Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 197
  1. #121
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Joining

    I am officially applying for the guild. I am within your boundaries of whom you are looking to recruit. I do like to battle and have fun. Looking to play NO DRAMA. Can not stand the childish. Was in a clan prior, however I log in and now I am no longer in the clan. Hmm. Wonders. And I am old school d&d. Have the original Fiend Folio, guarded, yes, the one Mr. G was sued over. Would be an honor to join. Very active. Thanks in advance.

    p.s. I served 18 years in US Army. Operation Just Cause, D Storm/D Shield, 3 rotations to Saudi, OIF1, 2 years in Korea.
    Last edited by Botarian; 10-24-2013 at 08:32 PM.

  2. #122
    Community Member Prinol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2

    Default Recently Returned EU player

    Hello,

    I've recently returned to DDO after 18 months. I'm ex British Army and have always loved D&D from playing 1st edition basic rules, but mainly AD&D 2nd edition. I was heavily involved in a guild with a very similar philosophy back in the days of the EU servers, but it dwindled and folded as we progressed towards the move to the US servers. Since then I've only dabbled with builds and only have three of my original characters. I normally log in around 3pm (US time) for a few hours.

    I've always enjoyed guild runs and taking our time, whilst having a laugh. I've read through your guild rules and agree with them in their entirety. I would be honoured to be considered for your guild, and fully understand if such an invite were conditional/probationary, but please bear in mind I'm considerably rusty and still trying to work out all of the changes. My main characters are Prynol or Volyrrin, you can mail me on those in game or send a /tell.

    Thanks for your time.

  3. #123
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1

    Default In search of...

    Hey. I'm just getting back into the game after about 2 years away. I ran Sarlona before, and carried Eroyu the first to level 18. My old guild was good about teamwork and helping each other. So much has changed since I've been away. I'm looking for a friendly, helpful group that loves to have fun. I'm an Army vet, never meet a stranger, and enjoy helping others. I may not have much knowledge to offer, but I'll offer what I have to whoever needs it. I hate zerging, but don't mind it if the group was formed for that. I'm looking for a home. I've read some guild profiles, and Tyrs sounds like my kind of place. I hope you feel the same. My toon is Eroyu Drynn, Lvl 11 Shintao Monk.
    Last edited by Eroyu; 12-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.

  4. #124

    Default

    Howdy Eroyu!

    Definitely sounds good mate. I'll pm you in a bit


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  5. #125
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Hello

    I have my ALT toon, well by ALT I mean my current toon (currently a Level 3 Sorcerer) in Ghallanda. Im looking for an active guild to quest and adventure with. I'm a 38 year old teacher based in the EU and have been into D&D since AD&D. Played DDO on and off since its release. I have a young family so gaming time may be limited but would rather have limited time with like minded folks.

    Thanks

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polynike View Post
    Hello

    I have my ALT toon, well by ALT I mean my current toon (currently a Level 3 Sorcerer) in Ghallanda. Im looking for an active guild to quest and adventure with. I'm a 38 year old teacher based in the EU and have been into D&D since AD&D. Played DDO on and off since its release. I have a young family so gaming time may be limited but would rather have limited time with like minded folks.

    Thanks
    Hello there Polynike! Sorry I took so long to respond. If you are still interested, so are we. It sounds like you'd be a great fit with our loyal and rambunctious band of adventurers! We have a growing and very loyal EU contingent, and we take great pride in the international flavor we posses in Tyrs.

    Check your PMs for further instructions!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-17-2014 at 02:12 AM.


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  7. #127
    Community Member Arianka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    469

    Default

    wut do u mean by "hiring" a few good men and women?

    do we have to give u all our loot and then u "pay" us from that?

    i'm confused.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    wut do u mean by "hiring" a few good men and women?

    do we have to give u all our loot and then u "pay" us from that?

    i'm confused.
    LOL! I think I describe it quite well in my OP. We are a social guild, so we "hire" those who wish to have fun playing the game as a team, and wish to contribute to the "small town" feel of the guild. The goal of course is that the payola, or the payoff, is beneficial for all parties involved!

    I hope that cleared it up a bit for ya Alas, were you interested in joining, or just commenting?
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-17-2014 at 02:36 PM.


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  9. #129
    Community Member Arianka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    LOL! I think I describe it quite well in my OP. We are a social guild, so we "hire" those who wish to have fun playing the game as a team, and wish to contribute to the "small town" feel of the guild.
    not sure why u need to "hire" people. cant u just "look for" people to join?

    still confused.

  10. #130
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Is voicechat a requirement? Because while convenient, I personally prefer reading over listening, especially since it leaves my accustic attention free for emergencies upstairs with the kids and doesn't force me to use earplugs, not to disturb the baby hopefully sleeping by my side.

    My wife and I recently returned to DDO. We'd been playing a few months from preorder, but stopped playing when zerging became ubiquitous, even with our friends that started DDO with us (and got us to subscribe in the first place). We did not transfer from codemasters, since our attention was away from DDO during that window. So far we've been getting reacquainted with the game - and adjusted to the changes - in our private group with hirelings, which allows us to play at our own speed and react freely to (infrequent) interruptions from the kids or the baby.

    I'm usually playing rogu-ish builds, the wife healer-ish - she's currently trying out a warchanter, though, since our only unlock so far is the drow. We're playing VIP for now, usually during EU primetime.

    I became aware of your guild from Syncletica's blog and was thrilled to find it's on our 'home' server. (That's saying a bit much though, it's just that it was the first server on the list and now we have our only favor unlocks here ) It sounds, as if we might find like-minded people here, so I thought I'd ask if some of you would like to get to know us, to see if we're suitable 'hiring' material .

    I'm usually running with 'XMerin' when grouped with the wife, 'Peacegrown' (my WF r/w) when solo.

  11. #131
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default tyrs

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    not sure why u need to "hire" people. cant u just "look for" people to join?

    still confused.
    Don't get stuck on words. They are a great bunch of people...
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  12. #132
    Community Member Arianka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Don't get stuck on words.
    not sur wut u mean by this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    They are a great bunch of people...
    not sur y u told me this but is ok i gues.

    thanx.

  13. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinane View Post
    Is voicechat a requirement? Because while convenient, I personally prefer reading over listening, especially since it leaves my accustic attention free for emergencies upstairs with the kids and doesn't force me to use earplugs, not to disturb the baby hopefully sleeping by my side.

    My wife and I recently returned to DDO. We'd been playing a few months from preorder, but stopped playing when zerging became ubiquitous, even with our friends that started DDO with us (and got us to subscribe in the first place). We did not transfer from codemasters, since our attention was away from DDO during that window. So far we've been getting reacquainted with the game - and adjusted to the changes - in our private group with hirelings, which allows us to play at our own speed and react freely to (infrequent) interruptions from the kids or the baby.

    I'm usually playing rogu-ish builds, the wife healer-ish - she's currently trying out a warchanter, though, since our only unlock so far is the drow. We're playing VIP for now, usually during EU primetime.

    I became aware of your guild from Syncletica's blog and was thrilled to find it's on our 'home' server. (That's saying a bit much though, it's just that it was the first server on the list and now we have our only favor unlocks here ) It sounds, as if we might find like-minded people here, so I thought I'd ask if some of you would like to get to know us, to see if we're suitable 'hiring' material .

    I'm usually running with 'XMerin' when grouped with the wife, 'Peacegrown' (my WF r/w) when solo.
    Voice chat, at least with "ears on" even if you can't talk, is recommended but not required. We are a chatty lot while we play, but we do take time to type out info if you absolutely can't use voice chat sound.

    And if the signature isn't a clue, I'm "Syncletica," an officer in this guild and the editor/writer of the Monk guide and the blog.

    I'll try to keep an eye out for you and shoot you a Tell for a quick interview. I'm often on daily between 6-9 PM U.S. Eastern time. We do have a good Euro night-shift team if I read right that you're in the EU.
    Last edited by Spencerian; 01-30-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  14. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinane View Post
    Is voicechat a requirement? Because while convenient, I personally prefer reading over listening, especially since it leaves my accustic attention free for emergencies upstairs with the kids and doesn't force me to use earplugs, not to disturb the baby hopefully sleeping by my side.

    My wife and I recently returned to DDO. We'd been playing a few months from preorder, but stopped playing when zerging became ubiquitous, even with our friends that started DDO with us (and got us to subscribe in the first place). We did not transfer from codemasters, since our attention was away from DDO during that window. So far we've been getting reacquainted with the game - and adjusted to the changes - in our private group with hirelings, which allows us to play at our own speed and react freely to (infrequent) interruptions from the kids or the baby.

    I'm usually playing rogu-ish builds, the wife healer-ish - she's currently trying out a warchanter, though, since our only unlock so far is the drow. We're playing VIP for now, usually during EU primetime.

    I became aware of your guild from Syncletica's blog and was thrilled to find it's on our 'home' server. (That's saying a bit much though, it's just that it was the first server on the list and now we have our only favor unlocks here ) It sounds, as if we might find like-minded people here, so I thought I'd ask if some of you would like to get to know us, to see if we're suitable 'hiring' material .
    Well met Chinane!

    Syncletica covered things quite nicely I see!

    I would like to offer my thoughts about your lead concern. We do use in game voice chat when we run quests. Many of our guildies started out in listen only mode, and gradually began talking as they realized the laid back, fun nature of the guild. Its a medium/large sized group, but we run it tight knit.. everyone knows everybody, thanks to the awesome personalities we've come across over the years. Like Syn stated, listening alone is fine, but if you physically can, you'll probably want to join in on the hijinx sooner than later Never any pressure though.

    It sounds like you and the wife might make an awesome fit. We have a growing EU contingent in Tyrs which is very important to us. We ARE an international guild, and we are proud of that fact!!! Just track Syncletica down or any officer really, and let em know ya'll are interested in joining, and we'll see if we can't talk you out of it!! LOL!


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  15. #135
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I'll keep an eye out for tells .

    I would actually say hi when online, but i have no idea how to /who for members of a guild. The only ones i can reasonably find are sync's incarnations due to his naming policy, but he's usually running with kiri and i don't wanna be responsible for a failed stealth run, so keeping quiet

  16. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinane View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for tells .

    I would actually say hi when online, but i have no idea how to /who for members of a guild. The only ones i can reasonably find are sync's incarnations due to his naming policy, but he's usually running with kiri and i don't wanna be responsible for a failed stealth run, so keeping quiet
    My naming convention is one reason why my characters are never truly stealthy to other players.

    That said, do send me a Tell when you're online and we'll arrange a time to chat. I'll postpone any quests I'm doing at the time so that's not a problem. Have you dropped in at our website to read the guild rules? If not, you have a link now.

    Do set up a new account there on our website and Commodore can increase your privileges so you can get a better feel of Tyrs.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  17. #137
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Looking to join the ranks

    I would love to join this guild. I am 34 years old and live in close to Seattle, WA. I am a retired Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team leader and instructor. I have been a pen and paper gamer for about 23 years now and have helped play test Serenity. I help play test the beta of DDO and Star Wars Republic. I am a member of two guilds in Star Wars but really missed playing D&D since I retired from the Army and moved up here. I live to far away to play with my old group about an hour and a half away from where I currently live. I try to play at least a hour a day and three to four on Sat. and Sun. I currently am playing a 5 level pal and would love someone to show how much DDO has changed since the Beta.

  18. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewy316 View Post
    I would love to join this guild. I am 34 years old and live in close to Seattle, WA. I am a retired Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team leader and instructor. I have been a pen and paper gamer for about 23 years now and have helped play test Serenity. I help play test the beta of DDO and Star Wars Republic. I am a member of two guilds in Star Wars but really missed playing D&D since I retired from the Army and moved up here. I live to far away to play with my old group about an hour and a half away from where I currently live. I try to play at least a hour a day and three to four on Sat. and Sun. I currently am playing a 5 level pal and would love someone to show how much DDO has changed since the Beta.
    Hi Chewy! I think you'll get along great with our band of warriors!!!

    Check your PMs


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  19. #139
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewy316 View Post
    I would love to join this guild. I am 34 years old and live in close to Seattle, WA. I am a retired Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team leader and instructor. I have been a pen and paper gamer for about 23 years now and have helped play test Serenity. I help play test the beta of DDO and Star Wars Republic. I am a member of two guilds in Star Wars but really missed playing D&D since I retired from the Army and moved up here. I live to far away to play with my old group about an hour and a half away from where I currently live. I try to play at least a hour a day and three to four on Sat. and Sun. I currently am playing a 5 level pal and would love someone to show how much DDO has changed since the Beta.
    Leslie and company are a great group and very pro military you should have a good time with them,. For pnp play look at roll20 several people play that way and maybe you and your old friends can get together that way my old friends and I have played runequest that way and hope to do so again soon

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  20. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Leslie and company are a great group and very pro military you should have a good time with them,. For pnp play look at roll20 several people play that way and maybe you and your old friends can get together that way my old friends and I have played runequest that way and hope to do so again soon
    Thank you for the kind words We are going to have to schedule some time to play DDO Uska. I'm just starting to get back to playing again and there are some folks I want to get in quest with before the game goes the way of the hoola hoop!!


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload