This guide is now slightly outdated. Will be updating later when I've collected enough renown reports to confirm changes, remind me if I forget
- It depends on random luck.
- You can get 50, 150, 500 or even 1000 points each time you earn renown.
- Post response says 1500 is possible, can anyone confirm?
- Renown starts at the lowest value, but there is a chance of it being bumped up higher. A similar ingame system is turning in Festivult Coins. Sometimes you might earn a gold reward with a lowly copper.
- Your character's level makes a huge difference in that chance.
- Chances seem best when one level (or more) below your current quest. The chance gets significantly lower at more than 1 level higher, similar to how a quest's experience goes down.
- Difficulty mode: Elite seems to have a small bonus, Epic has a noticable one.
There are three different ways to earn guild renown:
- 1/10th the renown you'd recieve from other sources.
- Everyone in your party in the area will receive renown when it happens.
- Not everyone will recieve the same renown. You might get 50 while other members get 5.
- Each chest has its own chance, so be sure to do those quick optionals with one!
- Opening at-level chests is usually the "fastest" way to farm renown.
Quest End Rewards
- There is more to them than just your character's level & that of the quest.
- Your chance of getting renown from an end reward is affected by quest length (see the entry window). This also seems to have a small effect on the amount of renown earned.
- You have to give up your end reward to pick one. In other words they're costing you money, especially at high levels where your rewards might be worth up to 200,000 gold.
- It's better to try for these at low level. Nothing else is usually worth taking, and the quests can be much faster.
The best way I've seen to get lots of the big trophies is grouping underlevel. There are fast quests with many chests you can do to earn fantastic guild renown per minute. Some things to remember before the list:
- Even if you do these you might get nothing, it's all luck. But you'll have the best odds around.
- This assumes you are a group capable of handling the dungeons listed below and quickly. Don't try them if they will take you a long time or be too challenging. You can get renown in any quest, just playing the game as you usually would.
- True Reincarnated x2 characters who have to save them for experience points later kinda miss out on the big numbers
- Renown rewards are rarer after earning a bunch recently.
- The levels below are intended as the highest member in your group. You can do them even lower if you think you can
- The same dungeons will work one level higher on Hard, two on Elite, one lower on casual.
- Durk's Got a Secret, do the optionals. Watch out for acid. Detect secret doors & locks helps.
- Haverdasher. Most people miss the chest that spawns next to him.
- Kobold's New Ringleader, it can be worth checking for the first nameds instead of shortcut.
- Korthos, hard and elites. Some quests are better than others.
- Smuggler's Warehouse. Don't bother finding the gems if you can't do it fast - check for optional chests. Detect secret doors helps.
- Stealthy Repossession. Rush through and kill the named guys. Helps to have a group split up to hit levers. Watch out for dungeon alert if you're not a caster - it will be hard to hit the red named kobolds. Nasty trap at the chest. The time it takes going to the bar & talking to the quest guy to repeat adds up fast.
- Sunken Sewer. Requires intelligence to check for the spider or locks for locked area. Can be 3-4 chests + end reward in 1 minute.
- Freshly shipwrecked Turbine Point farming group (end rewards). I don't do this, but if anyone who does checks it out please reply with the results.
- Catacombs part 2. The siderooms have extra chests. Window farming or quest abandoning.
- Swiped Signet. May want to just reform after the Spiders. Up to 4 more chests & end reward (wisdom + locks needed) going farther but not worth it for most groups.
- Waterworks. Check for rares & optionals while you're in there.
- Come out and Slay.
- Depths series. Three chests with locks, secret door hides another.
- Irestone Inlet.
- Irestone Inlet (on hard or elite). A guild group using new twinked veteran characters to farm here will do very well... as well as having a chance to stockpile festivult coins & those new ioun stones. Very dangerous quest if you're not prepared.
- Tangleroot, with a lockpicker.
- Tomb of the Immortal Heart.
- Dead Predators. Secret door hides a chest. Window farm if you don't have fast load screens.
- Mirra's Sleepless Nights, with a rogue. Do the optional and return to the trap room for an extra chest.
- Purge the Heretics. Quest is significantly more difficult above normal. Secret door hides a chest.
- Redwillow's Ruins.
- Ruined Halls. Intelligence, lock, and secret door required for three chests.
- Gwylyn's Stand. One chest has crazy traps.
- Tear of Dhakaan. Don't forget the golem, other optionals sometimes have commanders with chests.
- Caverns of Korromar. One of the chests is locked behind a secret door.
- Stormcleave (if you can handle it quickly). Trapsmith gets 2 extra chests.
- No quests seem to be significantly better than the others.
- Tempest Spine.
- From Beyond the Grave. Stealth saves you tons of time. Running back to the dungeon takes awhile.
- Gianthold walkups on normal. Chests aren't too common in these, so only works well if with a solid group.
- Wizard King if with a fast group.
- Mired in Kobolds. Skip Sinvala
- Nothing stands out as being much better than other quests in this range unless you're a super zerger. Just quest as usual, the best might be quick outdoors rare groups? Please leave suggestions below!
- Hound of Xoriat. This works better if you check all the rares on the way to the dungeon. Go north at the meteor swarm and hit both the runes in the small passage. On the other side of the Halls of Lunacy portal, hit the rune right behind you. Go west and drop down a couple levels to the spider area. Run back up and west again to check the ghost. You may encounter two more rares on the regular way to the Hound of Xoriat dungeon. There's another two you can quickly hit if you make the climb to the VoD leap before entering the Lunacy portal, but experienced players only.
- Shipwrecked Spy.
- The Shroud. You will get significantly less renown if you take higher levels with you - but also get it done faster.
- A New Invasion & Sins of Attrition. Chest runs, only for fast people or if you join an already done group.
- Giant's Vault. The optionals can each have a chest at them.
- Mining for Ancient Secrets, if you can do it quickly.
- Epic Quests. The more chests (ie, Partycrashers) the better!
- Mining for Ancient Secrets & Giant's Vault again, they still give 1000s rarely.
- Shroud Elite.
- Demon's Den elite. Experienced players only or else!
- Subterranean rare run. Both speed and luck are big factors in how rewarding this is, but it can be fun to do as a guild even if you're unlucky (see Hound above, followed by Garamol or a trip through Xoriat. Xoriat: Check both rares on the way to hound there then take the other portal. Go north from the drop, swim in the acid, kill beholders to open a portal. Use it and find your way to the frozen wall at the west. Then use the portal to the beast to finish the run.)
There are many more options at level 20 (even if not as speedy for renown), but if all you do is log on for your scheduled Reavers & DQs don't expect lots. Shavarath quests can still reward big. Remember that the quest level compared to your own matters if you want more than 50s.
Does anyone have suggestions they'd like to add?
Have fun getting all your airships