Default Walking in the Water... at ABBOT!

Yes, you read it right... IT WORKS!!!

Now, monks can walk almost free at water in Abbot, and it is not killing. I don't know if it is a bug or anything alike, but it is AWESOME!!!!

Pictures to show it!

That's pretty awesome. I was hoping that this would be doable, but the "still take damage" bit of the flavor text about running over stuff like lava made me think it wasn't. I sure hope this isn't a bug and is intended.

Thought I remembered hearing anything with instakill effects would still do so... here's to hoping its WAI
    Quote Originally Posted by REALb0r3d View Post
    Hi, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Fail

Well, walking at lava in GH I receive damage, but with Greater Fire Clock I don't. In Abbot I guess this is working right, since i think is the best use for this skill till now.

The whole raid is based around the puzzles, completing them, and using them after the fact. Something that takes ice away completely, is not WAI. This is a bug, expect it to be fixed.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    The whole raid is based around the puzzles, completing them, and using them after the fact. Something that takes ice away completely, is not WAI. This is a bug, expect it to be fixed.
    It doesn't really take ice away. You can't beat the Abbot without completing the puzzles, anyway. Plus, the rest of the party cannot walk on water like the monk can.

Nice!

I too would agree that it's not an exploit because only one class and PrE can do it. That would be like saying the casters are exploits because they can cast resist energy or True Ressurect.

Interesting times ahead.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Nice!

I too would agree that it's not an exploit because only one class and PrE can do it. That would be like saying the casters are exploits because they can cast resist energy or True Ressurect.

Interesting times ahead.

J1NG
    +1 for you m8!

The point I see this being really usefull, is when one word is said: INFERNO!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    Like cleric capstone?

While Jesus walked on water, monks ran across the river Styx.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Nice!

Interesting times ahead.

J1NG
    Two now.

I called it the very first day monk ninja spy II pre was released...NOW whos laughing?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...40#post2982140
    The bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to keep me tame.
    Thelanis
    Toons: Diclonius, Sempresno, Slitmuno, Slitmdos, Slitmtres, Skyfe, Calcatrix, Marcosias, Sumona, Tarokian, Etc.

Hasn't the monk always been about survivability? Even more so now with all the nerfs that are being thrown our way... Though I believe there is a water walking spell in D&D it's just not in DDO and this is the first and so far only class capable of it.

I've posted this almost 3 years ago and so far Abbot is the only place where this skill have an actual utility.

Since we are in the 24 hours of Doom, I revisited this topic to say that I still hope they make anything else usefull with this skill, and of course, that they release the lvl 3 of the Prestige.

Community Member

Works in LoB.