Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The new cool thing?

Alright gonna be the first to say it Sarlona what the hell is up with all these "Private" and "Friends only" LFM's for raids? I mean seriously if your a guild and running private raids dont you have enough sources for telling your guildies and friends? When my guild does our thing we tend not to have to tell others they are not wanted and when we do bring a pug or two in we only tell them to bring booze.

So im asking whats up with this latest trend is it a way to make people go "ooh exclusive." or what? just seems like silliness to me, And to the upity people who flamed my guildy a few days ago about his teasing lfms for private Korthos its basically the same nonsense if you cant take a joke I just feel sorry for you.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    Alright gonna be the first to say it Sarlona what the hell is up with all these "Private" and "Friends only" LFM's for raids? I mean seriously if your a guild and running private raids dont you have enough sources for telling your guildies and friends? When my guild does our thing we tend not to have to tell others they are not wanted and when we do bring a pug or two in we only tell them to bring booze.

So im asking whats up with this latest trend is it a way to make people go "ooh exclusive." or what? just seems like silliness to me, And to the upity people who flamed my guildy a few days ago about his teasing lfms for private Korthos its basically the same nonsense if you cant take a joke I just feel sorry for you.
    Most of these private LFM's are coming from different channels within the server where the members are not guildies.

Didnt they give us chat channels for that though? I dunno seems like many people are just copying others its funny to me that they attacked a friend of mine for putting up a fake one because its just a tease at theirs. But who knows valid reason or not it just seems silly to me and ya know what they say about opinions right?

I tend to ignore those lfm's because ,except for a couple of regular ones from the channel devoted to one raid, they seem to sit there for a while being picky.*shrug*
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Didnt they give us chat channels for that though? I dunno seems like many people are just copying others its funny to me that they attacked a friend of mine for putting up a fake one because its just a tease at theirs. But who knows valid reason or not it just seems silly to me and ya know what they say about opinions right?
    When your stuff is up to snuff, we'll let you know whats up with the private lfms n00b
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Well, I don't know what really is going on... I assume it's a few things combined. To start with, the channels bendover talked about. Secondly guilds, and third friend that hasn't anythingto do with guilds or chats. Now, what's happening... They don't want anyone to join... It might be a guild or channel run, but they aren't enought to fill in the group, so they put up an lfm, but wait for sb they know...
    I do personaly not find a reason to put an lfm up for that, since you have guild chat, chat channel and tells for friends, guildies etc, and you can find just those people you want for a run. Propably those who create those groups think somehow different than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    When your stuff is up to snuff, we'll let you know whats up with the private lfms n00b
    I'd grief you, Quik, but I have a controversial thread going in General DDO Chat and I can't take the chance you will neg rep me!
    “No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy”

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkeysix View Post
    i'd Grief You, Quik, But I Have A Controversial Thread Going In General Ddo Chat And I Can't Take The Chance You Will Neg Rep Me!
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Right on cue!
    “No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy”

Maybe it's just few cases, but people get lost in game intricacies and just copy stuff thinking it's the way to go.
    About a fortnight ago I saw an LFM along the lines of "icy runs, private, guide would be nice". I was lost for words when I saw it.

Take the AH and people putting up stuff for whatever weird price first one of them posted. Let me just say for the last 3 months average price of 20 taps was between... 30 and 150 kpp. Or people putting some weapons with icy burst ritual on them for big prices. The others copied them trying to sell their regular icy bursts for insane $$$. May seem offtopic but I think these may be 2 facets of the same problem.

//forgot to mention I'm Ghallandian

lol my snuff is always up and I do it drunk no privacy needed this way /squelch lol

i have lfms that say private all the time. and 100% of those private lfms are form queen raids where i need to see what the other 6 man has and for them to join it. could you be alittle more clear on what is being run in said private raids. becuase for the queen raid at least private is completely understandable imo.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwolf View Post
    i have lfms that say private all the time. and 100% of those private lfms are form queen raids where i need to see what the other 6 man has and for them to join it. could you be alittle more clear on what is being run in said private raids. becuase for the queen raid at least private is completely understandable imo.
    Its for all raids I even seen a private Tempest spine, I dunno if they are copying other people I just think the new trend is funny. And I thought it was a little silly for people to get mad about the phony ones saying Private Korthos group put up.

Kal, Kal, Kal. All these people screaming at the noobs to use the LFM board instead of spammnig in chat channels and you find a way to compain about people using it?

Its just an easy way for them to form up runs where people are scattered all over in different quests. Its just easier than "Ok, I'm ready" every time someone finishes up what they're doing.
    Durtyy-Barbarian 20 Durrty-Cleric 18 Durion - TR Rogue 20 Duurty-Bard 20 Ddurty-Favored Soul 5

At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)

lol my snuff is always up and I do it drunk no privacy needed this way /squelch lol
    But But its so sloppy drunk.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

If youre going to neg rep, speak up.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Dang, squelched me again??? How many times can you squelch 1 person???
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_rage View Post
    But But its so sloppy drunk.
    LOL is there a way to be neat drunk?

I dont read chat channels much it gives me a head ache so I guess lfms aint bad I just didnt like people giving my friend hell for his mock of their private Tempest spine runs.

watching the boondocks while drinking gives you nose burns if your drinking beer.

And seriously I hope no one gave Quik Neg rep for what he typed to me if anyone knows me or my guild Ive been called worst then a noob and I take Quik's calling me such a term of endearment and he knows it. Im not a frilly female and im suspicious of anyone who tries to treat me as such.

back to the topic my little dig at the "private" lfm shouldnt affect you if you have your own valid reason for it I just saw 7 in a row tonight and thought man thats a lot of exclusive **** lol.

Dang, squelched me again??? How many times can you squelch 1 person???
    LOL well I have to take you off when we group together just so you can go "Kal can you hear me?" then realize you muted your sound again

Community Member

As someone said my private lfm's are for Necro 4 Raid, and DQ, sometimes VON.
    Why?
    Because i take my guildies, ppl from one channel, friends, and ppl i recognize that will hit lfm.
    Why it's private?
    Cause most of the time only ppl that know me or somone in raid will hit it.
    If i need to fill spots it goes as "need X class/ppl"

I didnt gave anyone rough time because of their lfm, and i dont understand all the fuss you make.

+ Why should we hide with our parties?
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast