Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasterqb View Post
    I agree. However it is rude to zerg ahead when people aren't ready.

I also agree that there are far too many afks in the shroud. I have been in a few where around half the party went afk all at different times. Because of some afks i have missed other lfms, late to guild raids/missed completely and even late meeting friends irl when people go a little overboard with the afks. I do however like the shroud and that you can get a drink or take a bio break without missing anything unlike say vod or hound but it has gotten to a point where i have to plan for the worst.

But personally i like the waiting before part 3 because it allows everyone to zone in at the same time and get their solvers set up at the same time so i dont have to say go into a puzzle a little bit later than some and have them breathing down my neck after they solve theirs or enter a room already solved.

A good reason to wait would be for the people with spell points to get them back at the end of part 2 so they can buff without shrining for part 4. Things get a little hairy sometimes in part 2 and since those people are responsible for buffing the whole raid. Not a major reason but worth consideration and after the pug shrouds i did a couple days ago its valid.

But nice story OP. Better than a mundane run.
    Ok i know this changes to " how do i run shroud" but.
    What are you doing in part 1?
    Bringing solver up would be one of a good things there since you can sometimes go afk or 20-30 secnds a portal. so why waste that time just before part 3?

2nd People with spell points shrine, and ... why should anyone else wait for them?

Buffing before part 4... so fire, sonic, fom, poison, Gh maybe, masses. so its like 500 sp?
    Do your puzzle and start jumping in water in part 3 since most of teams like healer to stay in center [ not me personally but w/e]

But as Zombie and couple others said only problem with part 3 is when someone wont say they can't solve their puzzle, or if someone just leaves his puzzle behind unsolved [ i just love this ghost rooms]

But waiting 1-2-3-4-5 mins after part 2 so everyone can shrine, do bio and w/e else? No way move your shiny slow poke behinds.
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiler View Post
    Ok i know this changes to " how do i run shroud" but.
    What are you doing in part 1?
    Bringing solver up would be one of a good things there since you can sometimes go afk or 20-30 secnds a portal. so why waste that time just before part 3?

2nd People with spell points shrine, and ... why should anyone else wait for them?

Buffing before part 4... so fire, sonic, fom, poison, Gh maybe, masses. so its like 500 sp?
    Do your puzzle and start jumping in water in part 3 since most of teams like healer to stay in center [ not me personally but w/e]

But as Zombie and couple others said only problem with part 3 is when someone wont say they can't solve their puzzle, or if someone just leaves his puzzle behind unsolved [ i just love this ghost rooms]

But waiting 1-2-3-4-5 mins after part 2 so everyone can shrine, do bio and w/e else? No way move your shiny slow poke behinds.
    When i say set up puzzle i mean get the puzzle you have in the solver. If you found a way to know what puzzle you have for part 3 while in part 1 then please share.

Why should people wait? Hmm why not? It takes what under 15 seconds or so to shrine?

Buffs you stated are way over 500 spell points when cast on 10+ people. But most arent even needed. Poison? It comes in a pot. Sonic? A couple of Orthons in the beginning but hardly worth the effort. But like i said if you had trouble in part 2 the casters need to shrine. You never had an idiot just keep killing them prematurely or only grab a couple and run off.

Yeah the only problem with part 3 is when people cant do there puzzle and no one knows or can get it unlocked.

The only reason i personally dont want it to happen is because there are people who instantly unlock doors and start screwing it up when others are working on it. Only reason it isnt done before them is they had a heard start. Also shrining in part 2 is smarter than part 3 because you can get to the wall faster and leads to less time waiting to buff everyone. If everyone shrined in part 2 then the casters wouldnt have to waste their time waiting for people to get to the wall.

And who said 1-2-3-4-5 minutes? I am talking 15 seconds tops. Not so the wall doesnt come out but to be polite. Really is similar to little kids seeing a chest and running towards it. Shows how little patience some people have. And if you read my post you would see i dont want to see a lot of afks if any in the shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiekenny View Post
    Out of a couple hundred shrouds I have seen the wall maybe 3 times. Its a non-issue really.
    Unless you're in a really awful group that clearly has new players struggling to work together and get stuff done...

Those extra 30 seconds to 2 minutes can be very significant. For example, maybe the leader wants to explain what is going to happen in there for the new people, or figure out who is going to be picking/knocking, or people want to get their solvers (losers) loaded up.

My preference is to jump in, solve a puzzle, and run around seeing if people need help, then either knocking/picking and solving those other puzzles, or calling for someone to come unlock a room so I can get in there. If I'm on my wizard I often get 2-3 puzzles solved before the entire group has zoned in.

Still, it's probably worth gauging how your group is performing before leaping in ahead of everyone.

Hell, had one Shroud about a month ago where, for the first time ever, I experience TWO walls!

We had no rogues, one sorcerer didn't have Knock (or Web apparently...no ****ing clue what he was doing) and neither sorcerer was responding to chat (either voice or text). Apparently, the one who did have Knock was running around unlocking rooms and slowly solving puzzles himself. The first wall was up before we managed to get him to respond to any pleas, and then he ignored my insisting that he stop solving puzzles and start opening rooms for everyone else to solve, as that would be faster. Ended up having one of the two surviving party members just run around breaking crystals and putting in water, while the last member just waited in the center to raise people.

UGLY, UGLY Shroud.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

It was not my intention to have an argument on waiting or not waiting before entering part 3.

When I lead a shroud on my wiz, I always shrine at the end of part two for a number of reasons, one, I do it while giving directions on what to do, and what not to do when I am in a pug with players I have never run with before, two, to make sure I have knock loaded, and three, to load up the link for the solver in case I land in a room that I need it for.

Now if I am in someone else's group, I will run it the way they do, shrine or not shrine, if I join a LFM that says "fast" then that is what I do. If I am in a guild run, or a run with players I run with on a regular basis, then I know everyone knows what to do, so no need in stopping and making sure at every step of the way.

As for the wall this is the third time I have ever seen it in a thousand or so runs, and the only run I have ever seen it seven plus times in one run
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Community Member

When i say set up puzzle i mean get the puzzle you have in the solver. If you found a way to know what puzzle you have for part 3 while in part 1 then please share.

Why should people wait? Hmm why not? It takes what under 15 seconds or so to shrine?
    15 seconds so why wait?
    I go will start my puzzle you shrine and only lost 15 seconds so wheres the problem?

Buffs you stated are way over 500 spell points when cast on 10+ people. But most arent even needed. Poison? It comes in a pot. Sonic? A couple of Orthons in the beginning but hardly worth the effort. But like i said if you had trouble in part 2 the casters need to shrine. You never had an idiot just keep killing them prematurely or only grab a couple and run off.
    Yeah if gave by one person true, but you have rangers, paladins, bard(s) casters to split the buffs.
    And yeah i know they come in pots, and no i dont need them but its bare minimum [ except sonic i see as overkill] that i ask casters to buff on rest if im leading pug shroud. [ either way they will give tone of **** we dont need but w/e]

And who said 1-2-3-4-5 minutes? I am talking 15 seconds tops. Not so the wall doesnt come out but to be polite. Really is similar to little kids seeing a chest and running towards it. Shows how little patience some people have. And if you read my post you would see i dont want to see a lot of afks if any in the shroud.
    "Sry guys i will go afk for a sec brb "

You tell me we should wait because its only 15 seconds
    I say i dont see point in waiing since its only 15 seconds.
    end of topic

I only seen messing with puzzles if somone know how to do them, but im young.

OMFG youre a newb.

Fire? Comes on item, dont bother passing it. Also comes on pot (20)

Sonic? 20 pot is more then enough for the 4 orthons that are likely to be cleaving anywwho.

GH? Nobody needs gh in pt 4 or 5, if they want it, they can get it themselves.

Poison? Pot/wand it, or skip it altogether. No reason to have poison nowadays.

That leaves fom (make the ranger do it)

Healers should shrine, go stand on group, mass pro, prayer, recitation, wait for haste, and go. How many sp is that?

If someone dies because they didnt have the right buffs, call them a newb, and instruct them where they can buy the proper pots, or farm for the proper items.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    That's probably true. I've also learned recently that if I'm the only caster, then I should not agree to help take down Fire's HP even a little bit. I got aggro when I took off 25% of his HP and the other two players who supposed to be prepping and killing Fire wandered away instead of actually taking aggro back. I certainly don't mind killing Fire by myself.

I have a set of Firestorm Greaves and Fire Resist and Fire Shield (Cold) and Evasion, so I just threw a Reconstruct every couple of minutes and kept asking someone to take Fire away from me so that I could go kill the crystal when it was time.

That never happened.

Take fire down to 10%, run up to crystal and throw a couple extended hot fw on it, run around to the north around the corner and pwn fire once things start dying. No reason a caster cant solo fire and take care of the crystals if need be. (though fire can easily be taken by the rest of the group as well.

I really don't care how many shrouds you have. You could have 11 million shrouds and it won't make me thank someone for sprinting into part 3. I'm not going to get all ****y about it, but the only thing that I get ****y about in the shroud is when someone throws us into part 5 before I get a chance to shrine.

I don't even personally care if people click the altar after part 5. I like to complete my shrouds. Someone asked for a good reason to wait for part 3. I think I gave one. It might not be a good enough reason for you to wait the extra 30 seconds, but it doesn't mean you have to whip out your e-peen and a tape measure.
    I agree. However it is rude to zerg ahead when people aren't ready.
    I agree.

I also agree that there are far too many afks in the shroud. I have been in a few where around half the party went afk all at different times. Because of some afks i have missed other lfms, late to guild raids/missed completely and even late meeting friends irl when people go a little overboard with the afks. I do however like the shroud and that you can get a drink or take a bio break without missing anything unlike say vod or hound but it has gotten to a point where i have to plan for the worst.
    If im in a pug thats going to take 40+ minutes to complete, you can bet your sweet ebutt that ill be going afk at some point. Likely you wont know it though, as ill do it in one of the huge buffing sessions

But personally i like the waiting before part 3 because it allows everyone to zone in at the same time and get their solvers set up at the same time so i dont have to say go into a puzzle a little bit later than some and have them breathing down my neck after they solve theirs or enter a room already solved.

A good reason to wait would be for the people with spell points to get them back at the end of part 2 so they can buff without shrining for part 4. Things get a little hairy sometimes in part 2 and since those people are responsible for buffing the whole raid. Not a major reason but worth consideration and after the pug shrouds i did a couple days ago its valid.

But nice story OP. Better than a mundane run.

Once again, nobody really needs to spend a bunch of time buffing, then shrine, then more buffs before pt 4.

Pull up a 5x5 or the circle. Those are the only two any one should need a solver for ever. The rest can easily be solved without a solver by ANYONE. If some people just took the time to teach others, or to learn from others (the learning street is two ways and if its broke on this level its both sides fault usually) nobody would ever need a solver for a 4X or 3X. So in part 1 you can pull up one or the other and have a 50% chance of it being the right puzzle for pt 3. Not clairvoyant I know, but 50% closer

Quote Originally Posted by rdasca View Post
    It was not my intention to have an argument on waiting or not waiting before entering part 3.
    Welcome to the forums, where we put up threads and watch them take on a life far greater than we ever expected

Seriously though, its far past time for this. The first ftp players came in around september. They have had 9 months of practice. Its time to stop running the shroud in 45+ minute pugs. We all have larges to farm, get this time down below 30 minutes please.

People please, If you are going to run the shroud, get a fire resist item. They are easy enough to get. Buy a stack of poison pots. Buy a stack of rage pots (yes you mister ac build that doesnt want rage) put the darn shield away and swing a big arse weapon or two. Yes PUT THE SHIELD AWAY!!!!!! Know if youre looking for a shard and be ready to roll if one pops up. Why in Gods name does it take some people 30+ seconds to roll? /roll dXXX it aint that hard.

If I say i got my own buffs, thats what it means. It doesnt mean i need to be buffed 3 more times for good measure.

If youre intimidating harry in pt 4, swing your weapon. There is no reason to have a shield out.

Stop whining for mass pro all the time. Buy some pots and drink em.

Stop giving wf'd fom and poison, they dont need it.

People, I spent 72 larges last night, and I NEED MORE!!!!! LETS FREAKIN GO!!!!!

That is all, have a nice day

EDIT::while im ranting, whats with these groups of level 20s that need 2 healers for titan? OMFG lets go, you dont need any healers for titan much less 2 :/

EDIT EDIT:: Why are casters finishing pt 4 with mana? Dump that mana faster. Clerics have spells to dps, too
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Driving the Clown car in the skies above Sarlona!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    OMFG youre a newb.

Sonic? 20 pot is more then enough for the 4 orthons that are likely to be cleaving anywwho.

Healers should shrine, go stand on group, mass pro, prayer, recitation, wait for haste, and go. How many sp is that?

If someone dies because they didnt have the right buffs, call them a newb, and instruct them where they can buy the proper pots, or farm for the proper items.

Take fire down to 10%, run up to crystal and throw a couple extended hot fw on it, run around to the north around the corner and pwn fire once things start dying. No reason a caster cant solo fire and take care of the crystals if need be. (though fire can easily be taken by the rest of the group as well.

I agree.

If im in a pug thats going to take 40+ minutes to complete, you can bet your sweet ebutt that ill be going afk at some point. Likely you wont know it though, as ill do it in one of the huge buffing sessions

Once again, nobody really needs to spend a bunch of time buffing, then shrine, then more buffs before pt 4.

Pull up a 5x5 or the circle. Those are the only two any one should need a solver for ever. The rest can easily be solved without a solver by ANYONE. If some people just took the time to teach others, or to learn from others (the learning street is two ways and if its broke on this level its both sides fault usually) nobody would ever need a solver for a 4X or 3X. So in part 1 you can pull up one or the other and have a 50% chance of it being the right puzzle for pt 3. Not clairvoyant I know, but 50% closer

Welcome to the forums, where we put up threads and watch them take on a life far greater than we ever expected

Seriously though, its far past time for this. The first ftp players came in around september. They have had 9 months of practice. Its time to stop running the shroud in 45+ minute pugs. We all have larges to farm, get this time down below 30 minutes please.

People please, If you are going to run the shroud, get a fire resist item. They are easy enough to get. Buy a stack of poison pots. Buy a stack of rage pots (yes you mister ac build that doesnt want rage) put the darn shield away and swing a big arse weapon or two. Yes PUT THE SHIELD AWAY!!!!!! Know if youre looking for a shard and be ready to roll if one pops up. Why in Gods name does it take some people 30+ seconds to roll? /roll dXXX it aint that hard.

If I say i got my own buffs, thats what it means. It doesnt mean i need to be buffed 3 more times for good measure.

If youre intimidating harry in pt 4, swing your weapon. There is no reason to have a shield out.

EDIT::while im ranting, whats with these groups of level 20s that need 2 healers for titan? OMFG lets go, you dont need any healers for titan much less 2 :/

EDIT EDIT:: Why are casters finishing pt 4 with mana? Dump that mana faster. Clerics have spells to dps, too
    LMFAO....thanks I needed a good laugh today!
    Castagir (completionist), leader of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Other alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others. http://fightingclownsofsarlona.webs.com/

I really don't care how many shrouds you have. You could have 11 million shrouds and it won't make me thank someone for sprinting into part 3. I'm not going to get all ****y about it, but the only thing that I get ****y about in the shroud is when someone throws us into part 5 before I get a chance to shrine.

I don't even personally care if people click the altar after part 5. I like to complete my shrouds. Someone asked for a good reason to wait for part 3. I think I gave one. It might not be a good enough reason for you to wait the extra 30 seconds, but it doesn't mean you have to whip out your e-peen and a tape measure.
    Epeen. . .hahahahha.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

You may want to look back at your own posts then - you're the one that started bragging about soloing one of the red named in part 2 or whatever. And no, none of the reasons provided have been worth waiting for, and if people consider THAT zerging...well, whatever. A lot of us just have a very low tolerance for waiting, because any form of delay typically means multiple people deciding it's AFK time. If there was actually a logical reason for making a coordinated entrance into part 3, I'd go for it, but so far it's just been personal preferences.

Also, as you may or may not have noticed by the snickers over your post, moops is actually female. Then again, per MyDDO you don't even play on Sarlona. So in the spirit of welcoming you to the Sarlona forums, we like to mock people who make claims with no logic behind them. You can expect Tanka to show up with a funny picture at some point too if he's back to reading the forums again.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Just a notice that girls can have epeens. It's not like it's a real one anyways.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Well sure, but it's still funny :P
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    You may want to look back at your own posts then - you're the one that started bragging about soloing one of the red named in part 2 or whatever.
    I don't think that saying I took on Fire by myself when I was on an evasion caster was bragging. That would be like saying, "I just finished soloing Waterworks on ELITE!" - on a level 12 character. It's just not that hard to do.

Also, if you noticed, I said that I wasn't able to handle Fire on my own. He couldn't deal any serious hurt to me, but I also couldn't get to the crystal in time after I killed him. I was pointing out a problem that I had in the Shroud and agreeing with something that a very reasonable vyvy3369 was saying in a reasonable post. I do just fine in the Shroud when things are mostly okay. If something goes wrong, I can often help pull our collective PUGging bacon out of the fire. I can't do it all on my own, though. Is it bragging to say that I still have more to learn about taking on the Shroud?

I know that people have solo'd parts 1-4. I find that mind-boggling. I look forward to posts like Solmage's suggestion of killing fire sort-of near the center after I lay down a Wall of Fire on the crystal - it's simple, straightforward and effective. And it would never have occured to me on my own because "keep all the bosses as far away from the center as possible" has been drilled into me so often.

If you don't find my reason to be sufficient to wait for people to go in together, that's fine. You asked for a reason and I provided one. Its up to you to decide if that reason is sufficient to change your Shroud practices.

You don't have to wait for the rest of the party when you're moving through part 1 of Delera's either. You can probably take on each room full of undead on your own when you're running that chain. I just happen to like moving on to different parts of a quest together. If you don't, that's fine. Like I said already, the only thing that really bothers me in the Shroud is when people click the portal after part 4 before I get a chance to shrine.

Also, as you may or may not have noticed by the snickers over your post, moops is actually female.
    Yeah, but on the Internets, everyone is a 16 year old girl with a LiveJournal and a Twitter account anyway, so it doesn't matter. If we didn't have e-peens to wave, none of us would care about most of the stuff in DDO. Does anyone REALLY need that one last piece of raid loot? Or did we just work for it because we like that feeling of accomplishment that comes from successfully grinding out that 20th completion, etc.?

Community Member

OMFG youre a newb.
    Yes i am i still need fom as a spell;/
    Stupid paladin spell selection;/
    And i like madstone boots vs von 6 boots.

Not that i dont love when i ask for fom, get evey friggin possible spell i havent asked [ even ones i can get myself] and guess what, no fom.
    Last edited by Shiler; 06-17-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Yes i am i still need fom as a spell;/
    Stupid paladin spell selection;/
    And i like madstone boots vs von 6 boots.

Not that i dont love when i ask for fom, get evey friggin possible spell i havent asked [ even ones i can get myself] and guess what, no fom.
    N00b x2

I never said dont get fom. I know the value of having it cast on you, try reading the rest of the post
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

<snip>

<snip>
    meh .... Understood.

Well most runs I do these days are in the 25 to 35 minute range, of course this one took a tad longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

WF FvS for the win!

It wasn't me in this run, but my WF FvS has saved a few shrouds
    Englorious Basteurds - There the only ones who can put up with me.

OMFG youre a newb.

I agree.

One of these days I'd like to run with Quik, srsly.

Quik your post is Spot On, but there is too many newbs/noobs around and it was a pug... you are preaching to no one that will listen my friend.
    Englorious Basteurds - There the only ones who can put up with me.

Driving the Clown car in the skies above Sarlona!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    One of these days I'd like to run with Quik, srsly.
    Meh, been there done that. Butter is by far more fun to run with :P
    Castagir (completionist), leader of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Other alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others. http://fightingclownsofsarlona.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mws2970 View Post
    Meh, been there done that. Butter is by far more fun to run with :P
    Yeah, butter's as n00b as they come, doesnt surprise me one bit you like running with him better....
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast