Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shroud Drama ... Sarlona Edition

Ok. So i was just in a Shroud and wow just wow.

So i logged in, checked my quest timers and noticed a couple shrouds both with no healers. So i figured i would join even though i knew i would have to wait a little bit for another healer. Shroud was really slow filling that last healer spot and the leader said he would start asking people in tells. Being curious i checked Who to see if there were any free ones and there werent very many. So a couple minutes after i was asked if i could solo heal it. I wasnt really happy with being the only healer so i asked if we could wait for another one. Also i hate throwing singles in raids :/ mostly cause alot of people have fom boots or already have poison/fire and say something after i throw it. Everyone understood and some said they would feel better with more than 1 anyway. So a few minutes later we got the other healer and we were off to send Harry back to Shavarath where he belongs

So we are on part 1 and portals are going down fairly quickly i wouldnt say one rounder by any means but under 2 easily. Halfway through i notice the other healer taking some damage not alot but he is no where to be seen. So since healing in part 1 isnt really a high priority unless you have a Suicidal barb i went to look for him. So i find him seconds later standing face first against a wall what i can only assume to be waiting for a cavity search. We finish part 1 without any problems(duh!) and are off to loot the chests. After we are done the healers says "I go relog" claiming he couldnt move. So i shook it off and hoped he would be able to be all ready by the time we hit part 4.

We decide to take out the trash in part 2 while he is gone and all things going smoothly. He makes it back, loots the chests and comes down to south central. Someone drags and we start prepping them. Things are going ok, people arent staying together so masses arent working but not a problem. Then i look and notice i am the only one healing...again. And sure enough the healer is right next to me facing the wall again. Anyway we do it no problems.

So we are done loot the chests and wait for him. Still waiting.... still waiting. He then says again "I go relog" and at that point we are a little peeved and deicide to start part 3 without him. A few people didnt know their puzzles no problem we got them done. One death dont ask me how, must have been bad luck but we got it done and then the healer logs back in and we loot the chests. While the healer is getting back to us he zones in and says he doesnt know his puzzle(we completed part 3 at this time) and we have to send him a guide. He comes to the party, loots his chests and i tell him there is a shrine back there (he was at 3/4ths sp) but ignored me.

On part 4 i got Displacement idk if others did too but there was very little damage to heal clearing trash. Saves my sp cause it looks like i am the only healer. So we zone in(healer included) and sure enough its time for his hobby of watching paint dry. Think the leader is nervous cause he is telling everyone to get behind the intimtank and clarifying i am the only healer. So the blades are coming in and we decided to get out. 2 people back out and are heading right for me, just asking for me to get owned by meteors. But i wasnt too scared of that cause i have enough health to take them but we lose one person after we pull out so not terrible. Heading into round 2 apparently the paint has not yet dried. Melees go for round 2, blades are in and Harry is finished off in the blades. We go to loot the chests and i dont think i need to tell you what happened next but i will anyway. Healer said his catch phrase relogs (this point i hoped he was kicked cause he hasnt done any work) and comes back. This time he shrines and i actually think he might help. So far he has looted parts 1-4 without throwing a single heal or attacked a single mob. Let's see if he has what it takes for a perfect Shroud. The leader asks people to help me heal part 5(not me) and i am given pots. Was skunked on Ingredients also.

Part 5 we go! Get to the pool i throw masses and hit everyone with a fom and things are looking up. Healer on the right wall in the middle and i lose what little faith i had left in him. We go to kill Fire and he says "Wait! i go relog". He logs out and melees are still beating on fire knowing he wont help. Harry is here and the healer is still no where to be found, finally comes back halfway through. We are going pretty good although 2 died while i was drinking but we finished. Got everyone all raised up, had to drink a couple pots but they were given to me. People who were leaving left and we got the completion for those who wanted it. I got scales so i am all happy.

But i would just like to say thank you to everyone in that group. I was grinding it on my melee the other day and lost interest all together. Would like to thank everyone who donated pots for part 5 and sticking together even with a piking healer. That was the most fun i had in a while and would even like to thank the other healer for not doing anything so i could prove to myself yet again that i can solo heal the shroud(yes i know it isnt that hard). I have faith in pug raiding yet again, even after i won a roll on the Glacier Bracers and it being passed to an arcane claiming divines dont need it.

PM name, please.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

erm...is there a new myth that logging out then back in increases your loot?

That's the only explaination I can give...
    Last edited by Oolung; 06-10-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: poor spelling "the nback" to "then back"
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBlue View Post
    I have been convinced that Cupcake was Michael Jackson. I guess I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The AI in this game can be strangled with a cordless phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is a party buff.

