Default Pale Master Build Request.

I am hoping someone can either link me to or reply with a well thought out and easy to follow pale master build plan that was created by a competent, experienced and knowledgeable person. I want all the new abilities with creating undead, taking wraith forms, self healing with negative energy and all that. I don't care what race really but I kinda prefer humans. I guess drow would be ok too. Thanks in advance.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

I have one and find it fun to play. But I'm not as you listed "a competent, experienced and knowledgeable person"

But I would suggest trying as a Warforged. I find that being able to easily heal myself with repair spells or change to wraithform and heal with neg energy to be a big help.

So no one has or knows of a good post U5 pale master build?
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Community Member

I know I cant seem to find any good solid info on a GOOD PM build.

I only have one pale master in my index so far...
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...69#post1693169

Its a drow rogue/wizard built to "assasinate" enemies with death spells and to use stealth and do traps etc... It has all the pale master enhancements worked into it.

Right now I'm playing a Warforged pure wizard pale master focused on summoning (using augment summoning) who uses greatswords and mauls in combat. I don't have a build written up for it though. I really enjoy it, although I only hit level 12 so far with him and don't quite yet have the AP for the undead forms.

Mostly a pale master build is simply about getting in all the feats: Spell Focus Necromancy, Impoved Spell focus Necromancy, Toughness, and Mental Toughness. There is a bit of planning in what order and at what you take them but its pretty straight forward compared to most melee characters. The build linked demonstrates it pretty well.

Stat wise... max out Int and have a decent con 14+ and do what you like with the rest.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Just to be upfront with this, I am not a fan of Pale Master.

Human 28-pt 17Wiz/2Rog/1Bard

Highlights:

1. If you're going to lose the Wizard capstone, 17 levels of wizard gives you the same DC on your spells as 19 levels. 17 versus 18 levels means one less for Spell Penetration.

2. Bard at level 5 means Cure Serious wands at level 5 with no UMD check.

3. Bard's also get UMD as a class skill, so was easier to keep UMD at full ranks.

4. With 23 ranks in the Perform skill, the Fascinate ability will have a DC of 43 (23 ranks + 15 item + 4 GH + 1 luck) + 1d20. Most mobs can't muster a 44 Will save, let alone the potential 63.

5. Cure Light with Sup Potency will be a nice-to-have in between undead forms.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674