Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shroud PUGs - a request

To everyone joining Shroud PUGs:

Please, don't stop to craft as you go! It means people waiting for you, and nobody likes standing around. If you're going to craft, the best way is to complete with the group, then use the portals that pop up at the end to go back to whichever altar you need - that way, everyone else can get on with whatever they're doing.

Occasionally, there may be a genuine need to craft en route; this is a serious exception, and if you really need to do this, at least have the decency to ask the group BEFORE the run starts. Waiting until you're half way through to go, "oh, anyone mind if I stop for 5 minutes to craft?" probably won't make you any friends.

I realise the people who most need to read this probably won't, but I'm posting it just in case.
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

Community Member

The Shroud has become New Korthos.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

As the OP said, there are circumstances when you do 'need' to craft as you go: e.g. crafting tiers 1 and 2 significantly before 3, and since you're farming for larges in part 4, you don't want to complete and craft afterward.

That said, you still could just wait till ransack when you may as well complete anyway, and craft then.

In any event, I think anybody can seamlessly craft as they go if they've done the right preparation.

Making the space in a bag and setting up all of your ingredients (1 type of each needed ingredient) on a separate line each for the focus, material essence and gem (or w/e they are) beforehand, so you don't need to be alt-tabbing / checking the mats, speeds the process up exponentially.

With all the buffing that goes on (which conveniently you are still affected by as the altar is right by the shrines where individual buffs usually take place) you have more than enough time to do the crafting you need (unless you are the one buffing, in which case definitely ask the group before hand, or just wait till you're running to completion).

Worst case scenario, if people are truly flying through, without many buffs, at a speed I've never seen in a non-speed PUG run, craft 1 or two of the amalgamated ingredients and get the rest next run.

Community Member

I once had a shroud pug completely fall apart at the 1st altar. The two people crafting couldn't get their recipes to work and started asking in party chat what they were doing wrong. Everyone else started yelling at them to go on to the second part, and eventually several people just gave up on them and recalled/quit.

One other way is to pretend you had a huge lag spike that lasted for a couple of minutes just as you were passing the altar.

That was funny
    Synaan : Synay : Synaya : Syngheal
    To lead is to follow your people.

1. the tier 2 altar can be found in amrath explorer area, and you only need to kill a few tieflings to craft at it.

2. your in a raid, be courteous of other people's time.

3. if you absolutely have to craft at tier 1 altar, take the time to line up all your recipe's in your inventory so you can drag - click - click - bam. done in 30 seconds which is the time it takes people to shrine/buff themselves.

having 6 toons i complete shroud on a regular basis with, I don't see this problem too often. Then again, i usually do it with players i recognize for hard/elite runs.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I wish I would have taken a screenshot.

Yesterday, some idiot demanded that we kill Harry in part 5, and then wait for them to craft using the other altars so they wouldn't have to complete.

Aside from numerous chides which delineated into expletives, we completed anyway after giving him a chance to ddoor out. I think he's still running around complaining about it.

And this was on Khyber, so it's not limited to one server.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post

Yesterday, some idiot demanded that we kill Harry in part 5, and then wait for them to craft using the other altars so they wouldn't have to complete.

Aside from numerous chides which delineated into expletives, we completed anyway after giving him a chance to ddoor out. I think he's still running around complaining about it.

*sigh*
    While i'm based on Thelanis, I play on other servers as well.

I did a reaver last week on a 20th favored soul on Argonnessen server, and granted any idiot who can put heal spells on there hotbar is more than capable of solo healing that raid at this point... there was a second healer in the group (and one spot left), and he absolutely demanded there be a 3rd healer or he 'might drop'.

It was a good chuckle
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Umm OK, I will agree that it might be considered rude, but if it was only one person they can catch up ... There is no need to wait for them to finish. I understand they can do second tier crafting at Amrath and I agree that they should. But to make 11 people wait for the 12th to finish crafting after part 1?? Come on guys, in that case I blame the raid leader ... Good grief, move on ...

If one or even two people are enough to make you not be able to complete the next phase of the Shroud now that cap is 20 ... well ...
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post

*sigh*
    had a clown do that on Ghallanda to I said ok anyone need to FO I am finishing 5 seconds and did my count down and finished got a hate tell from the jerk he thought I was joking and had started crafting kept sending me tells had to squelch him

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    Umm OK, I will agree that it might be considered rude, but if it was only one person they can catch up ... There is no need to wait for them to finish. I understand they can do second tier crafting at Amrath and I agree that they should. But to make 11 people wait for the 12th to finish crafting after part 1?? Come on guys, in that case I blame the raid leader ... Good grief, move on ...

