Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Coalescence Chamber - What does the "Ambush" and Isaac Newton have in common

Gravity. You win a lvl 1 hireling.

Is it possible to either "prevent" the members of the ambush from falling down the shaft or maybe adding an electronic tag on them so we can track them down more easily? It's really hard to find which ones are the ones that are ambushing us instead of the ones that..well, we ambush. Maybe make the ambush monsters different? Or maybe my first suggestion actually, giving them something to be happy about, give meaning to their lives, so they won't feel the urge to jump down into the void.

Oh, and if you are thinking "why didn't you kill everything on your way up", I could find a thousand funny, rude, or condencending responses, but I'll just say NO

Thanks for reading
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

I did see in my release notes prep for Lamannia that a mechanism to get up/down in Coalescence Chamber when you fall had been added, though I'm not sure if it is for this particular spot or in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarezar View Post
    Gravity. You win a lvl 1 hireling.

Is it possible to either "prevent" the members of the ambush from falling down the shaft or maybe adding an electronic tag on them so we can track them down more easily? It's really hard to find which ones are the ones that are ambushing us instead of the ones that..well, we ambush. Maybe make the ambush monsters different? Or maybe my first suggestion actually, giving them something to be happy about, give meaning to their lives, so they won't feel the urge to jump down into the void.

Oh, and if you are thinking "why didn't you kill everything on your way up", I could find a thousand funny, rude, or condencending responses, but I'll just say NO

Thanks for reading
    Its pretty easy if you are familiar with the quest (if you are not familiar, you should kill everything to make things easy on you). Kill the 2 casters and 4 archers nearest the entrance to the jelly cube (there may be up to 6 archers if you didnt clear anything on your first run up). The archers are stationary and will never fall (or at least never have in my experience). The trog caster to the left of the entrance (when facing it) paired with an archer will never fall as it also is a "turret" monster. The other caster is more mobile, but I haven't seen that one fall off in over 100 runs. The bats are irrelevant and can fall as they will.

The ones prone to falling are the fiend blood gnoll, and the trog warrior. Both are unique monsters in that shaft, and so are easy to find.

Hope this helps.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    I did see in my release notes prep for Lamannia that a mechanism to get up/down in Coalescence Chamber when you fall had been added, though I'm not sure if it is for this particular spot or in general.
    So does this mechanic require you to say in voice chat "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up"?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

That is flat out awesome. If that is true, you just made that quest a lot more pug friendly...
    ATARI SUCKS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    So does this mechanic require you to say in voice chat "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up"?
    I'm not sure, but if it doesn't, it should!

Booo!!!! Make the noobs learn.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways!"

What about non-noobs that just suck at jumping?

Aerak the Bulwark-Awryn Shadowblade-Aerrik Lightbringer
    Member of D.W.A.T.

*fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways!"
    ...in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by EKKM View Post
    I used to be there...it just takes a bit of practice. Very little jumping is really needed. I have grown to enjoy the quest after flagging dozens of guildies for shroud. First timers are great. It's funny to hear then fall and curse and fall and curse.

...in the snow.
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"

This makes me sad in many ways.

How long until no challenge is left in the game at all?
    * Sohryu * (Life #33: Barbarian)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Ran Coal on elite last night and had the issue with the falling mobs in the ambush, we just climed up a bit and then ranged them. It is more fun to hear people who have done the quest endlessly and they still curse and holler when they fall off a ledge.

Oh oh oh Tolero, horrible images conjured in my mind of Sleet Storm in Coal Chamber.........

I hate Kobolds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to... What happens on Khyber...stays on Khyber.

*fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"

And the Kobold's spammed Grease and Dispel Magic. It built character I tell ya not like these soft noobs today.

And the Kobold's spammed Grease and Dispel Magic. It built character I tell ya not like these soft noobs today.
    On second thought, that actually sounds a little fun. Can you imagine all the vulgar languge being used by us noobs today? Sound like a group of sailors lol

I hate Kobolds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to... What happens on Khyber...stays on Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    This makes me sad in many ways.

How long until no challenge is left in the game at all?
    This is your breaking point? Seriously?

Not casual, not mana pots, not xp pots, not resummonable hirelings etc...and on and on..?

This quest was soloable before any of that, and casual, with almost any level appropriate character.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by EKKM View Post
    They should be punished. Punished, I say!
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

If I could change anything about all of the vale quests including the shroud.

Give the first door in the coal chamber an unlock dc instead of requiring running through all the caverns twice for the high up key. And yes I realize that requires Flimsy or somesuch to redo the quest mechanics a small amount to account for those that bring an unlocker and get the 2nd key first. You can even set the dc at 60 or so.

The quest goes from fun to annoyance when every completion requires running up all the vertical caverns twice (well minus 1/4 on the first cavern if you fall to the right spot).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

Hmm great idea! All casters in Coal should spam sleet storm and grease! And give them the enlarge feat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast