The data has been parsed, the results have been tabulated, the kobolds have been caffeinated, and it's time to announce the winners of the competition! It was an exciting race, with several guilds vying for position the entire time, and even some surprise underdogs coming back from behind. We will be contacting the leaders of the winning guild via email with further instructions for receiving their astral diamonds after Update 5 launches.
Our winning guilds are:
- For Loot and Glory
- Noble Fist
- Eternal Wrath
- Epic Fail
- Order of the Mystic Flame
Thanks to all guilds who participated in the competition, we received many great bug and feedback reports! We really enjoyed the competition, and since it went so well we may do more of this style activity on Lamannia in the future! We hope everyone got a great taste of the leveling system, and we look forward to seeing how guilds do once we make our final tweaks and set sail next week!
(Remember, general questions/discussion about guilds should be directed to the discussion thread.)
We’ve made several changes to our guild leveling system since our last competition, so it’s time for another competition on Lamannia! This time the stakes are higher and the number of chances to win is bigger! Winning guilds will receive astral diamonds for their guild on the live game servers once Update 5 launches! Ready to get started? Here’s how to get in on the action:
Guild Leaders may enter their live guilds into the contest by creating a new guild on Lamannia of the same name + server name initial as live using their normal game login.
- For example, if your guild’s name on the live servers is “Kobold Killers” and you play on Argonnessen, you should make your guild name on Lamannia “Kobold Killers A”.
- If your guild name is too long to fit, fit as much as you can and then include the first initial of your server name Example: “The Most Awesome Group of Kobold Killers EVER” who play on Argonnessen would be “The Most Awesome Group of Kobold Killers Ev A” on Lamannia.
- If you are unable to create the guild using the same character that leads your guild on the live servers, you may create a new character on Lamannia to create your guild, so long as you are still playing with the same game account as you do on live.
We will have several contest tiers that you may compete in depending on the size of your Lamannia guild team:
- Tier 1: 6 or Fewer Lamannia Guild Members
- Tier 2: 7 to 15 Lamannia Guild Members
- Tier 3: 16 to 40 Lamannia Guild Members
- Tier 4: 41 to 60 Lamannia Guild Members
- Tier 5: 61 to 100 Lamannia Guild Members
The amount of participants in your Lamannia team should remain static – you may not add to (or subtract from) your team after submitting your entry. Only the guild leader on live may enter your guild into the contest, officers and successors may not volunteer your guild into the contest. You may only begin leveling your guild after you submit your entry, so it’s a good idea to put your team together quickly and apply for one of the tiers listed above!
At the end of the competition, the guild with the highest level/most renown within each competition tier will win!
Each winning guild will win 200 astral diamonds in their guild coffer after the Update 5 launches! Your guild can use these astral diamonds towards the purchase of a luxury airship once you earn your renown on the live worlds!
Rules & How To Enter:
- The contest is open to registered players who are age 18 or older with an active Turbine account.
- You must be the leader of your live server guild to submit an entry form. Non-guild leader entries will not be accepted into the competition.
- Your guild must exist on one of the live server worlds to be eligible. You may enter an existing guild, or create a brand new guild on the live servers for the contest.
- Your Lamannia guild must start at level 1 for competition and may not use a guild with levels earned before the start of the contest
- You may not add to, or subtract from, the size of your Lamannia guild after submitting your entry form. The largest size of guild that may compete in the guild competition is 100 Guild Members (tier 5).
- Your Lamannia guild may begin leveling only after you have submitted your entry form
- If you find a guild leveling exploit on Lamannia, you may use it, but at least one member of your guild MUST report it to Turbine via the bug reporting tools, or private message to the Community Team, or your guild will be disqualified.
- Note that “camping” guild names to prevent live guilds from creating their Lamannia guild will result in your removal from the lamannia preview program and may include additional disciplinary measures as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
Entries will be accepted between Friday June 18th and Monday June 21st at 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). No entries will be accepted after this entry window. Guild leaders should use the following form to submit their entry:
Send the above entry form to email@example.com with the subject line LAMANNIA GUILD COMPETITION. No entries will be accepted after June 21st at 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The leveling competition ends Tuesday June 22nd at 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT), and Turbine will review the results and announce winning guilds Thursday, June 24th. NOTE: Due to the fact that Lamannia is a preview server, Turbine cannot guarantee constant content functionality on Lamannia, and any preview world downtimes will not extend the contest windows.
YOUR FORUM NAME:
YOUR LIVE GUILD NAME:
YOUR LIVE SERVER NAME:
YOUR LAMANNIA GUILD NAME:
THE NUMBER OF MEMBERS IN YOUR LAMANNIA GUILD (this determines which Tier you compete in):
I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LAMANNIA GUILD COMPETITION: Yes
- To level your guild on Lamannia, go into quests and start killing monsters, looting chests, and completing quests! Remember that renown is bestowed from killing monsters (you don’t need to pick up any treasure bags), and that the greatest amount of renown comes from quest completions and chests! Remember, there is no renown decay below level 25!
- You don’t need to be high level or VIP to contribute to your guild renown on Lamannia! If you have trouble transferring a guild character using the character copy tool, create a new character on Lamannia and play lower level quests and/or free quests – every bit of renown will help your guild!
- Need help accessing Lamannia? Click here!
- Need help finding the character copy tool? Click here!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participation in the contest constitutes players' full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules and terms and conditions. By submitting an entry, each player grants Turbine, Inc. a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works of, publicly display and otherwise use, in its sole discretion, any entry in any and all media for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, incorporation into future Turbine, Inc. products or services and the advertisement and/or promotion of Turbine, Inc. products or services. Turbine, Inc. shall have no liability for any alleged or actual infringement of a third party's rights in connection with any entry. Turbine, Inc. may assign, transfer or sublicense this license without notice. Turbine, Inc. reserves the right to edit entries as necessary in its sole discretion.
Turbine, Inc. is not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, or for any computer, online or technical malfunctions that may occur. Entries that are not in full compliance with the terms and conditions are void. Turbine, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any player who, in Turbine, Inc.'s sole discretion, has circumvented or attempted to circumvent these terms and conditions and to render void any subsequent entry by such player. Turbine, Inc. further reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time without notice. Turbine, Inc. is not required in any way to use any entries in The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM, Dungeons & Dragons OnlineTM or Asheron's Call® or any other products or services. Employees of Turbine, Inc., its licensors, distributors and agencies are excluded from participation. Prizes, if any, are not redeemable for cash. In the event that prizes are unavailable at the time they are awarded, Turbine, Inc. may substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value. Lost or stolen prizes cannot be replaced. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winning players.
By submitting an entry, each player agrees that they have not or will not receive any compensation or other consideration for their entry. Each player further agrees to release and hold harmless Turbine, Inc. and its licensors, distributors, agents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with their participation in the contest, including, not limited to, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
Round two, FIGHT!