If one or even two people are enough to make you not be able to complete the next phase of the Shroud now that cap is 20 ... well ...
    Well if the healer/healers starts crafting in part 3 and you start part 4 without them, it will get a little hairy with Harry

IMO - if you join a Shroud pug, you either FO before part 5 is finished, or you stay and craft after. Doing anything else is disrespectful towards the other people in the raid, unless "Crafting run" or something similar was announced in the LFM.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs

Don't forget some people might be new to more endgame related adventures and activities, so just in case, try to educate them calmly about it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Razcar View Post
    Well if the healer/healers starts crafting in part 3 and you start part 4 without them, it will get a little hairy with Harry
    If your healers in the shroud are the type that would do that, you probably won't complete part four either way
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    If your healers in the shroud are the type that would do that, you probably won't complete part four either way
    Touché

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    Don't forget some people might be new to more endgame related adventures and activities, so just in case, try to educate them calmly about it first.
    This is a good point - on my 3rd or 4th trip to the Shroud I was ready to craft my first tier. I was anxious about how much time it would take, and when I asked the raid leader if it was okay he just asked if I was completing or farming. When I said completing he pointed out the obvious, that I could just go back to the altar after Phase 5.

D'oh! I'd seen the portals at the end but had never thought about *why* you might use them.

Community Member

This activity infuriates me, what balls some people show that they consider their needs above all others to craft in part one and three of the shroud, whilst others are chomping at the bit to move to reall life matters or other raids while some have their eyes set to do the real crafting AKA part 5.

Unless its stated in the lfm or you're a crafting pro consider your fellow party members time please.
    Last edited by petegunn; 07-12-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    1. the tier 2 altar can be found in amrath explorer area, and you only need to kill a few tieflings to craft at it.

2. your in a raid, be courteous of other people's time.

3. if you absolutely have to craft at tier 1 altar, take the time to line up all your recipe's in your inventory so you can drag - click - click - bam. done in 30 seconds which is the time it takes people to shrine/buff themselves.

having 6 toons i complete shroud on a regular basis with, I don't see this problem too often. Then again, i usually do it with players i recognize for hard/elite runs.
    Or, form/join a "part 1 only farm" these do pop up fairly routine on my home server as people have problems getting the shard of power. Since they're only doing pt 1 and recalling then no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by petegunn View Post
    This activity infuriates me, what balls some people show that they consider their needs above all others to craft in part one and three of the shroud, whilst others are chomping at the bit to move to reall life matters or other raids while some have their eyes set to do the real crafting AKA part 5.

Unless its stated in the lfm or you're a crafting pro consider your fellow party members time please.
    I cannot rep this post...wish I could, but apparently my +1 to Peete is full at the moment...probabaly left over from the mass prot from elements thread.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    This is why I posted. I'm erring towards the assumption that some folks have just not thought this one through, and haven't realised how annoying it is. For the oxygen thieves who join a full run, then stop to craft at the first altar and drop, you blow puppy chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka
    That's fair enough, but if someone doesn't say anything, it may not be obvious what they're doing. You notice that you don't have a full group at the portal, so you hang on a sec for whoever to catch up. They're not responding to voice or party chat, not moving, just standing by the altar. Sure, after a minute or 2, you assume they're being a wanker and move on without them. I'm not complaining that a group is unable to complete with only 11 people, I'm complaining that it's annoying when people do this. Yes, you move on and git 'er done, but it's still annoying.
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

I once had someone start to curse up a storm on vc because he noticed that I dared stop at the altar in pt 1...

I squelched, finished my crafting, looted the 2nd chest and was in pt 2 before the clerics were done shrining.

To people that want to craft mid-run:
    Combine your ingredients into essence/focus/gem beforehand (can be done on another character!), and have them ready in your inventory.
    It takes less than a minute to imbue your shard and toss it in the altar with your greensteel blank.

If your pug has a problem with that, tell them they can save those 30-60 seconds by not asking for useless buffs.
    Mror Hold, 2nd in command - Thelanis
    Why am I a disgruntled vet? I could care less about nerfs, if the rest of the update worked.
    I hate epic, GSF !="generalist wizard", and my raid loot luck still *'in sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast