

Quote Originally Posted by aennae View Post
    Nice journal, but i wonder how you got 1+ millions of pp around level 7. +2 Tomes are going for over 250 K. At level 7 i probably had like 70 K mainly coming from collectible/essences sales.
    My recollection is by buying and selling collectables. This toon was before the AH was searchable. I would read all of the collectables listing, buy the cheap ritual ones and then when I had a set, reposting them. I would always at least double my money.

Quote Originally Posted by GuntherBovine View Post
    Level 10 is done and level 11 is started.
    Great journal +1 to you.
    Are you still running this wiz/rogue ?
    I just wondered if you would make any changes to this journey for the latest U11 and U12 updates? I want to start a toon that follows your journey but wanted to see if you had any new ideas since some of these updates have come out.

Also, have you had to change your system for making plat on the AH in 2011?

Thanks for taking the time to make this a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    Great journal +1 to you.
    Thanks!

Are you still running this wiz/rogue ?
    No

I just wondered if you would make any changes to this journey for the latest U11 and U12 updates? I want to start a toon that follows your journey but wanted to see if you had any new ideas since some of these updates have come out.
    People swear by a Pale Master, but I found it meh. I was probably playing it wrong. During the last few levels, quests took a really long time to do. I would guess that a lot of that was because I should have been zerging instead of methodically clearing everything as I went. Also I didn't know the quests, which made it hard to zerg.

Also, have you had to change your system for making plat on the AH in 2011?
    Read the "Make Money Fast" link in my signature

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123