Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The RUN

Community Member

Default The RUN

I noticed that on several occasion, person joins shroud and says " i need to run there"
    - Normally you get leader/caster/Bard saying " No, i will Gt you from subs"
    or something like that.
    And heres the fun part, guy stays there for 10 seconds, and drops group.
    I ask why?
    People don't see party chat or just ignore it?
    Or they think that running through vale to meridia will be faster then running from twelve to marketplace?
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

Some people dont pay attn to party chat. Others are just dense.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Community Member

Thats when you just don't invite them back. I always think of them as the 'share' people who get booted the second they ask/type for a share.

Also, some people say it in voice but it lost amongst other chatter or from someone talking very very quietly.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Get a teleport scroll, or a teleport rod. Problem solved.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member

I was guilty of this the first shroud group I joined. It's just inexperience. If you're not willing to run Shroud with someone who's going for their first time then yeah, don't reinvite them. Personally, I've got no problem with someone being new to a quest...just invite them back after they do the run and then explain why they didn't need to do the run in the first place so they know for the next time.

Did you say it? I know upon occasion you don't come in loud and clear for me personally. Also it could have been someone saying it who was squelched. That also happens since I know there are more then a few on my squelch list often times for rambling in voice. They make it off usually when I group with them unless they ramble again in which case it's back on the list until the next time.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Party chat? Oh yeah. I always forget there even is text chat in this game.
    Arasung -Arasang
    Eternal Wrath

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I was guilty of this the first shroud group I joined. It's just inexperience. If you're not willing to run Shroud with someone who's going for their first time then yeah, don't reinvite them. Personally, I've got no problem with someone being new to a quest...just invite them back after they do the run and then explain why they didn't need to do the run in the first place so they know for the next time.
    In my opinion if its there first time, then there should be no reason for them to do the 'hit and quit', or in better phrasing say you need to make the run and drop immediately.
    If they just stay those extra few seconds there is usually a plethora of party members saying they will get you dont drop.

Quote Originally Posted by bunkerhugger View Post
    Party chat? Oh yeah. I always forget there even is text chat in this game.
    When the guild I'm in pugs guildchat consists alot of, read green......read green..... read green......lots of reminders nowadays like us typers don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    When his lfm says, fast self buff yeah he prolly doesnt want to run with a first timer...
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Don't mumble. Don't inhale the microphone. Check your settings in voice chat. Again, don't quietly mumble. If you are going to use voice chat, please don't drunkenly slur or quietly mumble your words. Clearly enunciate, in a sound voice, what you are saying. Please. This PSA brought to you by the anti-mumblers guild of the Wonka Foundation.

Mumbler! Don't be that guy.

P.S. If you are not in a RL situation to speak clearly, then PLEASE type it out in chat. Seriously, don't make it worse by speaking quietly in software chat that was not designed to pick up quiet chatter. If you like this, then please go to Chatroulette and see some not-so-pretty pictures that eye-bleach cannot cure. Speak up, quiet person, please! We cannot hear you while your quote "girlfriend" unquote is in the next room and you are whispering on a voice chat. Type it in, insult-intended-at-target. (Apologies)

P.P.S. Oops, there go my rep points, darn. Seriously, speak up in voice, or in chat, but say one or the other. Use ALL CAPS if you need to, but please communicate. This game revolves around communication. Thanks.
    Last edited by MylesMDT; 06-22-2010 at 12:33 AM.

If they don't make the run alive, definitely don't invite them back.

It's happened. No kidding.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    If they don't make the run alive, definitely don't invite them back.

It's happened. No kidding.
    Did you get a tell," can someone come rez me?"

Lol That would be so effin awesome!!! "Sure stay right there, ill get one of the healers to drop and come out and get you fixed up, just hang tight let me teleport them to meridia first."

Ive dropped several people when making the run. I had a guy running from amrath once. He waited in amrath till we were full, then said, "gotta make the run" and dropped. The leader was a friend of mine, i asked for the star, invited another friend, and we all stepped in. That kinda stuff drives me nuts. Our lfms usually say, fast, self buffed. Dont think that we are going to wait for you to run out once the party fills, when you were sitting there waiting without saying a word.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Community Member

yup, or at the least, dont be a cheap a$$. buy a teleport rod from the store. problem solved. its what they made them for, and available for everyone to use.

*presses big red easy button*

card declined
    Last edited by woundweaver; 06-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    woundweaver 20 cl woundcleaver 20 barb woundbleeder 17 barb woundreaver 20 ftr woundheal 18 cl
    woundedsoul 20 fvs woundedfist 20 monk woundshadow 20 fvs woundtoaster 20 wiz woundtusk 15 monk

I bind in Meridia
    /death
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Community Member

I allways preffer to make the sacrifice and spending skill points in use magic device then grinding some gear to have it at least 50% chance on teleport scroll and m self sufficient.
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    I bind in Meridia
    /death
    all my toons are bound in meridia at all times, but some arent that smart, or they just reincarnated in some form. either way people should know, ask for a port, or buy one. dont wait until group is full

as i tried to convey above, turbine put the easy button there for people just like this. just like the "share" button irritates me when someone asks for a share to a quest that the quest giver gives you entrance to the quest. good example, someone asked for a share for von 3 yesterday. von 3!! didnt ask for von 1 and 2, just pt 3. i wanted to boot the whole damn group because of one persons laziness and unwillingness to learn and explore. what was ironic, was it was a tr asking....lol
    Last edited by woundweaver; 06-22-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    woundweaver 20 cl woundcleaver 20 barb woundbleeder 17 barb woundreaver 20 ftr woundheal 18 cl
    woundedsoul 20 fvs woundedfist 20 monk woundshadow 20 fvs woundtoaster 20 wiz woundtusk 15 monk

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    /snip The leader was a friend of mine /snip
    You had me until you used the word 'friend'. We all know Quik only has alts, not friends.
    -=Quantum Entropy - Sarlona Server=-
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelmallen View Post
    You had me until you used the word 'friend'. We all know Quik only has alts, not friends.
    Do I smell an all Quik shroud LFM soon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Knorgh (Pally/monk) Currently on life number 32

Quote Originally Posted by Towrn View Post
    Do I smell an all Quik shroud LFM soon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And the more important question, will it be followed by a Quik thread ranting about the other Quiks just piking?

Stay tunned!
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast