Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking The Kill Kalari Thread

Hypothesis:

There is a non-scientifically endorsed position within Lost Legion that when Kalari or one of her many alts bites it, the loot is increased by 2-3 steps. This has without definitive evidence been reinforced through the pulling of scales, rings and other assorted goodies (I once pulled a Large Scale in TOD after her death in part 2). As a result of this belief...which is all it is at this point...we try to kill her..allot. No seriously...we yelled at her last night to get out of her room in part 3...she said she was "struggling with the puzzle"...yeah....

Method

I am starting this thread to establish whether...definitively...killing kalari results in better loot. So if you run with her..and she...by chance...bites it...please post the loot results. SCREENSHOTS are encouraged as are high quality videos.

Cheers Kam :-)

Thus far gained info indicates (as of today..whatever that is...I think Sunday):

1 It has been confirmed by multiple sources that an "irregular" amount of large scales are pulled upon her death. This irregularity measures at >3 per shroud run.

2 Lost Leader has indicated that it is a known fact that loot tables are exponentially increased upon her death.

3 Sol has graciously crunched the numbers and deduced the following formula for loot drops upon K's death:

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Hey, the way I see it, why risk NOT getting loot? Kill away!

(PS: The chance of loot formula is (2^KalariDeaths - 2xKalariHeals, so now you know, and knowing is half the battle!)
    THANK YOU MUCH. Far more informative then those silly u5 dps formulas!

4. Other guilds besides LL have confirmed that loot drops seem to be "better" upon K's Death.

5. Kalari hates all of us.

6. Art (Quantum) has indicated this fact may not be specific to Kalari but other females including Jezy and Hex (THE hex not the impostor Hex...though efforts on the impostor should be made simply in the name of science). Further testing seems to be necessary and guilds are encouraged to kill their female guildies in the name of science of course. (I am not sure how Panzy fits in here)

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Stazer - That’s not how it works and you know it. This rule* applies equally to Sheelagh, Kalari, Jezebele, and the woman known as “Hex.”

"snip"

* This means +2 tomes in the Shroud and Large Devil Scales in parts 4 and 5.
    ADDENDUM

It has been clearly implied through a study utilizing the strictest of scientific methodological stuff that Sheelagh killing her self DOES in fact result in increased loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Leader View Post
    Tonight Sheelagh attempted, once again, to prove it wrong. She jumped up and down on spikes in part one of The Shroud, saying to herself, "I'll show Kreeg it isn't true."

Ding! (Party): Your party member Sheelagh has died.

3 chests later....

.... +2 Tome of Leadership and Influence.

Part 4 and 5 chests? Ya, guess who had a 2 Large Scale run? This Guy!

Furthermore, other test subjects per this inquiry have indicated the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Catiriona View Post
    I did it to prove they were wrong...it backfired
    way to take one for SCIENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Manling View Post
    I do not know about kal dying increasing the loot but Delscorcho has often said that when leadbelly dies (as the main healer) party wipes NEVER ensue................go figure.
    so perhaps just good things in general occure when female players die? Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Do a bit more confirming. We've done it extensively, whether she dies or suicides, as long as that she has died message pops up, atleast 1 gets a +2 tome or better as non 20th end reward or chest loot.

Matter of fact, last 2 times she "died" was by suiciding and we got tomes.
    clearly illustrates that the original hypothesis is null...further supports what was shown by mister Kreegmeister.

MORE UPDATES TO COME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
    Last edited by stazer; 06-10-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: stats numbers and SCIENCE and stuff!!!
    Lost Legion

We suck.

Normally when I'm healing and I see a bar drop, I just click and click to heal... when I see it's one of Kalari's toons now, there's a slight hesitation before that heal fires...

OMG and I gave ya a shard last night man you cut me to the bone I hate you Kreeg and all the rest of you bozo's and I am so going to make you all pay for this

You do not get good loot when I die and I really did have issue with that puzzle last night but that was because that darn guild leader of ours was saying over mic come on Kamari trying to kill me, you try solving puzzles when youve got a target on your hiney /pout.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Stazer - That’s not how it works and you know it. This rule* applies equally to Sheelagh, Kalari, Jezebele, and the woman known as “Hex.”

And since you brought it up in the DDO forums: Don’t blame us. We didn't code the loot tables.

Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for wildshape!
    • Redo the Favor rewards so there is a reason to do max favor again.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Task Lynnabel with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Although it was a known fact in questors that if Art died in the Sands there would be a bloodstone in the skellie chest
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhyde View Post
    Although it was a known fact in questors that if Art died in the Sands there would be a bloodstone in the skellie chest
    You’re confusing me with IB again.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for wildshape!
    • Redo the Favor rewards so there is a reason to do max favor again.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Task Lynnabel with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

You’re confusing me with IB again.
    nope ib was good for the ever rare vorpal run back then :P

but everytime you died on one of the ag or xory runs i got a bloodstone :P
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

Can we get dev confirmation on this please?

It could change the play style when I am grouped with Kalari.

Knorgh (triple triple completionist) Currently 12 Wizard/6 Ranger/2 Monk

And since you brought it up in the DDO forums: Don’t blame us. We didn't code the loot tables.

You must realize you will probably never be healed again right? LOL
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Long as it doesn't apply to me too I'll subscribe to the idea....
    Sarlona Roving Guns
    Bitsi ~ Lyriccal ~ Twynkerbelle ~ Cadaia ~ Marajayd ~ Morael ~ Vieirna ~ Karilth ~ Jevvy ~ Hvee ~ Djina ~ Moanah ~ Angeliccal ~ Leimei ~ Myriccal ~ Tyranniccal ~ Itsi ~ Imouto ~ Museiccal ~ Electriccal ~ Metalliccal ~ Popsiccal ~ Jeniece

OP updated with FACTS.

Please continue to gather information...definitive results to be posted in future updates.
    Lost Legion

We suck.

I am getting that the number of kalari deaths actually accumulativly impacts the loot? So, mental note: slow on the heals, quick on the raises. Never, ever a res or a true res, just a raise while combat is still everywhere around her. Got it.

Any word on how Kalari's death help other servers get better loot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCloud View Post
    Any word on how Kalari's death help other servers get better loot?
    I would encourage you to kill the guilded females and see if this increases loot drops...as a means of ruling out certain erroneous assumptions.
    Lost Legion

We suck.

Quote Originally Posted by stazer View Post
    I would encourage you to kill the guilded females and see if this increases loot drops...as a means of ruling out certain erroneous assumptions.
    Roger that, Rogue Leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Updated the OP with more science stuff!!!!!! GREAT WORK researchers...

now screen shots or a video is all we need to concretely prove this theory as correct. Special runs will be conducted this fraiday (LL speak for friday raid day) in an attempt to verify without a doubt (with screen shots the validity of this hypothesis)...

that is of course...if anyone is sober enough to press ctrl-p...and then remember they did it...

Kreeg if I may suggest a word for the day this fraiday...I choose Science!
    Lost Legion

We suck.