Community Member

Default Unable to enter new credit card information

Posting this in both Technical Assistance and DDO Store Feedback.

When I go to buy points in the DDO store, and choose to pay with credit card (pay-pal was having some serious issues with a roommate of mine), I note that it tries to default to an old credit card. I hit "Enter Different Card", and then before anything else can pop up to request information or the like, I either get a "Authentication failed" error message or a "System is not available" message. The aforementioned roommate was able to enter in a different card with no difficulties this morning, and we are both premium players, if it matters. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this problem, or anyone else having this issue? Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, especially as I'd love to take advantage of the sale going on this weekend.
    Last edited by Taernost; 05-28-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Customer Service Representative Victorie's Avatar

I moved this to the Account Management forum as it's not a technical issue (that's for things like installing the game, connection issues, etc).

If you're able to call while the Account Management department is open, they can try to update the card via phone. If you can't call, or want to try more online fixes first, then please go to the Account Management website and try to update the card directly there, instead of through the store. There's more information about updating credit cards in this sticky too. Be sure you're adding all the information as your card company has it. Also, be sure you're using IE 6,7 (or 8 in compatibility mode) or Firefox 2 or higher.

DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

Community Member

That got the job done; thanks!