One easy way to check if he is lagging badly or in the process of disconnecting is to cast a single-target spell on him, preferably from a clickie (e.g. Jump or Invis or something) so as not to waste resources. If it hits him it means he's not lagging, if it hits you, then he is not faking it.

Did anyone say in party chat to boot the healer after part 4? Voicing out could have blocked the healer from piking through Shroud.
    Last edited by asphodeli; 06-11-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    - I've been to so many raids, but I wouldn't call myself a vet, since I have yet to try out different strategies, tactics and classes in raids.
    - Main in sig, alts: Frostiee, Aliciae, Amandae

Community Member

Please PM he his name.

PM name and guild pls.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Oolung View Post
    erm...is there a new myth that logging out then back in increases your loot?

That's the only explaination I can give...
    I've seen that before, he's dual boxing and piking through it. The relog bit is to try to fake lag, but these people's "Lag" always mysteriously disappears when they have to go loot chests and appears right after.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

I'd also like the name please, but moreso if it's my guild. I can't think of anyone in my guild who acts like this but if for some reason it is. I would like to get it fixed!

pm name please but think i already have a clue from previous exp
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Excuse me for being dense, but where is the drama?
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Dude, you just got dual-boxed. I would also like a PM of said healer.

Quote Originally Posted by asphodeli View Post
    One easy way to check if he is lagging badly or in the process of disconnecting is to cast a single-target spell on him, preferably from a clickie (e.g. Jump or Invis or something) so as not to waste resources. If it hits him it means he's not lagging, if it hits you, then he is not faking it.

Did anyone say in party chat to boot the healer after part 4? Voicing out could have blocked the healer from piking through Shroud.
    Good tip and no one asked to kick him. I should have but was hoping the leader would. Was talking to the leader afterwards and he said he didnt even think about it but would have if it was brought up so me or someone else should have. I think his "lag" is about as believable the tooth fairy. Man could he run to those chests fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Meh, poor choice of words maybe. Prolly should run my next thread title by you first

And yeah prolly got dual boxed but honestly i dont know why any idiot would do it on a healer. I could have just said screw it and his attempt would have been for not. For example there was a Khyber one i dont know how long ago i remember that some healer was being an idiot and was called out on it and said he would pike the rest and the other healer said he was recalling cause he didnt wanna solo heal it. Also i think the Khyber one was "Shroud Drama" so blame Khyber Quik.

Quote Originally Posted by pasterqb View Post
    Good tip and no one asked to kick him. I should have but was hoping the leader would. Was talking to the leader afterwards and he said he didnt even think about it but would have if it was brought up so me or someone else should have. I think his "lag" is about as believable the tooth fairy. Man could he run to those chests fast!

Meh, poor choice of words maybe. Prolly should run my next thread title by you first

And yeah prolly got dual boxed but honestly i dont know why any idiot would do it on a healer. I could have just said screw it and his attempt would have been for not. For example there was a Khyber one i dont know how long ago i remember that some healer was being an idiot and was called out on it and said he would pike the rest and the other healer said he was recalling cause he didnt wanna solo heal it. Also i think the Khyber one was "Shroud Drama" so blame Khyber Quik.
    Khyber, the TNT of DDO.

This is like Nick JR
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Having duel boxed Shroud a lot ya'lls theory is unlikely. If he closed one of his clients he couldn't relaunch it without closing the other(s). You have to close ALL your clients to relaunch any of them. Obviously he could be using multiple computers however but most likely it was just a normal case of piking single box style...

Quote Originally Posted by edaciousx View Post
    Having duel boxed Shroud a lot ya'lls theory is unlikely. If he closed one of his clients he couldn't relaunch it without closing the other(s). You have to close ALL your clients to relaunch any of them. Obviously he could be using multiple computers however but most likely it was just a normal case of piking single box style...
    Some people use user switching to use the same ddo install. You can relaunch it whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Were you playing your healer in that one? That sounds like true piking to me. If that was NOT you, you might need to get to working on beating that guy to get your title back.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Pm the name please
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Default Piking Cleric

Sounds like someone in the party might have had a second account and ran the second cleric to give the illusion of having two clerics and getting twice the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Some people use user switching to use the same ddo install. You can relaunch it whenever you want.
    That seems silly. Then you can't play them both...

Quote Originally Posted by edaciousx View Post
    That seems silly. Then you can't play them both...
    ...kind of like in this example, in which clearly he wasn't playing both? Hi...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast