Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Capped the human version during the Birthday event and immediately put on an Epic Cav Armor. Great build Anthios888. So easy, Stainer could do it!

It might just be me (Or the planner I'm using) but there is a problem with the Human Enhancements chosen. In order to get all of the enhancements listed, you need a total of 81 enhancement points. The reason being that, early on when selecting the enhancements you have listed, you get stuck at 13 AP, and need a total of 14 spent to get anywhere. Thus, you need to take a 1 AP enhancement just to advance. So the grand total needed ends up at 81 AP. Unless you're able to remove that 1 AP enhancement later on with some build magic (I wouldn't be sure.)

Of course, I could be wrong. It's happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    Boo hoo. Use your leftover Turbine Points to buy your self a pair and stop crying like a little wuss.
    | Alts: Balthioul, Briathos, Concentio

Community Member

Just wanted to pop in and say that I chose the Classic Rocker to be my first character in DDO. I'm level 4 and having a blast!

I love being able to pick up almost any weapon that's handy with Master's Touch, finding secret doors, Fascinating groups of mobs, and all the rest.

Great build - tons of fun solo and VERY useful in a group.

Hi nice builds, im interested in rolling up your robot rock build, some people have told me going warforged is bad for a bard because of less self healing from healing spells? Shouldnt be too much of an issue once umd is high enough to umd reconstruct scrolls right?

If you can UMD a Heal scroll you can UMD Reconstruct scroll as well (same umd check). Warforged are a bit worse in Virtuoso and Spellsinger builds, because Sustaining song (HP over time) and Spellsong Vigor (SP over time) do not work for them. I can see no problems in Warchanter build, warforged actually work well with Inspir recklessness thanks to the higher fortification.
    Bard fanatic.

Dudka, Dudella, Dudlena and few others

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Hi nice builds, im interested in rolling up your robot rock build, some people have told me going warforged is bad for a bard because of less self healing from healing spells? Shouldnt be too much of an issue once umd is high enough to umd reconstruct scrolls right?
    Why WF? I just don't see an advantage to WF over HOrc. If you don't have Horc and do not want to get it then I guess I could see wf working as a slight dps advantage over human. Still my personal preference would be 1. Horc, 2. Human 3. Dwarf(GA, HP, self heals) 4 WF. But yes eventually you should be able to no fail Reconstruct scrolls.

The 10% from reckless is usually not enough to matter and with some gear can be ignored (Stalwart trinket, guild augment on armor).

Quote Originally Posted by Valindria View Post
    Why WF? I just don't see an advantage to WF over HOrc. If you don't have Horc and do not want to get it then I guess I could see wf working as a slight dps advantage over human. Still my personal preference would be 1. Horc, 2. Human 3. Dwarf(GA, HP, self heals) 4 WF. But yes eventually you should be able to no fail Reconstruct scrolls.

The 10% from reckless is usually not enough to matter and with some gear can be ignored (Stalwart trinket, guild augment on armor).
    I'd say theme builds still have a good reason to be WF.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

because I felt like it? I always wanted to roll a warforged bard. Does everything have to be min maxed to the hilt?

Community Member

I have been leveling for some time this build and I'd like to say it rocks! Very good build, very newbie friendly, and great solo ability. Congratulations on this killer bard, Anthios!

Now, I'd like to ask some input on a little dilemma currently on my hands. Since I'm kind of new to the game, I still lack a great deal of equipment on all my characters, this bard included. Due to that, my weapon choices are somewhat limited at the moment. I'd rather not count on acquiring any epic weapons any time soon, so, basically, my options are the epic ratkiller from the pirate event that I made for trash mobs and a greensteel falchion.

I'm at the second tier on my greensteel min II falchion. I was originally going to follow your advice on the +2 con instead of acid blast at T3, but now I'm considering making the acid blast since I will probably end up using the GS Falchion as my main damage dealing weapon on trash mobs (after they are stunned/held by the ratkiller). Is there any other place where I an get +2 exceptional con for this bard? Will this be a terrible decision on my part? I was also considering going improved crit - bludgeon until I get my hands on one of those epic weapons listed (at which point I would respec), so that both the ratkiller and the GS min II Falchion can benefit from the extended crit range (since autocrits are being nerfed next update and all).

Finally, I'd like to ask if I should consider dropping empower healing for staggering blow since I will be using the ratkiller a lot. Would that be a viable option on a human bard?

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir_Lorengard View Post
    I have been leveling for some time this build and I'd like to say it rocks! Very good build, very newbie friendly, and great solo ability. Congratulations on this killer bard, Anthios!

Now, I'd like to ask some input on a little dilemma currently on my hands. Since I'm kind of new to the game, I still lack a great deal of equipment on all my characters, this bard included. Due to that, my weapon choices are somewhat limited at the moment. I'd rather not count on acquiring any epic weapons any time soon, so, basically, my options are the epic ratkiller from the pirate event that I made for trash mobs and a greensteel falchion.

I'm at the second tier on my greensteel min II falchion. I was originally going to follow your advice on the +2 con instead of acid blast at T3, but now I'm considering making the acid blast since I will probably end up using the GS Falchion as my main damage dealing weapon on trash mobs (after they are stunned/held by the ratkiller). Is there any other place where I an get +2 exceptional con for this bard? Will this be a terrible decision on my part? I was also considering going improved crit - bludgeon until I get my hands on one of those epic weapons listed (at which point I would respec), so that both the ratkiller and the GS min II Falchion can benefit from the extended crit range (since autocrits are being nerfed next update and all).

Finally, I'd like to ask if I should consider dropping empower healing for staggering blow since I will be using the ratkiller a lot. Would that be a viable option on a human bard?

Thanks again for all the great advice!
    Go ahead with the acid blast, especially on such a crit-dependent weapon like a falchion. +2 con can be crafted on a tower ring, if you really want it, or you can hold out until you are eventually able to get epic bracers of the claw. Even if you get neither, you should have plenty of other routes to increase your constitution and hit points to keep your head above water.

Ratkiller has very low critical threat potential even with improved critical. I would use ratkiller for the earthgrab and the stunning +10, not its comparatively weak DPS. Your greensteel falchion will be way ahead.

Stunning blow isn't a bad idea, especially if you get your strength up. You can calculate your DC. With 40 strength and ratkiller, you would have a DC 35 stunning blow. Many people shoot for 40 to be considered a good stunner, and that number might be increasing as mob saves go up. 35 is enough to get by in a lot of non-epic content and stun some monsters, but isn't impressive. I would probably not spend a feat on it, because it can only be used every 15 seconds, requires you to switch weapons, and won't land too well. But, that doesn't mean that you can't choose to take it. It has no cost when you use it, and you have the ratkiller already. I just find that, as a bard, I use irresistible dance more often when I want to immobilize a monster.

Good luck with your bard and glad you enjoy this build!
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack77 View Post
    It might just be me (Or the planner I'm using) but there is a problem with the Human Enhancements chosen. In order to get all of the enhancements listed, you need a total of 81 enhancement points. The reason being that, early on when selecting the enhancements you have listed, you get stuck at 13 AP, and need a total of 14 spent to get anywhere. Thus, you need to take a 1 AP enhancement just to advance. So the grand total needed ends up at 81 AP. Unless you're able to remove that 1 AP enhancement later on with some build magic (I wouldn't be sure.)

Of course, I could be wrong. It's happened before.
    Yes, I'm running into the same problem. Is there some kind of workaround to this?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    because I felt like it? I always wanted to roll a warforged bard. Does everything have to be min maxed to the hilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    I'd say theme builds still have a good reason to be WF.

Fair enough. If you like WF go for it. If someone came to this thread and said "I like drow and would really like to make a drow version of this", I would still mention that HOrc or Human have the advantage. At the end of the day you should play what makes you happy. That's why I have a virtuoso.

Quote Originally Posted by canisll View Post
    Yes, I'm running into the same problem. Is there some kind of workaround to this?
    I did the following with 1 AP left over.

Code:
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack III 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery I 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery II 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery III 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II 
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage III 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song III 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song IV 
    Enhancement: Bard Warchanter I 
    Enhancement: Bard Warchanter II 
    Enhancement: Greataxe Training 
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy 
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Strength I 
    Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Constitution I 
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I Enhancement: Racial Toughness I 
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II 
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic IV 
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I 
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery I 
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery II 
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery III 
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery IV
    So in the recommended drop Bard Energy of the Music II to Bard Energy of the Music I

HUGE BIG LOL!

This is not a bad build, because it is exahctly same build into which I am going to TR my own bard tomorrow. Only few changes like epic dragon robe, berserker set, bloodstone(mb epic one day) and 3rd TR...

Its nice to find this thread day before 3rd TR. Its like sign.
    Khyber - Darquel 20 bard (2xpast life bard) // Pelo 20 wizard (past life wiz/sorc) // Tyrantei 10 monk/7 fighter/1 rogue ( past life fighter) // Tyrcael 16 paladin (past life favored soul) // Tarrpancale 17 monk
    Proud officer of czech guild Mrtvej Pes and member of Pilchards.

[...]I did the following with 1 AP left over.
    [...]
    Great, thanks a lot! I wasn't sure which enhancement was the safest to drop...

Community Member

Anthios, thank you so very much for this build. I used to have a lvl 6 drow twf bard that I UTTERLY adored....right up until I hit the brick wall of "14 con and no early toughness" and started dying like..20 times a fight.
    Sooo...1-3 was awesome, 4-5 was...cool-ish, and 6...hurt ><
    I then messed about with Fvs for a bit, but I missed my rockabilly ways, stumbled across your build, and

1. I love how I am maintaining decently awesome DPS without having to buff my dex.
    2. I love how I get infinity+1 buffs(INCLUDING FEATHERFALL!)
    3. I don't die anymore. I love how your wonderful build allows me to both not die, and sing funny songs.

Soooo...TL: DR You are awesome, you make awesome builds, AND you post awesome, easy builds for people. Thank you for being awesome :P

Community Member

Just wondering, to what stat do you add points to for this build?

Quote Originally Posted by rapt View Post
    Just wondering, to what stat do you add points to for this build?
    Strength (all 5 points)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Alternate Version -- ROBOT ROCK

FEATS

15: Maximize Spell
    This is the exact same build I started a week ago. Pretty much everything is the same. However, wouldn't empower healing be better than maximize? I don't remember seeing any non-healing spells I'd want to spam that are maximizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    This is the exact same build I started a week ago. Pretty much everything is the same. However, wouldn't empower healing be better than maximize? I don't remember seeing any non-healing spells I'd want to spam that are maximizable.
    Empower healing alone provides an inadequate level of increase when your only mass cures are light and moderate.

You'll struggle to heal for enough per-casting to keep up with spike damage from mobs like the demon queen or even Velah if all you have is empower healing.

Non-maximized mass cures (with just emp-healing) are only really viable for radiant servants with their increase to empower healing's bonus and assorted free aoe heals to supplement. Everyone else needs maximize.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Empower healing alone provides an inadequate level of increase when your only mass cures are light and moderate.

You'll struggle to heal for enough per-casting to keep up with spike damage from mobs like the demon queen or even Velah if all you have is empower healing.

Non-maximized mass cures (with just emp-healing) are only really viable for radiant servants with their increase to empower healing's bonus and assorted free aoe heals to supplement. Everyone else needs maximize.
    I see, thanks. I've never played anything with heals before, so I had no idea. It just seemed more efficient. I'll probably roll with empower heals until I start raiding, then use the free feat exchange to get maximize.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast