Default Build Demand on Sarlona

I’ve been spending a lot of time lately waiting for raid groups to fill and I have to admit it has been getting on my nerve a bit. I have very limited game time and one of my main goals aside from getting the last piece if raid loot I am looking for is completing my 20th ToD. My last 2 ToDs took 1 to 1.5 hours to fill. ToDs before that have taken a lot of time as well, but it seems like it has taken longer lately. I can’t really do anything about that, so I have decided that I need to make a new character that is in higher demand in raids and epic content than monks are.

So my question is this: On Sarlona, what builds are in the highest demand for raids and epic content? Having said that, I want to exclude healers now as I have tried my hand with them and didn’t really enjoy it. Recently (aside from healers) it seems we are most often looking for warforged tanks and intimitanks. Anything else?

I know a lot of people out there have lots of alts and this might seems like a silly question to them, but I prefer to play one main char at a time until certain goals are reached. With my other “main”, I am just an Encrusted Ring and 2 ToD runs shy of my 20th which were among my initial goals for that char.

Thanks in advanced you’re your advice,

Ez

what I see most tods waiting for is healers, kiter, and main tanks, in that order. You always have some goof waiting for a light monk or bard, but these aren't near as critical to success as the aforementioned.

Maybe try a melee fvs. You can still do solid dps, and fill a healer spot when needed. Healing raids is much easier than healing pugs as you level.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Hmmm. . .Well a Bard is less expensive to make than a a WF tank or intimitank if you don't have the time to grind for gear--In fact you could play naked and just bring your songs and most people would be happy. . But i suggest making a melee Bard, they are a lot of fun, and people will be more likely to accept 2 Bards into their group if they know that one can at least melee.

But you might still end up waiting---Casters and Bards have the same catch 22--many people think that they really desperately need at least one of each to raid, but at the same time they think that if they take 2 of either class their raid will fail or something.

With a WF tank or an Intim tank, even b4 you get gear, you will have a shot at one of the 8 spots most people set aside for melee.

That said there are many of us on this server that will take 4 casters and 3 bards into a group, if you do go either route, get familiar with them.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

At least casters can sometimes secure a spot by saying they'll heal a warforged main tank, so if you have a caster, it's a good idea to have the reconstruct spell, and a couple of points into the recon enhancement doesn't hurt, specially for wizards. *(Sorcerer fast casting compensates for not having it)

Also, good kiters are always in demand. Good kiters that can reconstruct or handle orthons by themselves with flesh to stone or whatever as the need arises, even more so.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

But i suggest making a melee Bard, they are a lot of fun, and people will be more likely to accept 2 Bards into their group if they know that one can at least melee.
    Some will, but many will refuse you to a group once they have a Bard, even if you're a decked-out melee build.

So if you really want to get groups, play a healer.

Community Member

Melee, kitting, healing fav soul, and your spot is secure
    Never to few of these.
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

Community Member mediocresurgeon's Avatar

Play whatever character style suits you best, and don't worry about that "classes" or builds are in demand. People remember good players and good characters, and you are likely to get spots in a raid if they remember successes with you in the past.

If you are looking at the LFMs and notice that a ToD is taking 1-2 hours to fill, that probably shows that (a) the party leader does not have a lot of confidence in their players/characters, so they are being ultra-picky, and/or (b) players looking at the LFM see who is in the group and are not confident that the group will succeed (nobody wants to waste their time).

If you want to run ToD consistently and without waiting, band together with your friends (via guild, user channels, or /tells) and start one of your own. Don't wait around forever for the "perfect party" and instead try to use what resources you have to their best advantage. (This is far more important that what classes/builds are in your group.)
    Last edited by mediocresurgeon; 06-12-2010 at 02:31 AM.

The nerfing will continue until morale improves!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mediocresurgeon View Post
    r (b) players looking at the LFM see who is in the group and are not confident that the group will succeed (nobody wants to waste their time).
    This is pretty huge. If I see a few names I recognize as good people in a raid I will relog ASAP and join, otherwise I think about it a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiekenny View Post
    This is pretty huge. If I see a few names I recognize as good people in a raid I will relog ASAP and join, otherwise I think about it a lot more.
    Well, of course. What's more, you watch for people you don't want to see, and do the math. 1 good, 1 ok, 2 bad, 4 unknowns.. hmmm.

In general, ToDs with certain people and of certain guilds fill within minutes, sometimes faster. (Which is why perhaps few folks get to see them now that I think about it, heh)

But I was merely replying to the build question, and short of a healer in some capacity (WF healer, general healer) and kiter, the next tier down would be horoth tank and sally tank, and then plain dps.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.