Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

Brotherhood of BYOH hit level 60 this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by csivils View Post
    Brotherhood of BYOH hit level 60 this weekend!
    Huzzah!

Community Member

This guild sounds perfect for my play style. Is it still going?

Still going! We've settled down to about 10 folks who are on semi-regularly, but still tacking on the guild levels at a slow and steady pace. Leadership's shuffled a bit over the past year, but feel free to PM me a qualifying screenshot, or post it in this thread, and I'll see that someone gets you an invite...
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    Still going! We've settled down to about 10 folks who are on semi-regularly, but still tacking on the guild levels at a slow and steady pace. Leadership's shuffled a bit over the past year, but feel free to PM me a qualifying screenshot, or post it in this thread, and I'll see that someone gets you an invite...

Rolled a completely new Vet2 char with the intention of applying for the guild the day U15 launched but went back to my main on Orien. Still going to be painful leaving that toon behind but I want to be a little more social with the exact same provisos in the original post.

I have a Quad H build over on Khyber and he's a blast to play. But, being as you folks are here on Thelanis, I rolled up a vet II Quad H and blasted through Co6. I have screenshots of each of the quests (except the very first one Freeing Achka) just in case, but here's the last one.

I hope you will consider me for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Sent out a couple of invites for Lixix and Alyjx. (Sorry about the delay, Caarb!)
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Community Member

Are you still recruiting? I normally play my lvl 17 Monk Graknaw and I solo most quests. The main BYOH that I have so far is a cleric Henchie. (still trying to figure out the best way to BYOH without a henchie.) I am fairly new the DDO (A few months or so) and Graknaw is highest level toon.

Yes, we're still adding new members. Nothing wrong with relying on a hireling per se, provided you always keep yourself stocked with contracts! In fact, you'll notice that it's only some of the lower level entrance challenges which stipulate "no hireling".

That being said, I personally really prefer not depending on them. While it's rare that a BoBYOH party of more than 2 or 3 players converges, I prefer not worrying about taking up the extra slot. (And, by the same token, I prefer not breaking a sweat when I bring characters into a PUG and the "designated healer" is incapacitated.)

I've had decent luck on Monks by going Light and having lots of healing amp. Even a Pally 14/Monk 6 that I'd been running recently was able to solo Epic Normals as a melee using only Fists of Light with ~2x Healing Amp.

It can be a bit more of a slog, but accruing enough favor to access Silver Flame healing pots can also be worthwhile. At high levels, their cost is negligable.

Community Member

How do you get a Monk up to +2X healing amp? From what i've noticed you can only do 30% for class, then 30% for items...

Quote Originally Posted by thestonecracker View Post
    How do you get a Monk up to +2X healing amp? From what i've noticed you can only do 30% for class, then 30% for items...
    You can get more from items.
    Racial Enhancements.
    Past lives.

Healing amp is also multiplicative

Here's a good spot to look for healing amp details:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Healing_Amplification

A few major details to point out, though:

1. Human or Half-Elf can get racial bonus (up to 30% human, 20% Half-elf)
    2. Items of different values stack -- so you can wear a 10%, 20%, 25% (Bracers of Jidz-Tetka (sp?)) and 30%. Technically, you can also add the Finger Necklace on top of that for another 10% -- it's a slightly different effect than Healing Amp.
    3. Up to 3 Paladin past lives give 15%

So, theoretical maximum: 1.3 (racial) * 1.3 (monk) * 1.15 (Pally Past Lives) * 1.3 (item) * 1.25 (bracer of jid'z tetka) * 1.2 (item) * 1.1 (item) * 1.1 (Finger Necklace) = ~4.6x healing

That's kind of the over-the-top stunt value, though. A more reasonable, easy to achive path is to take the racial and class enhancements, Jidz tetka bracers, and a single 30% item (easily achievable at epic levels, achievable with some grinding before that) for 1.3 * 1.3 * 1.25 * 1.3 = ~2.75x.

I notice your Monk is Half-Orc, which means no racial for him, putting him at an "easy" 2.1x with the bracers and a single 30% healing amp item.

Since csivils started demonstrating the power of a good healing amp build in Epic content (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4611843), I tried out my own high healing amp melee (Half-Elf Hunter of the Dead 14/Monk 6) and probably won't start another solo-capable character without some serious consideration to the healing amp potential. Note that Half-Elves who *aren't* monks can get even better racial contributions by going Monk Dilletante, getting 1.2*1.2 from base racial and monk dilletante enhancements.

Note that Half-Elves who *aren't* monks can get even better racial contributions by going Monk Dilletante, getting 1.2*1.2 from base racial and monk dilletante enhancements.
    Just make sure you get a helmet ASAP

Community Member

That is good to know. I'll have to start searching around and getting items. As far as gear goes I'm really short. I need to start trying to run a few raids. (Can't play but on the weekends)

A friend of mine is searching as well for a new guild. We setup a guild for some of our RL friends, but most of them bailed from DDO. (We all used to play NWN on The North)

Community Member

I take it you guys are still around and recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Narzic View Post
    I take it you guys are still around and recruiting?
    Yup.

Here's a good spot to look for healing amp details:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Healing_Amplification

A few major details to point out, though:

1. Human or Half-Elf can get racial bonus (up to 30% human, 20% Half-elf)
    2. Items of different values stack -- so you can wear a 10%, 20%, 25% (Bracers of Jidz-Tetka (sp?)) and 30%. Technically, you can also add the Finger Necklace on top of that for another 10% -- it's a slightly different effect than Healing Amp.
    3. Up to 3 Paladin past lives give 15%

So, theoretical maximum: 1.3 (racial) * 1.3 (monk) * 1.15 (Pally Past Lives) * 1.3 (item) * 1.25 (bracer of jid'z tetka) * 1.2 (item) * 1.1 (item) * 1.1 (Finger Necklace) = ~4.6x healing

That's kind of the over-the-top stunt value, though. A more reasonable, easy to achive path is to take the racial and class enhancements, Jidz tetka bracers, and a single 30% item (easily achievable at epic levels, achievable with some grinding before that) for 1.3 * 1.3 * 1.25 * 1.3 = ~2.75x.

I notice your Monk is Half-Orc, which means no racial for him, putting him at an "easy" 2.1x with the bracers and a single 30% healing amp item.

Since csivils started demonstrating the power of a good healing amp build in Epic content (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4611843), I tried out my own high healing amp melee (Half-Elf Hunter of the Dead 14/Monk 6) and probably won't start another solo-capable character without some serious consideration to the healing amp potential. Note that Half-Elves who *aren't* monks can get even better racial contributions by going Monk Dilletante, getting 1.2*1.2 from base racial and monk dilletante enhancements.
    You also forgot in your healing amp calculations that if your a paladin of atleast 12 levels you can get both Hotd 1 and Hotd 2 for an extra 10% from each prestige.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456