Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ..and then..

Community Member

Default ..and then..

...and then i ran with the bestemest fvs ever...

This guy formed a party to do Summoning Lair... his first words were Ì don`t know this quest well, in fact it is my first time`..

no biggee there..

but then he starts spewing lines like ..``yer all noobs.. what are you doing.. stop.. you know *** etc etc.. and of course, knowing me like many folkes do.. I explode.. not nicely either.. I basically say that he knows jack, that his ego is moronic and that he is more then welcome to my squelch list.

Well anyhow.. I highly recomend him to the BEST PLAYER LIST... heck I bet even Aceita would`ve hated him :P

.. this was one of the fastest pugs I`ve ever dropped from in my life.

P.S. I hate beagles they smell like pooh...
    Begbie TY Cauthey

2014 DDO Players Council

Ace hates everyone.......as to the rest.....huh
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Community Member

Yeah.. i make little sense here, perhaps me typing when I'm drunk is a bad thing lol.

I'm not sure on everyone else's take on this server but some of these random pugs are brutal.

What amazes me more is that people will put up with rude, mediocre players from unheard of guilds, with no apparent skillz and egos the size of a 700 pound hooker.

I've had to drop from parties on my fvs because they said "no blade barriers, our vorpals are better dps!!!" to "you noob, where are you going.. err i see.. I am going the wrong way" (this guy got my goat and I swore a kaka-storm before squelching him and dropping)...

It is almost amazing when I run in a pug with new folkes that are pleasant, funy and capable of working well in a team...

..I'm almost ready to start a 3rd account so I can have 3 squelch lists
    Begbie TY Cauthey

2014 DDO Players Council

lol yeah. Unfortunately playersi n small guilds are going to PUG a lot and so they get to experience all the wonders of PUGS.

I remember myself having to drop group a few times myself since I can solo most quests, I just enjoy party dynamics and it's sometimes 'safer'. Most of the time I leave because the leaders are just so ridiculously clueless and I am not willing to risk 30 mins of my time laughing and saying, "I told you so".

My squelch list is full but there is the rare person where they don't get silenced as I am so looking forward to their pearls of wisdom that are funny as hell.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Quote Originally Posted by begbie View Post
    I'm not sure on everyone else's take on this server but some of these random pugs are brutal.
    Go do random pugs on Cannith for a couple of months and learn what brutal really means.

So the OP's **** doesn't stink and he likes to /ragequit groups alot. Cool story.

Me, I enjoy the laughs. I don't drop group, I cultivate the drama/hate/stupidity while completing the quest. If you Pug in the hopes of never encountering stupid people, the biggest idiot is you.

NO and then...!
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

when you pug, you start off with expecting a -10% compared to how you could have done it alone. anything better than that is a bonus.

you always get something in return. either some laughs on voice chat with some cool ppl, a faster completion compared to how fast you could have soloed it when ppl are competent, some really good laughs while witnessing just how dense people can be or just how big their egos can get, learn something from a better player than you, help a newbie learn a quest and feel like you are giving back to the community.

whichever of the above is the case, it is usually entertaining but if you are not prepared to gamble at least a bit, just do not pug and solo or stick to guild runs. complaining about a pug is like complaining about getting wet in a pool.

personally I throw pugs up for anything while levelling up. until I reach my capacity for stupidity for one night, then I stick to friend's list. either way, it is entertaining.
    BritsEthan Seelowe | Eosphoros | Fos | Olympic HeavyMetal
    elsa: ((so Role Play involves emoting? you mean like start listening to my chemical romance and dying my hair black?))

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    So the OP's **** doesn't stink and he likes to /ragequit groups alot. Cool story.

Me, I enjoy the laughs. I don't drop group, I cultivate the drama/hate/stupidity while completing the quest. If you Pug in the hopes of never encountering stupid people, the biggest idiot is you.
    Awww, someone needs a big hug!

/hug
    Synaan : Synay : Synaya : Syngheal
    To lead is to follow your people.

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by synkos View Post
    Awww, someone needs a big hug!

/hug
    Yuck! Don't touch Delt!!!
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Community Member Ashiel_Dragmire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vua View Post
    Go do random pugs on Cannith for a couple of months and learn what brutal really means.
    /QFT, although I've found that towards the end most PuGs are quite capable and friendly, worst one I had was a failed HoX where some elitist /ragequit when we failed (first run for several members, myself included).

Maybe I just got lucky...

Also, I apologize for all the crappy PuGs I've been a part of. Hopefully I wasn't the cause of too many of them.
    "I shall take my bow by opening my heart and revealing my wisdom...
    Belief or disbelief rests with you."

And then...

It's once been said, they're been demons of throrough flesh ! And I have become dust before the wind ! They've been loot of demons and light ! AND MY BONES ARE CRUSHED LIKE ASHES !

Mouse pads are not there to be smoked. Just sayin'...
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Yuck! Don't touch Delt!!!
    Not to worry, I have my disease immunity and proof against poison rings on

You and I shouldn't post in the same threads, tends to lead to infractions for both :/
    Synaan : Synay : Synaya : Syngheal
    To lead is to follow your people.

Had a Sorc do this to us in Sins of Attrition the other night. He ran ahead of the group and agrroed the entire dungeon used a DD and dropped group.

Didnt really slow us down, we just recalled reformed and completed. I must imagine some kid that is being ignored by his friends and parents giggling at his mischief not knowing he is isolating himself even further. Jokes on you my friend.

Dont remember his name but the group I was with will know if they read this.

V/R

I'm gonna have to counter with an opposite experience the last time I pugged.

I was managing an overflowing mailbox on my bard when I got a blind invite. Generally blind invites make my teeth itch, but I asked in a /tell, "do I know you?" to which the reply was "Not yet ". Well, that made me smile, so I asked what quest and the situation, and learned that this fellow only needed one vale quest to get Shroud flagged. I didn't have anything else going on, so why not?

Ritual Sacrifice, turned out the party leader wasn't terribly experienced with the quest and I ended up knowing more than the other members (scary thought, that). After a slightly rocky start, they all pulled together and made it a pretty good run. I think at least half of them (possibly more) weren't native to the English language, so that speaks even higher to me of their competence that they followed directions and succeeded in spite of my linguistic handicap. They came together and worked as a team, even though none of us shared any guild tags. The only name I can remember for sure is Pchelka (our cleric with the fabulous aura), then there was Wyrms-something (our tankish party leader), Airfurterre? I'm butchering the spelling I'm sure, I just called him "Air" was even a ftp paladin that got a guest pass to come along. Our monk liked to giggle and our caster went Pale Master, and it was actually a pretty fun group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx

Trying to invent the universe so I can make a freakin' apple pie from scratch..

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmooth View Post
    NO and then...!
    ROFL... You beat me to it!
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    If you Pug in the hopes of never encountering stupid people, the biggest idiot is you.
    Well Spoken Bruce!

... and an eggroll...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vua View Post
    True story
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast