Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Arrow NEW! Lamannia Guild Competition

The data has been parsed, the results have been tabulated, the kobolds have been caffeinated, and it's time to announce the winners of the competition! It was an exciting race, with several guilds vying for position the entire time, and even some surprise underdogs coming back from behind. We will be contacting the leaders of the winning guild via email with further instructions for receiving their astral diamonds after Update 5 launches.

Our winning guilds are:

• For Loot and Glory
    • Noble Fist
    • Eternal Wrath
    • Epic Fail
    • Order of the Mystic Flame

Thanks to all guilds who participated in the competition, we received many great bug and feedback reports! We really enjoyed the competition, and since it went so well we may do more of this style activity on Lamannia in the future! We hope everyone got a great taste of the leveling system, and we look forward to seeing how guilds do once we make our final tweaks and set sail next week!

-----
    (Remember, general questions/discussion about guilds should be directed to the discussion thread.)

We’ve made several changes to our guild leveling system since our last competition, so it’s time for another competition on Lamannia! This time the stakes are higher and the number of chances to win is bigger! Winning guilds will receive astral diamonds for their guild on the live game servers once Update 5 launches! Ready to get started? Here’s how to get in on the action:

Getting Started:

Guild Leaders may enter their live guilds into the contest by creating a new guild on Lamannia of the same name + server name initial as live using their normal game login.
    • For example, if your guild’s name on the live servers is “Kobold Killers” and you play on Argonnessen, you should make your guild name on Lamannia “Kobold Killers A”.
    • If your guild name is too long to fit, fit as much as you can and then include the first initial of your server name Example: “The Most Awesome Group of Kobold Killers EVER” who play on Argonnessen would be “The Most Awesome Group of Kobold Killers Ev A” on Lamannia.
    • If you are unable to create the guild using the same character that leads your guild on the live servers, you may create a new character on Lamannia to create your guild, so long as you are still playing with the same game account as you do on live.

We will have several contest tiers that you may compete in depending on the size of your Lamannia guild team:
    • Tier 1: 6 or Fewer Lamannia Guild Members
    • Tier 2: 7 to 15 Lamannia Guild Members
    • Tier 3: 16 to 40 Lamannia Guild Members
    • Tier 4: 41 to 60 Lamannia Guild Members
    • Tier 5: 61 to 100 Lamannia Guild Members

The amount of participants in your Lamannia team should remain static – you may not add to (or subtract from) your team after submitting your entry. Only the guild leader on live may enter your guild into the contest, officers and successors may not volunteer your guild into the contest. You may only begin leveling your guild after you submit your entry, so it’s a good idea to put your team together quickly and apply for one of the tiers listed above!

At the end of the competition, the guild with the highest level/most renown within each competition tier will win!

The Prize:

Each winning guild will win 200 astral diamonds in their guild coffer after the Update 5 launches! Your guild can use these astral diamonds towards the purchase of a luxury airship once you earn your renown on the live worlds!

Rules & How To Enter:

1. The contest is open to registered players who are age 18 or older with an active Turbine account.
    2. You must be the leader of your live server guild to submit an entry form. Non-guild leader entries will not be accepted into the competition.
    3. Your guild must exist on one of the live server worlds to be eligible. You may enter an existing guild, or create a brand new guild on the live servers for the contest.
    4. Your Lamannia guild must start at level 1 for competition and may not use a guild with levels earned before the start of the contest
    5. You may not add to, or subtract from, the size of your Lamannia guild after submitting your entry form. The largest size of guild that may compete in the guild competition is 100 Guild Members (tier 5).
    6. Your Lamannia guild may begin leveling only after you have submitted your entry form
    7. If you find a guild leveling exploit on Lamannia, you may use it, but at least one member of your guild MUST report it to Turbine via the bug reporting tools, or private message to the Community Team, or your guild will be disqualified.
    8. Note that “camping” guild names to prevent live guilds from creating their Lamannia guild will result in your removal from the lamannia preview program and may include additional disciplinary measures as outlined in the Code of Conduct.

Entries will be accepted between Friday June 18th and Monday June 21st at 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). No entries will be accepted after this entry window. Guild leaders should use the following form to submit their entry:

Code:
    YOUR NAME:
    YOUR EMAIL:
    YOUR FORUM NAME:
    YOUR LIVE GUILD NAME:
    YOUR LIVE SERVER NAME:
    YOUR LAMANNIA GUILD NAME:
    THE NUMBER OF MEMBERS IN YOUR LAMANNIA GUILD (this determines which Tier you compete in):
    I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LAMANNIA GUILD COMPETITION: Yes
    Send the above entry form to ddo@turbine.com with the subject line LAMANNIA GUILD COMPETITION. No entries will be accepted after June 21st at 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The leveling competition ends Tuesday June 22nd at 11:59 PM Eastern (-4 GMT), and Turbine will review the results and announce winning guilds Thursday, June 24th. NOTE: Due to the fact that Lamannia is a preview server, Turbine cannot guarantee constant content functionality on Lamannia, and any preview world downtimes will not extend the contest windows.

TIPS:

• To level your guild on Lamannia, go into quests and start killing monsters, looting chests, and completing quests! Remember that renown is bestowed from killing monsters (you don’t need to pick up any treasure bags), and that the greatest amount of renown comes from quest completions and chests! Remember, there is no renown decay below level 25!
    • You don’t need to be high level or VIP to contribute to your guild renown on Lamannia! If you have trouble transferring a guild character using the character copy tool, create a new character on Lamannia and play lower level quests and/or free quests – every bit of renown will help your guild!
    • Need help accessing Lamannia? Click here!
    • Need help finding the character copy tool? Click here!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Participation in the contest constitutes players' full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules and terms and conditions. By submitting an entry, each player grants Turbine, Inc. a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works of, publicly display and otherwise use, in its sole discretion, any entry in any and all media for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, incorporation into future Turbine, Inc. products or services and the advertisement and/or promotion of Turbine, Inc. products or services. Turbine, Inc. shall have no liability for any alleged or actual infringement of a third party's rights in connection with any entry. Turbine, Inc. may assign, transfer or sublicense this license without notice. Turbine, Inc. reserves the right to edit entries as necessary in its sole discretion.

Turbine, Inc. is not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, or for any computer, online or technical malfunctions that may occur. Entries that are not in full compliance with the terms and conditions are void. Turbine, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any player who, in Turbine, Inc.'s sole discretion, has circumvented or attempted to circumvent these terms and conditions and to render void any subsequent entry by such player. Turbine, Inc. further reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time without notice. Turbine, Inc. is not required in any way to use any entries in The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM, Dungeons & Dragons OnlineTM or Asheron's Call® or any other products or services. Employees of Turbine, Inc., its licensors, distributors and agencies are excluded from participation. Prizes, if any, are not redeemable for cash. In the event that prizes are unavailable at the time they are awarded, Turbine, Inc. may substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value. Lost or stolen prizes cannot be replaced. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winning players.

By submitting an entry, each player agrees that they have not or will not receive any compensation or other consideration for their entry. Each player further agrees to release and hold harmless Turbine, Inc. and its licensors, distributors, agents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with their participation in the contest, including, not limited to, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win.

Round two, FIGHT!
    Last edited by Tolero; 06-24-2010 at 09:58 AM.

If you need to transfer premium races and classes, or are looking to add more adventure packs to your Lamannia dungeon pool, Lord Poincelot is now available bestowing 1000 Turbine Points per account. Races, classes, and select adventure packs in the Store have also had their prices reduced in the Lamannia Store.
    Last edited by Tolero; 06-18-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you need to transfer premium races and classes, or are looking to add more adventure packs to your Lamannia dungeon pool, Lord Poincelot will appearing later tonight and through the weekend bestowing 1000 Turbine Points per account. We will also be having price drops on races and classes in the Store, as well as select adventure packs. Stay tuned for announcements once he's available and the price drops are ready!
    >.> It said 2000 before.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Quote Originally Posted by Dylos_Moon View Post
    >.> It said 2000 before.
    Yeah I was typing quickly and did a little keyboard mash there =/

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have a question Tolero. Say the competition does not get any guilds with 61+ members. Would that tier reward go to the second place guild in the next lowest tier?
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Edited: Nevermind Dylos pointed out a part I missed lol stupid poor reading skills XD
    Last edited by dragonruler; 06-18-2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Argonnessen Server Officer of ChaosKnights
    Ardrak (Human sorcerer) ~ Aryanaa (Human cleric) ~ Arynias (Human Sorcerer) ~ Arylia (Elven ranger) ~ Arylias (Human Favored Soul)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonruler View Post
    Do you have to be the guild leader on the live server to qualify your guild or can you start your guild on lamannia server for your guild on live? The reason why I ask is because not really anyone from my guild gets on Lamannia but I would like to participate in the guild competition.
    Your question is already answered in the OP:
    You must be the leader of your live server guild to submit an entry form. Non-guild leader entries will not be accepted into the competition.

So if you want to represent your guild on lamannia, you have to have the leader give you leadership on the live servers for the duration of the competition.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Fix link in Code section

The TERMS AND CONDITIONS link in the code section goes to an unavailable forum thread.

IM not sure if I succesfully signed up my guild. How do I find out if you got it and we are entered in the competition?

If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you.

Your question is already answered in the OP:
    You must be the leader of your live server guild to submit an entry form. Non-guild leader entries will not be accepted into the competition.

So if you want to represent your guild on lamannia, you have to have the leader give you leadership on the live servers for the duration of the competition.
    Actually, the LEADER on live does NOT need to participate. All (s)he has to do is sign up the guild. ANYONE can set it up and lead it I believe. As long as the leader signs it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixenuup View Post
    Actually, the LEADER on live does NOT need to participate. All (s)he has to do is sign up the guild. ANYONE can set it up and lead it I believe. As long as the leader signs it up.
    Leader on Lama needs to be the same as the Leader on Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    Guild Leaders may enter their live guilds into the contest by creating a new guild on Lamannia of the same name + server name initial as live using their normal game login.
    Now if that leader just creates the guild, slaps down some officers, and lets the rest of the guild pull the weight, that's their prerogative.

Re: T&C link
    Thanks, fixed now (was just a link to itself basically)

Re: If nobody is in the top tier?

I have a hard time imagining that a large live guild won't be able to pull 61 people together considering the DDO Daily group pulled in 300 from scratch. Remember, you don't have to reach 25...you just have to be higher than everyone else in your bracket...even if that means the furthest you got was level 5. If no one else got more than level 5, you win!

If no one else got more than level 5, you win!
    Well, I already have a level 4 guild entered in Teir 1 atm. Its a one man guild, not bad for a couple hours work I'd say, hoping there's not much competition for tier 1.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, I already have a level 4 guild entered in Teir 1 atm. Its a one man guild, not bad for a couple hours work I'd say, hoping there's not much competition for tier 1.
    Actually, I predict that Tier I and Tier II will have the most competition.

So, when it says number of people in the guild, we're going by number of characters, and not number of players (aka accounts)?
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Here's a little feedback for you Tolero.

While I really want to try the new content in update 5 on Lamania, it seems that I can't since the 5 characters I copied from each of my accounts all failed to copy. That's 10 characters total. I did roll a character up on to play on the server and also realized that some of the characters I copied wouldn't have been accessible because of not being unlocked on Lamania do to favor. That was my mistake, I forgot to copy the one toon that had the favor to unlock them. So maybe you can work on getting character copy fixed and reset as your next project.

P.S.

I know there is an official feedback thread for charactercopy on the forums and I have posted there also. It just seems that nobody from Turbine even looks at that thread to address the issue.
    Last edited by Kik97; 06-19-2010 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kik97 View Post
    Here's a little feedback for you Tolero.

While I really want to try the new content in update 5 on Lamania, it seems that I can't since the 5 characters I copied from each of my accounts all failed to copy. That's 10 characters total. I did roll a character up on to play on the server and also realized that some of the characters I copied wouldn't have been accessible because of not being unlocked on Lamania do to favor. That was my mistake, I forgot to copy the one toon that had the favor to unlock them. So maybe you can work on getting character copy fixed and reset as your next project.
    Favor wasn't unlocking anything that wasn't earned on lamannia anyway. However, there's an NPC on lamannia now that will give you 1000TP for talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Actually, I predict that Tier I and Tier II will have the most competition.

So, when it says number of people in the guild, we're going by number of characters, and not number of players (aka accounts)?
    Yea, too bad there's no Tier 0 for 1 man guilds .

Hey Tolero,

Sooo I'm guessing that if you're the only person that probably even has Lamannia downloaded in your guild then you're just s.o.l. on the competition then? While said person can still test out the updated renown given they just can't participate and win in the competition then?
    Ardrak (Human sorcerer) ~ Aryanaa (Human cleric) ~ Arynias (Human Sorcerer) ~ Arylia (Elven ranger) ~ Arylias (Human Favored Soul)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonruler View Post
    Hey Tolero,

Sooo I'm guessing that if you're the only person that probably even has Lamannia downloaded in your guild then you're just s.o.l. on the competition then? While said person can still test out the updated renown given they just can't participate and win in the competition then?
    Of course you can, if you are the leader of your guild.

Of course, it'd help if you take advantage of rule #7, but finding exploits that would work with only one person would be very unlikely (there was an exploit in the last version, but they fixed it, it was an insanely good exploit too)

Of course you can, if you are the leader of your guild.

Of course, it'd help if you take advantage of rule #7, but finding exploits that would work with only one person would be very unlikely (there was an exploit in the last version, but they fixed it, it was an insanely good exploit too)
    If I was leader of my guild I wouldn't be asking these questions.

I am probably one of the most active people in my guild that does stuff outside of regular game. (Except a couple of people)

You may not add to, or subtract from, the size of your Lamannia guild after submitting your entry form. The largest size of guild that may compete in the guild competition is 100 Guild Members (tier 5).

I have a question about that rule.

If I signed my guild up for t1. And just me, then someone finally decides to come help, or someone I couldn't get ahold of cuz they were doing RL things. Can I still add them the next day during the contest, as long as I keep the guild w/in the rule of 1-6 players for Tier 1?

I think we should be able to, as long as we don't abuse it and add people, drop them when they log, then add more. So six total people regardless max. Please clarify as soon as possible as this could really change the outcome. I solo'd my guild up to level 6 so far, would love to know if I can get one or 2 more of my active players over to help. I didn't want to wait and be that much farther behind everyone else during the time the contest is going!

Edit: Also kinda curious is the number of members via account? Can I swap to another one of my toons and have them in guild and still count as me? So I can experiment at each of the different levels? I have a 20, 12, 2. Would be nice to test with each of the 3.
    Last edited by Fixenuup; 06-19-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast