Thread: Respect Issues

Default Respect Issues

Yes this is a pvp thread, yes i am doing a bit of cry whining but i think anyone who pvps knows the issue...

OK this is now my fourth server i have pvped on the three ones before sarlona have great respect when it comes to fighting... Mainly along the lines of when in a fight dont intrude or dont use things like PWS and dance and holds and spells to that nature so you cna actually pvp instead of just attack a imobile target. Those who know me mainly from Khyber and Sarlona know i do not normally check levels due to the people coming into PVP know that there will be death and i will go up top and throw mass heals. Now despite me just attacking everyone who is not in battle i refrain from using spells like debuff and holds and command and i do not attack tripped or incapp people unless by mistake.

Now the same kid that has posted threads about nerfing manyshot due to him being unable to live love to jump in on fights and PWS me and others and just atack pws attack pws untill they die... No IMO this isnt pvp this is taking the fun out of something me and others like me enjoyed... I pvp because its some one else fighting, we are at our prime we have buffed our selves we have geared out we have put on certain things for each person to help us win and when we jump down its our skill of hitting and dodging and knowing when to use what that allows us to win, if you just PWS spam once you get the person down to 449 or less hp and spam untill they die i dont not see any fun in this do you?

To me it seems like the desperation of some one who wants to talk big over the game and wants to do it by throwing dirt in your eyes so you cant see. Yes i know pvp isnt fair but just because you have spells doesnt mean you should always use them, what happened to the respect i used to see in pvp. Now there are plenty on Sarlona who have respect but those few that dont are ruining some of the only fun left in this game for me and others who enjoy pvp like me. Attacking some one who cant move is just stupid, and before oyu say get 450+ hp i have 660 atm will have 730-790 when i finish my gear its just the double teaming causes lag and PWS just makes a fight well it makes it a sit there and die not a fight.

So again BRING RESPECT BACK TO PVP

/rant off
    Sarlona:Hematoma,Ceethreepeeo,Masturwindew,Aretwodeetoo,Ohbeewahn[color=white].

Proud Leader of Zerger's Anonymous

Default In love and war...

I have heard of these unwritten rules you speak of...

All is fair in love and war baby. That includes dirt in the eyes and kicks to the nether regions.

You want respect?

Stay out of the common room and have private matches.
    Even then though, I would establish whatever rules you think are fair ahead of time.
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

PvP lost its way right after the shroud... Sarlona use to fight 1vs1 up until that point.... Now its Caster domintated killing evertyhing with delayed blast fireball or ray spells(just wait till these casters recincarate and take the past life feats that can't be stopped by shield/nightshield).... and then theres the guard builds seeing whos proc will go off first......Alot of skill there.... let me tell ya....

I miss the days Matson would be down there on his caster trying to use CC spells on meles before outright killing them, he had a lot of respect for mele's because he knew he could kill them with 1 spell....

Mele's would have some fun battles as well not relying on anything but their mobility and str/hp's to take down their opponent. Much more respect for those mele PvP's.

As far as PWS goes... I dont have a problem with a caster using it... Yes it's cheap much like irrestable dance is... but hey whatever... do they kill ya after or do they just let ya sit there...if they let ya sit there, then its deff a problem(i.e. griefing)...

Cash out....
    Last edited by Cashiry; 06-01-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrik View Post
    So again BRING RESPECT BACK TO PVP
    Emocle Wih
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Dont get me wrong there should be some respect when pvp'ing but to that extent I mean the trash talking it accomplishes nothing.

That being said I play a healbot with minuscule strength and negligible con. If I have command in my spell book why would I use it. How is this lack of respect. My DPS vs. a melee or a arcane caster is a joke. So why would I not use them, without them there is no point in me trying. Limiting the spells I use is like telling the military from any country you can fight but you can only use semi automatic weapons no fully automatic no heavy weaponry and definitely no artillery. Aircraft can only be used if both parties agree.

Would you tell a Fighter he cant use haste, a barb not to use rage, or a wizard not to use ball lightning. PvP in this game is not balanced you cant deny someone part of their arsenal under "respect".

But thats just my opinion
    Pinotnoir Drinksalot
    Chesttie~Dansant~Crystina

I totally agree with this. Alot of people also take it too seriously and think, "Oh I kill you, you must suck!!" PvP has definitely favored casters/healer types. PvP back before the shroud was awesome there were real fights. Now guards have completely ruined the melee aspect. I'll PvP for fun and when I'm all on timer for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bendover View Post
    I totally agree with this. Alot of people also take it too seriously and think, "Oh I kill you, you must suck!!" PvP has definitely favored casters/healer types. PvP back before the shroud was awesome there were real fights. Now guards have completely ruined the melee aspect. I'll PvP for fun and when I'm all on timer for everything.
    At least you have a reason for only wearing gaurds :P rogs have no dps duh

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Bbrik, quit whining...

We all know you wanna be cool like Yuda.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

I would kill my self first

unwritten rules woohoo parks the new ones right next to do not use fascinate or any bard spell in the pit

although my all time favorite pvp moment came from unwritten rules....back in the day before the merge was in the lobster singing and buffing people on my casting bard just enjoying the trash talk ...when one of the new pvp guys thought they saw an easy mark...he issued a one on one with an entire list of things I could not do or use ie no song no buffs no hypno, hold or dance...But I was to get the first swing, guess what he was not wearing when i got a 20 on the swing
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell