Community Member

Default Help with Korthos Rare Encounters quest

I just finished Misery Peak and Korthos is now free. Without telling me too much, can someone just give me a couple of clues to help me on my way finding the Rare Encounters? I have not found any of the three RE yet. I am going back through the gate to find the RE in hopes that I will find them now since Kothos is free and that the creatures have better treasure after I slay them. Is this quest worth doing? Do they have good treasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Morstel View Post
    I just finished Misery Peak and Korthos is now free. Without telling me too much, can someone just give me a couple of clues to help me on my way finding the Rare Encounters? I have not found any of the three RE yet. I am going back through the gate to find the RE in hopes that I will find them now since Kothos is free and that the creatures have better treasure after I slay them. Is this quest worth doing? Do they have good treasure?
    Waste of time unless you just want to see the rares. No, they do not drop anything great. They give a small experience bonus when you kill them, nothing major. The reason you can't find them if you're just running out and in is because you have to wait 5 minutes before your instance gets "reset." Or you can join a group to try to find the rares and reset group after searching the spawn spots. Not many groups do this as there is very little benefit but you can always try.
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

all three are adjacent to water (of sort)
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

It's not a waste of time. It's part of the fun of the game. Go find your first rare encounters. It will be exciting.

If I recall, they each have about a 33% chance of spawning. There's a Sahaugin, Ice Spider, & Ice Mephit. The Sahaugin can be found at an explorer point, the mephit is just past a bridge (underneath) on the way to a quest, and the spider is down some icy slopes on the way to another explorer point.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by eunucorn View Post
    It's not a waste of time. It's part of the fun of the game. Go find your first rare encounters. It will be exciting.

If I recall, they each have about a 33% chance of spawning. There's a Sahaugin, Ice Spider, & Ice Mephit. The Sahaugin can be found at an explorer point, the mephit is just past a bridge (underneath) on the way to a quest, and the spider is down some icy slopes on the way to another explorer point.

Best of luck.
    U noob!!!......telling what types of monsters they are

Just clear the whole map, they will pop eventually.

It is fun if it's the first time you have been in an explorer zone to find everything, in fact it's one of the things I love when new content comes out, a new explorer zone.

Sometimes rares are really really really shy, I have literally had to do 10's of map instance resets just to get one in some explorer areas.

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    Sometimes rares are really really really shy, I have literally had to do 10's of map instance resets just to get one in some explorer areas.
    I've done good at finding most rares, just by clearing the zone, killing to areas that look interesting, but i'll be damned if there are two in Three Barrel Cove that just won't show for me. Several dozen times i've been in fresh instances of it, and they just won't pop, level 18 now, so it's just spite now. :P

If you get stuck though, never feel ashamed of going here and looking for those rares:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Maps

Quote Originally Posted by tfangel View Post
    I've done good at finding most rares, just by clearing the zone, killing to areas that look interesting, but i'll be damned if there are two in Three Barrel Cove that just won't show for me. Several dozen times i've been in fresh instances of it, and they just won't pop, level 18 now, so it's just spite now. :P

If you get stuck though, never feel ashamed of going here and looking for those rares:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Maps
    Oh I know what your mean, one time I literally spent like a 4-5 hour session resetting the Amarath explorer to get the last rare, which was all I needed to cap my character.

I thought I was seriously losing it, finally it spawned and of course now it spawns all the time, I wouldn't put it past Turbine to put a timesink in here on these when your close to completing the rares quest in an area they make the last 1 or 2 you need pop very slowly.

It's annoying to, because some of the higher end ones are like close to 10k just for completing all of them, especially when you need it to level and are waiting on it because if u level off something else your over level for the area and then there goes all your work.

Can't nitpick too much tho, there is and insanely large amount of XP in this game, even for TR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Morstel View Post
    ...Without telling me too much, can someone just give me a couple of clues to help me on my way finding the Rare Encounters?...
    i guess no one read this part?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    i guess no one read this part?
    It's hard to add to eunucorn's post without giving it away entirely

Quote Originally Posted by The_Other_Ted View Post
    It's hard to add to eunucorn's post without giving it away entirely
    At least he left out their names... heheh!